X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    Does the Boris OUTDOOR JACKET 1 fit small or true to size? Trying to figure out if I should get a 50 if I'm typically a 48.
    I have this season's version with the removable wool vest in XS, as a 44 it fits on the looser side so can comfortably layer with it.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Just received an Egon leather, and I noticed that the inside layer of the usual seamed wind guard strip was cotton. Usually, it's leather on both sides, so this is disappointing. Is this the case with all recent Rick leathers, or is it just specific to this model or season (Walrus) or leather code (LCW)? Part of me sees how it could have been a design/practical decision, but I'm wondering if it's just decline in quality. Hoping it's not the latter, as how much could a strip of leather really save per jacket?

Edit: ok the contrast in fabric is growing on me
      Last edited by DudleyGray; 09-21-2017, 07:59 PM. Reason: added pic
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        Just received an Egon leather,

Edit: ok the contrast in fabric is growing on me
        I think it was a design decision, it would not change cost in price dramatically theoretically to make it leather for a company that large in one of the more less popular leathers.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

That makes sense, thanks Trigger.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Thanks, everyone!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I got my first 100% WS (cashmere) BBS knit. Does it pill, and if so how badly? Just wondering if it's a good idea to wear it on a trans-Atlantic flight.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I got my first 100% WS (cashmere) BBS knit. Does it pill, and if so how badly? Just wondering if it's a good idea to wear it on a trans-Atlantic flight.
                it will pill moderately, it depends on the code not everything pills the same but I would automatically assume it will do so.
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  it will pill moderately, it depends on the code not everything pills the same but I would automatically assume it will do so.
                  That's too bad. They don't make cashmere like they used to.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• falkenauge
                    • Nov 2015

For work I wear a lot of cashmere from Brunello Cucinelli, also known as the King of Cashmere. From experience, I can say that there still is high quality cashmere available that shows no pilling. I tried on the BBS cashmere sweater last weekend and compared to that, it‘s miles away while being in the same price segment. The BBS cashmere unfortunately felt „cheap“ to me. That‘s not to say that it‘s bad - but I can‘t see how such a sweater will look great after a few seasons of wear.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by falkenauge View Post
                      For work I wear a lot of cashmere from Brunello Cucinelli, also known as the King of Cashmere. From experience, I can say that there still is high quality cashmere available that shows no pilling. I tried on the BBS cashmere sweater last weekend and compared to that, it‘s miles away while being in the same price segment. The BBS cashmere unfortunately felt „cheap“ to me. That‘s not to say that it‘s bad - but I can‘t see how such a sweater will look great after a few seasons of wear.
                      I agree.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gilles
                        • Jun 2017

Is anyone aware of the circumference (interior) of Paul Harnden caps in XL? I'm assuming I need a Large, but if the XL isn't too big then I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't need anything absolutely exact, as I assume there's differences between models and production runs, but it's for the summit cap.

Comment

• mikko
                          • Apr 2013

^ They're about 60. Have a huge melon so need to go with XL, L is a bit too tight for me (at least Oily Bed Hopper and Dumpster)

Comment

• GucciAmen
                            • Sep 2014

I agree with this, I have had cashmere basics from earlier seasons and they were resilient enough, no issues with pilling actually. Then I got my first cashmere basic from FW16 and the back of the piece pilled so awfully after wearing under my tejana it became almost unwearable.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                              • Feb 2011

N.Hoolywood tags on shirts/tshirts - do you all remove them? I don't mind the look but some stranger will come up from behind and tug on it nearly every time I wear one.

Comment

• Sverrenor
                                • Feb 2012

Greetings, les gars!

Is there a way to see which material a pair of Tornadoes is made from? Just assumed the ones I'm selling are ROOMS-PTC Kangaroo, but now a potential buyer asks for exact info. How do you know if it's KANPIB, KANPOB or some of the various other Kangaroo-codes?

More pics in this Imgur-link https://imgur.com/a/Diuo2 and here's one for attention:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎