Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aska
    • Feb 2013

Any one who knows if the Sruli store is still open in Reykjavik? Going there tomorrow and would like to visit, if still open. Any other suggestions of things to do is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comment

• okayvin
      • Sep 2013

What to do with Guidi backzips that aren't forming creases well? At the forefoot, my Guidi don't have any deep creases like on some others that I have seen. They have a few loose ripples. Will they get better over time? I've been using them for a few weeks now.

Comment

• k3mist
        • Apr 2013

generally depends on what leather its made from. i would guess something like reverse leathers would not crease as much as the calf ones?
        but either way a few weeks is probably too short a time

Comment

• okayvin
          • Sep 2013

Mine is soft horse. I guess I will just have to wait and see :/

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I might be stating the obvious here, but there are different shaft shapes on back/side zips and the types with more backwards slanted shafts crease a lot more particularly at the front of the ankle. Don't know if this is the type of creasing you are referring to?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• drizzly
              Banned
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
              Mine is soft horse. I guess I will just have to wait and see :/
              post a few pics so we see what you are talking about

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

anyone know how early/late in the season Rick Owens NYC has its first round of discounts?

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  anyone know how early/late in the season Rick Owens NYC has its first round of discounts?
                  Difficult to say as retail in NYC is still in a bit of a slump across the board for a myriad of reasons. A lot of big box stores (a la Barney's, Bergdorf, etc.) are rumored to be breaking initial markdowns a bit early this season and starting at the end of May instead of the traditional mid-late June or even early July, so expect some designer boutiques to follow this model. Whether or not RO will try to capitalize on this is up to them and their Fall collection delivery window.

My advice is to try to get in good with someone at the shop and try to get a pre-sale invite.
                  "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• jordie
                    • Mar 2012

Is it a crime/is it possible for me to tailor my CCP suit to fit me? Its a 52, but I feel I needed it to be a 50.

Am I dreaming?
                    @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

its your suit, do what you want if you are sure you want to keep it. however, if it has taped seams which many suits do, it will be notably more difficult.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                        Difficult to say as retail in NYC is still in a bit of a slump across the board for a myriad of reasons. A lot of big box stores (a la Barney's, Bergdorf, etc.) are rumored to be breaking initial markdowns a bit early this season and starting at the end of May instead of the traditional mid-late June or even early July, so expect some designer boutiques to follow this model. Whether or not RO will try to capitalize on this is up to them and their Fall collection delivery window.

My advice is to try to get in good with someone at the shop and try to get a pre-sale invite.
                        thanks! I thought this might be the case, will wait and see then.

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                          • Dec 2013

for those who own/have owned both: guidi back vs side zips, in general which are more comfortable for wearing all day? or does the zipper position make a difference?

i just imagine the zipper being on your heel would make for some really nice blisters.

Comment

• noirgt
                            • Oct 2012

all my guidi experiences are comfortable as fuck... back zip won't make any pain or blister

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
                              all my guidi experiences are comfortable as fuck... back zip won't make any pain or blister
                              thanks, was hoping this was the case

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
                                for those who own/have owned both: guidi back vs side zips, in general which are more comfortable for wearing all day? or does the zipper position make a difference?

i just imagine the zipper being on your heel would make for some really nice blisters.
                                Both are comfortable, just be sure to 1-2 size up. Back zipper is obviously covered by a leather strap, so don't be afraid of blisters.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎