X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boodude
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    first a question: are you sure they are 100% cotton? synthetics won't take the dye, so a cotton-synthetic blend will never take the dye fully, unless you are using acid dyes.

second, the material of your pants could be treated with something that prevents the dye from taking - a 'chemical finish' such as those used to prevent mildew or soiling, or they could also be overly saturated with dye from the beginning. so particularly if the pants are new, you may need to remove this first by washing them a few times / using a dye-remover / using something that 'scours' the fabric.

and the cotton fabric could actually have been dyed using a 'paint' which covers the surface of the cotton, rather than dye it through. this is sometimes the case particularly with white cotton, it seems. this would make dyeing more difficult.

also, since you are dyeing and not 'painting', the initial color will affect the end result - dyeing blue pants black, will yield a more blueish-black, than dyeing a red pair of pants would. this is normal.

you can always try dyeing at a higher temperature as well - as high as possible.
    Awesome info Shucks! Thanks! To be precise they are 97% cotton and 3% spandex ( for stretch). Do you think that makes it more difficult? TBH i don't mind the blackish blue it is just that they have a very boring navy now that i am not fond of. However they fit me so well that I got 3 pairs so I want to dye 2 of them black. So as long as I can get them closer to black I am happy!

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

For Siki Im, if you have a Korean proxy there's firstlook (doesn't seem like they ship international but they have by far the biggest buy available online).

Also there's Hlorenzo, Suspension Point (not sure if they are carrying any new collections), and Anchoret.

Machus, Antionoli, Allotmentstore.uk and Patron of the New all used to but didn't post anything new this season, could always check and see if they are carrying it again next season.

I also noticed Forward lists Siki as upcoming designer. Finally, Barney's NY is now carrying him but hasn't posted any of it online yet.

Originally posted by Who? View Post
      Need help finding online sales of the following:

Siki Im
      Abasi Rosborough

Thank you
      music

Comment

• justinhere
        • Jan 2014

Is that the black wax jean?I am doing on the normal denim like the video,it doesn't work like the video,it took me an hour to wax more than half of the extra large wax 'soap'. This drive me crazy.
        Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
        I try otter wax on my DRKSHDW jean to rewax it. It works fine like on video. They says 24 hours in fridge but I had good results after left it one week in room.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by boodude View Post
          Awesome info Shucks! Thanks! To be precise they are 97% cotton and 3% spandex ( for stretch). Do you think that makes it more difficult? TBH i don't mind the blackish blue it is just that they have a very boring navy now that i am not fond of. However they fit me so well that I got 3 pairs so I want to dye 2 of them black. So as long as I can get them closer to black I am happy!
          Yes the spandex can prevent the dye from fully absorbing so it could be difficult or impossible to get them fully black.

Using a bigger amount of dye, the proper amount of salt and a higher temperature will help, but its likely they will still end up dark blue.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DamageX
            • Dec 2008

Any recommendations for a pair of good and sturdy work boots that look similar to this:

(Unfortunately, these are not in available in my size)

I'm looking for the same reverse leather finish in black and would prefer if they were not made in China. I looked at Red Wings, Frye but couldn't find that type of finish.

I've been working at a lot of ranches recently...
            Last edited by DamageX; 02-03-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Comment

• k3mist
                • Apr 2013

not quite similar but i saw these in a store few days ago. quality on it was quite something.

viberg black oil boots

Comment

• DamageX
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  Hahahahahaha!! I wish I had those

@k3mist - Thanks! I'll check them out!

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
                    Any recommendations for a pair of good and sturdy work boots that look similar to this:

(Unfortunately, these are not in available in my size)

I'm looking for the same reverse leather finish in black and would prefer if they were not made in China. I looked at Red Wings, Frye but couldn't find that type of finish.

I've been working at a lot of ranches recently...

I posted these in Recent Purchases back in December. Chippewa Odessa in reverse leather. Seems they are Japan-only but some sizes can still be found searching around Rakuten, etc. Being around/under $300, they are hard to beat.

Comment

• Dorje
                      • Oct 2013

Yeah, for classic work boots Chippewa, Red Wing and Wolverine. Check out the Wolverine Austen, I bought a pair but returned them, the sole wasn't what I needed... it's a commando sole but with small, low profile lugs. I wanted full lugs. But it is a really nice boot, I regret returning them at the price I paid ($200) but one can own only so many boots. It's likely a bunch are on ebay as Gilt and others blew them out a few months ago.

Those Vibergs are beautiful! I don't have experience with them but on the higher end Viberg and White's are also worth looking into.

Official Wolverine Site - Shop the Wolverine Men's 1000 Mile Collection vintage Boots and Shoes and receive everyday free shipping on all orders.

DamageX, what are the boots you posted, they look really nice?

Comment

• DamageX
                        • Dec 2008

Thanks croatoan and Dorje for the recommendations! :)

Dorje, I did look at the White's Smoke Jumpers which I love. They are actually pretty much the same as the one's I posted which are Ironheart x Viberg boots.

Those boots are beautiful croatoan; I'll see if I can find a pair.

I'm trying to find something in NYC so I can try them on though.

Comment

• justinhere
                          • Jan 2014

Which leather is the best in red for ccp? Help me make the choice from horse and kangaroo.

Comment

• k3mist
                            • Apr 2013

personally I always go for kangaroo in ccp. its just more comfortable

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

Horse for me, although comfortable the ROO doesn't hold the shape as nicely.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

I think it depends on the item the leather is used for. I would prefer shoes/boots in horse, but the drip-sneakers in kangaroo. Accessories like gloves in kangaroo and jacket depends on the model but preferably horse. Makes me think horse is also more durable, but don't if this is true.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎