• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i think they will both be too big...
    Well if I decide to buy wide bracelet I will call/mail pnp-firenze about it. The thin one is at Campbell's website only and his attitude towards measurements... ugh, I don't want to try asking :) Thank you anyway!

Comment

• ilurkaround
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Baddarn View Post
      Thanks! And yeah you're right... this might not be the best place to talk about "worth"

I guess a was hoping for something like "Yes! great quality and minimal stretching" or "No! hopeless overpriced crap! Look at this similar one [insert awesome brand]"

It's just that I really like the texture and details and was hoping the quality was on the same level, that would make it an instant cop
      if you're looking for something a bit less, you should probably go for silent basics. as stated before they have the elongated length and the facbric/cotton is more durable then what is used in RO and BBS basics.

imo RO basics are pretty delicate, especially the 100% cotton. i have holes and shredding on my RO tanks/tees. BBS basics seem a bit more durable. anyways, just hand wash everything if your worried about shredding, stretching and holes.

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Which model of Rick Owens current season leather jacket you guys think are the best and the most stylish? (im in market for one, never own Rick leather b4)

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

Yohji on yahoo has tons of black shirts

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Does anyone here can help me with LU sizing?

I'm normally between 46 and 48, they have both. Does it normally run tight or wide? Thank you :)
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• xeraphim
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Trouble
              Yohji and CdG, my 2 favourite brands, don't regularly put out such basics, and are not very accessible either.
              they always do. go to a store, or find a proxy.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Trouble
                I guess I was just judging by what I've seen on the second hand market, yes I'm sure they put them out at flagship stores but I am nowhere near them and the small amount of retailers that carry these brands don't buy such "basic" basics that I'm looking for. I am just looking for other alternatives atm
                you may want to look to jil sander, slp, dior, raf or mmm..?

you should be able to find simple, well-cut shirts from them in any number of online shops, and also yoox, if you browse around a bit.

Comment

• schemedream
                  • Jan 2013

I've like Ann D's button ups. Saw some on clearance at Barney's and picked up a black one for ~100 or so. Maybe even less. I've worn them to business meetings and I feel like they are cut in a way that isn't going to throw the more conservative off, yet still look great and are closer to the aesthetic that I'm trying to work towards.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Hmm... I always thought they just looked boring and ill-fitting, except when their ordinariness is offset by some seasonal detail.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• kanne
                      • Jun 2009

has anyone attempted dyeing rick basics - 100% cotton, thread seems to be too? shouldn't be a problem, right?

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kanne View Post
                        has anyone attempted dyeing rick basics - 100% cotton, thread seems to be too? shouldn't be a problem, right?
                        this should be your main concern - you may want to make sure.

i usually check by finding some loose end of thread, cutting it off and then lighting it on fire with a lighter. if it melts when it burns, it's synthetic (and won't take dye). if not, it's probably not. but no guarantees - this is just my own crude method.

obviously you could also test the sample with a little bit of dye...
                        Last edited by Shucks; 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          this should be your main concern - you may want to make sure.

i usually check by finding some loose end of thread, cutting it off and then lighting it on fire with a lighter. if it melts when it burns, it's synthetic (and won't take dye). if not, it's probably not. but no guarantees - this is just my own crude method.

obviously you could also test the sample with a little bit of dye...
                          Pretty much every dyer will do the same. So, not so crude.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kanne
                            • Jun 2009

thanks for the quick reply! yeah i've already tried that, was just wondering if someone could say for sure. i guess it would be the same on shirts every season. i'll just go for it and report back.

Comment

• daou0782
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by kanne View Post
                              havent had any trouble as long as it is pitch black. also liquid dyes seem to work better than powder.

Comment

• daou0782
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                                I feel like this whole site should be an answer if you've lurked a bit ...

but RO/DRKSHDW is cheaper, especially if you don't mind greys - a lot of long basics survive to yoox/spence/etc., where you can get them for 100 or so. Otherwise, VTB is supposedly good. BBS is OK, although in my experience the fabric stretches a lot and the pricing for basics is a little into the "hahaha I can do what I want and you'll pay it anyway" realm.

Oh, and Silent, of course. Always solid quality, good fabric, and machine washable, whereas some of these brands seem to seriously believe people will dryclean their fucking tanks every time they wear them. Most of my silent tees have a similar length to RO, if length is what you need.

edit: is it worth it? Up to you. People here will pay thousands for a pair of trainers, so we may not be the best set of people to ask about the moetary "worth" of clothing...
                                vtb 1st gen was all cotton. recent iterations in modal tend to pill quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎