Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Does someone know how to aquire an account at catwalking? I'm not even a freelancer, but I do attent a fashion design education. Can I just say I'm a freelancer and give my school as a reference?

This would help me a lot with school, since I have to have high quality pics to print all the time. It's such a hassle to go to all these blogs finding a couple pictures that are well enough to print, style.com ain't.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

jgan85: something about the way the bee looks in the white pair smells like fish. then again who knows with dior these days...
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

Does anyone have pics of the reversible leopard skin/black leather bomber from CCP fw07.. or maybe ss07.. thanks?
        WTB: This

Comment

• stadsvandringar
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          Horikawa said that the number has a very strong meaning to him, but he seems secretive about it. July might be another reason, or coincidental?
          Isn't 7 considered a lucky number in japanese/other asian cultures? It may have something to do with that. I know the boredoms love to plaster 7's on everything too.

Comment

• Wax
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
            Does anyone have pics of the reversible leopard skin/black leather bomber from CCP fw07.. or maybe ss07.. thanks?
            what does it look like? saw a reversible ccp jacket today but with white fur

Comment

• huckleberry
              • Jul 2009

Hey, rather small question. When my CCP derbys (black) get wet they have a wierd white colour on the edge of where the water would be when they dry. I dont mean wet as in soaked, I mean like a splash of water or something. Will take a picture when it next happens if needs be but I expect someone knows what I am talking about. Anyway, is there anyway of preventing this, and why is it?

I read the first page of FIQ and AKA posted this

my bull derbys got caught in the rain and developed a weird salt like crust that i brushed right off. i would suggest you first get a good shoe brush and see if that will help. it made my derbys look better than ever.

However mine do not brush off 'easily' rather a case of tampening with tissue then drying quickly and brushing (quite tedious). So basically is there anyway to prevent this?

Comment

• tomatous
                Banned
                • Jan 2009

huckleberry,

I have experienced this with a pair of ccp sidezips from safe. They are black scarred cordovan, I don't know if that matters. It was a white crust, which came off when I scratched at it. I have since avoided wearing them if it is raining ect. I would also be curious as to why this is, if anyone has any insight?

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

anyone knows which season these were from? i know there were similar ones with only the toe strap. but im more interested in these, with the additional thicker strap. or are they both from the same season. thanks in advance :)

Comment

• Catfood
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                    anyone knows which season these were from? i know there were similar ones with only the toe strap. but im more interested in these, with the additional thicker strap. or are they both from the same season. thanks in advance :)
                    The ones in the picture are fake at least. No idea if she did a variation with the strap. Can't remember seeing them with the strap in any case.. Season would be S/S 09 if they exist.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                      The ones in the picture are fake at least. No idea if she did a variation with the strap. Can't remember seeing them with the strap in any case.. Season would be S/S 09 if they exist.
                      fake??

ooops. i didnt know. i just googled and came up with these on google images and thought they looked better than the toe-strap one. can anyone confirm whether such a variation existed?

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

/\ No, these are the fake version, which is less interesting than the genuine ones. Don't see what you like in these... The ripper should have at least choosen between the big toe stap and the feet one, but not keep both.

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by tomatous View Post
                          huckleberry,

I have experienced this with a pair of ccp sidezips from safe. They are black scarred cordovan, I don't know if that matters. It was a white crust, which came off when I scratched at it. I have since avoided wearing them if it is raining ect. I would also be curious as to why this is, if anyone has any insight?
                          this happens to my tack when its new or gets wet. i believe it is tallow, the natural fats and oils in the hide that rise to the surface. not a bad thing at all... as a matter of fact its a sign of a good tanning process.

found this link that might also help explain
                          Last edited by rider; 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

/\ I could be wrong but I'd say that this is "normal" with CCP's shoes and boots, since they've been object-dyed. It happens everytime I wear my boots in the rain - and I try to avoid it -, you only have to brush the leather with a piece of soft tissu when they're dry, and the white shades will disappear.

Mail-Moth uses a special cream for the cordovan, but I can't remember the name (he finds it at the Alden store).

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              /\ No, these are the fake version, which is less interesting than the genuine ones. Don't see what you like in these... The ripper should have at least choosen between the big toe stap and the feet one, but not keep both.
                              thanks for the heads-up. i just thought with the feet strap it looks less empty. but well, to each his own. thanks again :)

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

anyone have photos of julius leathers in destroyed/blistered ram?
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎