• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickandjulius
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
    it's a mollino, not a safari...
    Yep, that came up with better results. Thanks.

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

speaking of mollino's. shucks (or anyone) do you know how to get cigarette smoke out of the leather? djed a party the other night and can't get the smell out. it's driving my gf bonkers...
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Dorje
        • Oct 2013

Give it a few days for the cig smoke, if it's a one-time immersion it should come out without lingering for too long.... if it's still there in a week I'd go to a professional cleaner though.

I'm glad all the bars are non-smoking in the US now but when I was working in Europe every once in a while it was unavoidable so I have some good experience there. I had a calf jacket that REEKED after being in a bar, and it happened several times. I don't know how people put up with it, it's disgusting.

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
          speaking of mollino's. shucks (or anyone) do you know how to get cigarette smoke out of the leather? djed a party the other night and can't get the smell out. it's driving my gf bonkers...
          Only one way to do this, hang it in an open space preferably outside if possible for a couple of days. Also a little trick to avoid this in the future is to not wear it when you dj or go for a drink, smoke tends to go up in the air so you 'll have better chances if you find a lower spot in the place to store it. You 'll be surprised at the results.
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• nicelynice
            • Oct 2009

Maybe this is blasphemy, but has anyone cut the neck down on a Rick Geo? I didn't realize how high the FW09 one was in the back compared to the FW08

I don't mind wearing it like this, but it seems a little off with the half-fold

Full neck looks (and feels) a bit much:

Front-on shot with the collar half-folded - looks better from the front

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

yes blasphemy!

don't u cut that collar. it is one of rick's best designs ever. wear it up and with pride.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I have to say I like the silhouette better when its folded, but then again I'm not a huge fan of the geo to begin with. Have you considered an intarsia or some other cut?

Its your jacket and choice, my opinion has been that its ok to alter garments unless you need to completely change the look, in that case its better to look for an alternative. I suppose its up to personal discretion whether altering the collar fundamentally changes the design. I would do it if I really liked everything else about it and were certain I would get a lot of wear out of the jacket for years.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kanne
                  • Jun 2009

i own the FW08 one and the collar is just as high.

don't cut it.

Comment

• nicelynice
                    • Oct 2009

I actually owned an Intarsia mid-collar, wore it quite heavily, and then eventually let it go to consolidate closet space. Geo is a lot more fun and interesting jacket for me, I love the pockets and the structure of the front of the neck, it's just the back of the collar that brings it down for me a little bit. The heavy washed lamb from FW08 and FW09 is also one of my favorite leathers he's used - if I could track down an Intarsia or Rick's Jacket with the same leather, I'd probably jump right on it, but I'm not a huge fan of the recent leathers.

I don't mind altering garments (I just sent away a Stooges I've owned for four years to FINALLY have the sleeves shortened), just not sure it'll turn out the way I like it with this jacket. It also leaves me with the issue of finding someone who can do a proper job with it (anyone have any suggestions in Tokyo?)

I'm not disinclined aesthetically to the giant collar, it's just that functionally it's a bit too much to deal with - folding it, having it flop around when the jacket is open, etc. It's fine with the jacket fully zipped, but I rarely wear it in that way.

Thanks for the responses either way, have to give it some thought - getting too hot to wear it out anyways!

Comment

• Shogun8
                      • Sep 2013

Rick Owens Ramones Mainline vs. DRKSHDW

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      quality seems about the same besides the change in fabrics. zipper taping is leather, the rest is unlined. mainline is 7 eyelet, drkshdw is 8. also:
                      dji, thanks for this great info. You mention that the drkshdw fits snugger. Does that mean that if I take a 42 in the mainline, I should size up a 1/2 size or full size for drkshdw?

Thanks again!

Comment

• PandorasFate
                        • Apr 2014

Trunk Sales

I have an opportunity to go to a trunk sale given by L'Oreal Luxe. I have a frequent guest at my job that does fabric and has access. I live in the middle of freaking nowhere, so this a huge deal. I've never been to one, if you have, give me pointers. Margiela and Diesel are in the portfolio, so I'm a bit stoked.
                        “Budget the luxuries first.”
                        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
                          I have an opportunity to go to a trunk sale given by L'Oreal Luxe. I have a frequent guest at my job that does fabric and has access. I live in the middle of freaking nowhere, so this a huge deal. I've never been to one, if you have, give me pointers. Margiela and Diesel are in the portfolio, so I'm a bit stoked.
                          go for the margiela, the older the better. help everyone else out and put all of the diesel in the garbage bin.

Comment

• PandorasFate
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                            go for the margiela, the older the better. help everyone else out and put all of the diesel in the garbage bin.
                            Diesel has a watch or two that look alright. I work with my hands in water and tend to thrash watches, so a cheap all black one is fine. I hate wearing one, but its required and i will not drop more than $100 anything that irritates me,this one is passable NOT their clothes. Good god, no. I get enough morons in their jeans and Audigier around here.
                            “Budget the luxuries first.”
                            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
                              Diesel has a watch or two that look alright. I work with my hands in water and tend to thrash watches, so a cheap all black one is fine. I hate wearing one, but its required and i will not drop more than $100 anything that irritates me,this one is passable NOT their clothes. Good god, no. I get enough morons in their jeans and Audigier around here.
                              true! i need to start wearing a watch to keep time while i work and i'd be in the same boat as it's always in water, getting wet, whatever so baller watches are completely out of the question. tell me how it works out!

Comment

• Maxgame
                                • Nov 2012

Julius zippers

I have 3 pieces from F/W 2012/13 Resonance 2 of them are runway pieces and pretty pricey with out exception all 3 with in few weeks end up with broken zippers. Does anyone has the similar problem if you had what did you do is there a way to call North America Julius ( even if there is one ) to complain and ask for new one I tried to go through friends from Gallery Aesthate they tried but Julius wasnt very helpful according to them.
                                Problem is mainly with Dbl zip function and believe me before i write something (I can be a complainer but not too keen to write about it) i practice and work on them hours finally take them to local leather place they told me they were just bad zippers and couldnt do anything about it but replace them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎