Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

Linea --- they are petty much the only pair that have ticked the box for me. slim and simple, track a pair down if you can.

The Cdiem versions make me think they belong in Donnie Brasco. M.A+ are minimal enough not too look dated but they never fitted me, the cut is great and if i were bigger they would the ones i would choose... 5pockets in Amadeis super soft hides are beautiful. Size down as they will give at least a full size.
    Carol's are pretty hardcore i would find it pretty hard to mix into a wardrobe.
    Harnden's have looked good if you don't wear them too tight; i think its better to wear them loose than fitted.

Loads of people do them but i think most designers fail... i think the best way is to cut them like a jean but without any denim detailing.

Comment

• pregnantbob
      • May 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      Cande wax on leather will almost definitely leave an oily residue mark, even after all of it has been removed. I suppose it depends on the composition of the wax, how much essential oil, if any, was in it, etc.

The only rational thing to do, therefore, is find the bastard and beat his careless ass to your satisfaction.
      most of the stain can be taken care of with good ol polishing with leather conditioner and wax

Comment

• Bson
        • May 2013

Thank you for more great suggestions and first-hand input snafu

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
        you can also try your local favorite fetish shop. you can get a custom pair to fit you like a (body)glove. it's just like getting a check up at the doctor's office. turn your head and cough...
        Hahaha!!!! Is it bad that the thought has crossed my mind? The former part about looking in unconventional places, not the whole check-up scenerio....

Actually, the last pants I took to a tailor, he was pinning the inseam and I was asking "higher... a bit higher..." and he was somewhat nervously obliging. After he said "If you sneeze you'll fly out of these!"

Comment

• Williebabzan
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          Cande wax on leather will almost definitely leave an oily residue mark, even after all of it has been removed. I suppose it depends on the composition of the wax, how much essential oil, if any, was in it, etc.

The only rational thing to do, therefore, is find the bastard and beat his careless ass to your satisfaction.
          : ( Done the best I could do now, me thinks. Put the shoes in freezer, scraped wax of etc. Don't know if it will work though. Where can I get that license to kill?

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

there have been some nice leather detroits in the past, and this season there is a blistered lamb memphis that might be the best option i've seen so far in that department.

the double fly slim boris pants in pig leather from this season look pretty great as well, but the price is somewhat (expectedly) absurd.

Comment

• lionlimb
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
              At this point all there will be is Totokaelo Man with Rick Owens and Ann Demeulemeester. Haven't been in the physical store so can't speak the shop itself, though.
              I didn't spend a lot of time in their man section, but they had a nice selection in the owens / demeulemeester / costume national / margiela way of things. It's a fun space, worth stopping in. They also carry a lot of small-scale, newish designers that make cool stuff, so I'd go in with an open mind + eyes. It'd be a good opportunity to feel textiles and try on stuff for fit, and maybe find some well-designed, well-made things, even if they aren't ccp / ro / whatever.
              not baller

Comment

• Jbravo
                • Feb 2013

I bought a pair of horse cordovan lace-ups. The right boot feels comfortable (well, as comfortable as a brand new augusta shoe can get) but the left one is a nightmare - the inside of the upper is literally chopping my foot. Sick pair though.

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Shoves pair of socks deep inside the boot to push the leather up. Leave it there for a couple of days. Really shove it in.
                  That will sort it out.
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Perhaps putting in a cedar shoe tree might be a better solution. Also, such small questions should go into the shopping section. Let me know when you read the answer and I will remove it after.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

A stretcher usually helps with these type of issues. I've used it with shoes that were slightly too narrow for my feet as well as ones that had strong creases which pressed against my toes, stretching them slightly will even out the creases a bit and softer the leather too. You can get cheap stretcher from ebay or amazon for $15, they'll work fine.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Jbravo
                        • Feb 2013

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Faust, feel free to delete - I got all the info copied, thanks.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

moved to small questions as it might be relevant to someone
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Michael_Robartes
                            • May 2013

Anyone familiar with this shop?
                            ABOUT to order another pair of CCP drips this time for retail, anyone know anything about this place?
                            seems legit...
                            carol christian poell,ccp,the office gallery,the ccp office,circular letter

deposit, then 6 month waiting fee since im getting a special colour thats out of stock is the bit im nervous about

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dawn
                              Been contemplating on ordering a pair of CCP overdyed visible meltlock front-zip trousers (PM/2671OD CORD-PTC/10).

For those that own/owned them, are they comfortable? How versatile are they? Suitable for year-round?
                              they are great trousers, somewhat low crotch with a relaxed fit, but slim legs. the fabric is quite light. Ink has pretty good photos in case you haven't seen.

they have one tiny annoying feature, the buttons on detachable belt loops on my pair come undone by themselves, so I ended up sewing them in.

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Michael_Robartes View Post
                                Anyone familiar with this shop?
                                ABOUT to order another pair of CCP drips this time for retail, anyone know anything about this place?
                                seems legit...
                                carol christian poell,ccp,the office gallery,the ccp office,circular letter

deposit, then 6 month waiting fee since im getting a special colour thats out of stock is the bit im nervous about
                                ive purchased from them before. nice people.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎