X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 034936 View Post

And about thom browne, i was interested after reading a great review of the store fitout.. though i do suppose the SA's wouldnt be too welcoming of me if i had come purely to look at the store and not spend.
    honestly, they don't mind. i've often been to TB--and elsewhere-- just to browse, and have never gotten any sort of attitude. so don't worry about it. Most places will greet you cordially and then let you alone until you ask for help.

cab prices vary greatly with traffic and the subway is often a more efficient way to travel. For the distances between the "clusters" I have mentioned, i would estimate about $6-$10.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

I had fun in Bergdorf...not very SZ, but for an out-of-towner it was an enjoyable novelty.

Also enjoyed going to Moscot (O.G. Chunky frames for glasses and sunglasses).
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
        • Aug 2008

What about Century 21 downtown? I think an out-of-towner would be into it. There are some very good bargains to be had sometimes.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Century 21, at least when I went was the biggest waist of time. Although this may be a good time to go...I don't know.

I think Laika summed it up very well with the cluster of stores. It all depends on what you're into.

My advice; Go to the select stores you actually like the clothing that is sold and spend more time doing other things.
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Oct 2008

thanks for the advice all! and yes of course, i wont be shopping 100% of the time

Comment

• Raw Edge
              • Jan 2008

The use of "biggest waist" instead of "biggest waste" when referring to c21 vs high end store is an awesome, freud would be proud, props.
              plus i agree

Originally posted by Casius View Post
              Century 21, at least when I went was the biggest waist of time. Although this may be a good time to go...I don't know.

I think Laika summed it up very well with the cluster of stores. It all depends on what you're into.

My advice; Go to the select stores you actually like the clothing that is sold and spend more time doing other things.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

lol. Oops....but yea, true. haha
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You need to go to IF, dawg. Not for streetwear, for other stuff. For snowboarding gear you gotta go to Paragon Sports. Best sports store in New York by a mile.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sargon97
                    • Jan 2009

Whats the deal with Julius pricing and sizing in Japan?

I was looking for some Julius stuff and it seems prices in the US are almost 2x what they are in Japan (unless my translations are wrong). Is this the forums experience?

Also is Julius sizing the same in Japan as it is in the US (i.e. does a 3 USA = a 3 Japan)? It seems the biggest size in Japan is a 3, which in the US its a 4. I am normally a true size 52, and I am not sure if a 3 leather jacket would fit me.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

• high_contrast
                      • Oct 2006

Just like any foreign label, importing it into the US means customs and taxes and markups. Some shops charge more because not many places carry it.

Julius is the same sizing in Japan as it is over in the US.

Usually Julius size 3 is a 38/48 (sometimes a slim 38). You would hypothetically need a 5 or 6 if they even make past a 4.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

prices are expensive in the states because of shipping/imports, currency exchanges, mark ups, etc...

if you're a 52, you probably need a 4 or 5? does a 5 even exist?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• sargon97
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                          prices are expensive in the states because of shipping/imports, currency exchanges, mark ups, etc...

if you're a 52, you probably need a 4 or 5? does a 5 even exist?
                          I think 4 is the largest they make. I'm usually a 3 in Yoshi, but he tends to oversize. Last time I was in Japan I picked up an 'M' Junya Jacket, which I think was the largest size them sold their...

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I think it was so that theres a 5, but only in some items. a true 52 might fit a 5 slimly, but it really depends.. and again I'm not sure if leathers have ever been available in 5.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Pinoy
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                              I think 4 is the largest they make. I'm usually a 3 in Yoshi, but he tends to oversize. Last time I was in Japan I picked up an 'M' Junya Jacket, which I think was the largest size them sold their...
                              i'm a sz 50 and julius sz 3 leather fits me snugly while the sz 4 is simply too loose. i'd go with a sz 4 for you.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                                • Aug 2008

Usually the American and/or European shops that cater to a "larger" clientele will stock size 4 and sometimes 5 for Julius. I'm not sure where you're located, but Alan Bilzarian in Boston is well known for their larger-sized japanese stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎