Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me if Rick Owens will correct a manufacturer defect on a garment even if it wasn't purchased from the boutique? My drskshdw jean jacket with leather sleeves has the lining sewn wrong on one arm. Basically the lining twists around following the sleeve seam making it difficult to put your arm in without twisting around the sleeve the other way and slipping it through. Only one arm is like this so it's clearly a defect and not intentional.

It's a minor annoyance so I've just been wearing it anyway but I've been meaning to get it fixed. Don't really trust a tailor with it so I'm wondering if they might fix it since it's clearly a defect and not an issue of wear and tear. It's an older jacket and shows that it was manufactured in Italy by Olmar and Mirta.
    music

Comment

• thejjbb
      • Apr 2008

Hey Casem!

I had literally the exact same problem with the same style of jacket ~2 years ago, sleeve lining on one of the sleeves was twisted 360 degrees with in the arm. I got it from the RO NYC boutique, and I pointed out the manufacturing error in-store and they gave me a decent discount on it and recommended Chris French (tailor/cleaners) to fix it.

I ended up fixing it myself by making a cut all the way around the mid point of the sleeve lining, rotating it back to the correct orientation, and sewing that as a seam with lots of reinforcement, and it's held up for two years with no issues. (It works well because the lining has excess fabric compared to the sleeve, so there's plenty of room to cut/sew a little). The proper way would be to undo it at one end, rotate, and sew it but that's pretty complicated because of the leather, the way the sleeve ends (snaps on mine), and the gusset-like construction on the armpit/armscye.

So I would check in with the store you bought it from and ask for a discount or replacement if it was a recent purchase, and if there's no luck there I'd check with RO but I'm not sure they'd be much help.

Comment

• okayvin
        • Sep 2013

Given that an item is available on both Rakuten and Yahoo Japan, from which store would you recommend I purchase?

ebates gives cashback on Rakuten but not YHP. And Rakuten has an eng interface. It seems to me like Rakuten is the better choice. Is there anything else that I should be aware of?

Comment

• twmllr
          • Sep 2013

purchased from both, i would say rakuten is better

Comment

• BrokenBoards
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
            Can anyone tell me if Rick Owens will correct a manufacturer defect on a garment even if it wasn't purchased from the boutique? My drskshdw jean jacket with leather sleeves has the lining sewn wrong on one arm. Basically the lining twists around following the sleeve seam making it difficult to put your arm in without twisting around the sleeve the other way and slipping it through. Only one arm is like this so it's clearly a defect and not intentional.

It's a minor annoyance so I've just been wearing it anyway but I've been meaning to get it fixed. Don't really trust a tailor with it so I'm wondering if they might fix it since it's clearly a defect and not an issue of wear and tear. It's an older jacket and shows that it was manufactured in Italy by Olmar and Mirta.
            I've been in communication with RO customer care for the better part of a month now trying to get an issue resolved with a piece I bought in London, and I can tell you it hasn't been an easy battle. Their customer care team seems to be based out of Italy and English isn't their strong suit. Given how hard it's been for me to get anywhere for a simple defective zipper, I can only imagine how difficult it might be to explain your point in elementary terms, unless you can speak Italian. Sending pictures has helped my case push forward a little bit.
            Last edited by BrokenBoards; 01-25-2014, 12:16 AM.
            "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Marlon
              • Sep 2011

Does Paul Harnden make jacket using a fabric like jersey or something similar ? Recently found pictures of one and the fabric looks like it (but the tag is missing and the guy says its a wool/cotton melange).

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                I've been in communication with RO customer care for the better part of a month now trying to get an issue resolved with a piece I bought in London, and I can tell you it hasn't been an easy battle. Their customer care team seems to be based out of Italy and English isn't their strong suit. Given how hard it's been for me to get anywhere for a simple defective zipper, I can only imagine how difficult it might be to explain your point in elementary terms, unless you can speak Italian. Sending pictures has helped my case push forward a little bit.
                Out of curiousity, why are you dealing with the label and not the store?
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Where can one find Thom Browne in the UK? Is DSM still a stockist? Thanks!
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Out of curiousity, why are you dealing with the label and not the store?
                    Short of it, been in communication with both, just trying to find the best solution.

Feel free to PM me if you wan't to hear the long of it.
                    "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• xeraphim
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                      Where can one find Thom Browne in the UK? Is DSM still a stockist? Thanks!
                      DSM, Harrods, Hervia, End, oki-ni.

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

Just wondering if anyone can recommend (or offer, if a very well established member) a good USA proxy?

Comment

• turkeyschmitt
                          • Jun 2013

Where can I find used/secondhand Devoa, Julius, and KK Attachment, other than SZ, SF, Sufu, Y!JP, and re-porter? Specifically, since these brands are all Japanese, I was wondering if there are any Japanese consignment stores or online marketplaces that I'm missing out on. Thank you!

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by turkeyschmitt View Post
                            Where can I find used/secondhand Devoa, Julius, and KK Attachment, other than SZ, SF, Sufu, Y!JP, and re-porter? Specifically, since these brands are all Japanese, I was wondering if there are any Japanese consignment stores or online marketplaces that I'm missing out on. Thank you!
                            Rakuten. And yes, there are a lot of Japanese consignment store working on offline basis.

Comment

• tong1801
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by turkeyschmitt View Post
                              Try ragtag.jp. By the way, anyone here know of any Japanese retailer for Lumen Et Umbra?

Comment

• xeraphim
                                • Nov 2008

^ fascinate.jp

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡