• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by sinnedk View Post
    answers take too long, decisions need to be made faster

this is a forum about style... and i am just asking things about style sizing, i don't care what you think, i will get my information one way or another. you want to help out cool, otherwise feel free and ignore me.

pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• sinnedk
      Banned
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      You're not asking about style, you're constantly agonizing and obsessing over which boots you should buy. Quit trying to suggest that there's more to it than that. You contribute nothing of substance to the forum and you come across as a kid who is buying his first bicycle.
      I have no problem ignoring you; I've answered a lot of your ridiculous questions when nobody else was really interested in helping. Members on here aren't stupid. They know the difference between someone obsessed with style, fashion and design and someone temporarily obsessed with buying into the flavor of the month.
      style = serious business

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        Kard,

Maybe you'll take a Q&A from the guy himself as evidence? 'Senior" designer is 'head' designer. Right? Does that pass as evidence in your universe of superior HL knowledge?

Based on the time of that Q&A, it appears he was 'senior designer' at HL right up until he launched his own line.

I have no desire to get into a pissing match with someone who obviously knows more than everyone else. Can't you go over to style forum and start a Helmut Lang thread or something where you can talk about how much you hate his t-shirts and rewrite the guy's biography.
        Which HL collections did Siki Im design? The Colovoses have been head designers at HL since 2006. All HL collections around the time of the Siki interview are also attributed to them only in all reviews I've read. So this still doesn't make any sense.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• KingJulien
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          Which HL collections did Siki Im design? The Colovoses have been head designers at HL since 2006. All HL collections around the time of the Siki interview are also attributed to them only in all reviews I've read. So this still doesn't make any sense.
          God fashion journalism sucks. There's about fifty articles on Siki Im that use the exact same phrasing - either 'worked under Karl Lagerfield and Helmut Lang' or 'worked as Senior Designer under Karl Lagerfield and Helmut Lang,' which means they're all blatantly using the same source. This is the best one but still doesn't clarify whether he was in charge:

But throughout his studies he had idolized Helmut Lang, and he eventually got an opportunity he had long dreamed of: to work at Helmut Lang — albeit the Helmut-less Helmut Lang. Designing for what was now a large commercial company turned out to be an essential learning experience for Im. He discovered how product lines, merchandising and factories worked. But it didn’t live up to what he had imagined creatively. “I mean just the name, you know?” he says. “Lang’s design aesthetic changed everything.” source.
          I can't find anything definitive other than that 'senior designer' phrase repeated over and over. The Colovoses have been 'creative directors'; the positions may not overlap.

Edit: I think he was definitely not head designer:

Michael Colovos, Spring 2008 - Present
          Nicole Colovos, Spring 2008 - Present
          Helmut Lang, 1986 - Spring 2005
          Source
          Last edited by KingJulien; 04-16-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• gnow
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by sinnedk View Post
            style = serious business
            Common boss, surely you have to ban this prick now?

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

does anyone have any experience with rick's SS version of oiled calf (LO)? i've got a good idea of the heavy FW version but i have seen some examples of a thinner SS version that i am kinda unsure about. both versions seem to have a fairly smooth and flat or homogeneous texture and appearance. maybe lacking in character initially? the weight and substance of the FW make it look bad ass anyway but i am curious about the SS. any thoughts?
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

I owned the SS10 mollino in LO, can't say I was impressed. Leather was some fisher price level quality, pretty bad...touching it felt like a very stiff piece of oily paper, lol.

It was just stiff in a bad way. Wasn't happy with it so I searched for a FW oiled calf and never looked back. I'd only go for blistered/veg lamb SS leathers.

I regret selling my LO berger X_X

Comment

• Xhale12
                  • Jan 2012

This may sound stupid, but I figured I'll ask it anyway. Like nearly all on here, I wear very monochrome colors. Black for the most part. I have brown hair. I was thinking of dying my hair black to better fit with the clothes I wear. What do you guys think?

Comment

• nahneun
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                    This may sound stupid, but I figured I'll ask it anyway. Like nearly all on here, I wear very monochrome colors. Black for the most part. I have brown hair. I was thinking of dying my hair black to better fit with the clothes I wear. What do you guys think?
                    unnecessary. dying your hair black would make you look like an emo goth kid instead.

Comment

• guidier
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                      I'd only go for blistered/veg lamb SS leathers.
                      blistered lamb is also the only thing i would buy from RO. but SS version is better than FW one?

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

I seem to remember the earliest sales begin around May but I can never remember S/S sales for sure, F/W is easy because it's always right after thanksgiving. I'm eyeing a few things trying so hard to be good and wait for sales...
                        Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
                        When do the ss12 sales usually start again?
                        music

Comment

• guidier
                          • Apr 2012

i remember ss11 sale began around May 20. so a month to go from now on.

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Xhale12 View Post
                            yah, dye it raven black

cmon dude

Originally posted by guidier View Post
                            blistered lamb is also the only thing i would buy from RO. but SS version is better than FW one?
                            no, im not saying that at all. I was saying excusable spring/summer leathers seem to be those.

Comment

• #ruin
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                              I seem to remember the earliest sales begin around May but I can never remember S/S sales for sure, F/W is easy because it's always right after thanksgiving. I'm eyeing a few things trying so hard to be good and wait for sales...
                              Thanks for that. Oh yes I know the feeling, I'm constantly checking up on a few things everyday to make sure they haven't sold out

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                                I owned the SS10 mollino in LO, can't say I was impressed. Leather was some fisher price level quality, pretty bad...touching it felt like a very stiff piece of oily paper, lol.

It was just stiff in a bad way. ...
                                thanks for the info. kind of as i feared. oh well...moving on

can anyone tell me what kind of leather this is just from the pic? looks like pig maybe? did cdiem even use pig leather on boots?

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎