X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Who? View Post
    Dji- I am not sure if this helps but Hide can order directly from dbss so you can avoid proxy fees and the whole bit.

Does anyone in the US know if packages from Eastern Market get hit with customs? Also do they carry Sak?
    thanks for the heads up who? , I still need a few webstores to see what is available this season though.

I'd imagine that EM would declare their parcels at the full value for legal purposes, just like most other stores when shipping overseas.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Do you guys store your knitwear
      1.folded in your closed
      2.hanging on a hanger?

If 2. isnt there a risk that it will stretch with time and loose its shape?

A friend of mine told me that he had problems with moths while storing the knit in the closet and that one could avoid this with haning it on the hanger in a open closet.

What ya say?
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Johannes Thorsen
        • Jun 2007

Well, if you keep them hanging then they will strech. Moths where not bad at my house, but I also cleaned out my closet once a month atleast, and make sure everything get some "fresh air" else it also can seem to smell a little old.

You could do like LUC and make big circle hangers and fold them into them (thats what I have done with all my knits and t-shirts, it's easier just to slap them into the circle, think I can fit in about 2-3 knits in a big circle). They are pretty easy to do yourself also. :)
        Last edited by Johannes Thorsen; 10-29-2008, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

for me its both, I try to have a majority on hangers but some I fold. I would at least hang the ones that crease easily.

a very heavy and loose or super stretchy knit might stretch, but I dont see a problem with any light or normal weight knitwear.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
            Do you guys store your knitwear
            1.folded in your closed
            2.hanging on a hanger?

If 2. isnt there a risk that it will stretch with time and loose its shape?

A friend of mine told me that he had problems with moths while storing the knit in the closet and that one could avoid this with haning it on the hanger in a open closet.

What ya say?
            Fold them, cause they will stretch. I put my in special plastic bags with zippers so moth does not get to them.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
              • Dec 2007

silly question: did ann ever make size xxl? i dont even remember seeing xl.
              I don't exist.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

There is definitely XL, not sure about XXL though.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
                  • Dec 2007

thanks faust. an italian seller just told me they would stock ann in size m ~ xxl...
                  I don't exist.

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

Trying to send a package to the US. But what should I state in the "(export) Procedure"-column? also, do I have to state a invocie number, if I have to.... where do I "find" one.. heh. :D This is like a whole science. I think I atleast got the tariff no. right.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

is that some sort of an advanced customs form..? most that I've seen from various countries ask for package contents, weight, commercial value and type of shipment (gift, commercial sample etc). the one for personal use shouldn't require any tarif numbers or things like that, unless sweden has some next level system
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Piffen
                        • Aug 2007

Sweden's definitely on top of the game.. Always.

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Thanks for all the input...
                          and Faust, i think i will go your way! Sound great those special bags!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Fold them, cause they will stretch. I put my in special plastic bags with zippers so moth does not get to them.

Comment

• reborn
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            Thanks for all the input...
                            and Faust, i think i will go your way! Sound great those special bags!
                            You can also include a lavendar sash (I get mine from trader joes)...it keeps everything fresh...and if you don't put stuff in zip bags, it would keep moths and silverfish away (cedar sashes also work well).

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

Just bought a whole package of that stuff...:)

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

mike and piffen (and anyone else interested!) guess I just go with a recommended letter, would work as well and with smaller forms to fill in. but as you said it might not be that I should write in all the columns either due to the fact that I don't own a business.

apropos of business, got an email from paypal saying that I have to send them some stuff cause I have gotten over €1000 and so. They wanted a scan of my drivers license, an utility bill (didn't have one so gave them a salary notice, hope it'll work). But they also want "business information" I don't have any business so can I just ignore this?

also... the dollar sank towards the swedish crown today... and I got the feeling that my amount of dollarz in paypal also sank.... does it do that? cause if it does I lost like $50..

So many questions so little time.

EDIT: Apparently you had to provide some info, did it a second ago, eaaaasy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎