Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

i love those julius sunglasses, i think they work best if you wear a lot of julius already and want to eventually own a red robotic motorcycle or hack the planet. i'd like to do both, preferrably simultaneously.
    Last edited by messenoire; 05-11-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Dorje
      • Oct 2013

Buying sunglasses online is possible only if the dimensions are available, and/or many times the manufacturer will say if it fits small, med or large faces. But like any online purchase it is a crapshoot in some ways.

I have the A1s in burnt IR, I like them a lot...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        i love those julius sunglasses, i think they work best if you wear a lot of julius already and want to eventually own a red robotic motorcycle or hack the planet. i'd like to do both, preferrably simultaneously.
        I sure as hell love mine, but if I wear something that's not rick and julius I feel they are out of place and this is what I have Burned B2's for to wear with more robust looking things, but even then I don't want to put on the B2's because they don't compare to these.

Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Dorje
          • Oct 2013

Stangename and TD, you guys are making the Julius model look really good!

I agree with your thoughts on where they work, I do not have the wardrobe for them... to me they look like a dystopian SciFi military goggle.

Comment

• gawkrodger
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
            speaking of mollino's. shucks (or anyone) do you know how to get cigarette smoke out of the leather? djed a party the other night and can't get the smell out. it's driving my gf bonkers...
            a little late, but try spraying a 1part vodka, 3 part water mix on the jacket, rubbing with a sponge and hang outside in the sun to dry

Comment

• Dorje
              • Oct 2013

Oh yeah...

Comment

• flashoflight
                • Sep 2013

Does anyone own a pair of Julius engineer boots similar to these?

I'm curious to know if these boots are designed with tucking in mind? Or can they be worn untucked under slim pants without making the pants flare?

Also if anyone has pictures of these Julius engineer boots being worn (any leather) I would appreciate some links. None of the pictures I found show off the boots very well.

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

These are in reverse steer

Comment

• Dorje
                    • Oct 2013

flash, I have _7 backzip engineer boots that are a little taller and with the heavy-lugged Vibram soles.

The fit on the shaft is slim, enough that you can't see them under pants (no flare) but there is just enough room to tuck if you wish. Nice design IMO... the forefoot/toebox is exaggerated so there is supposed to be a little extra room there.

Overall quality is spectacular.

Comment

• flashoflight
                      • Sep 2013

messenoire & Djore thanks so much, that was extremely helpful!

And messenoire, those boots look excellent really appreciate the picture!

Comment

• flying lotus
                        • Dec 2012

is the rick owens ma-1 winter version different year to year?

like, is the f/w 2011 limo ma-1 any different than the f/w 2013 plinth in terms of fit, silhouette, materials?

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

A few questions for anyone who owns the drkshdw "gimp" hoodie.

Is the hood comfortable to wear? Is It big enough to fit your head without stretching the fabirc?

Are the pockets deep enough that you can put a wallet in there and not worry about it falling out?

I know these seem pretty trivial, but I usually end up living in hoodies.

thanks

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Trouble
                            yeah i have them too and i wear them as regular glasses with prescription lenses in them, but i mostly wear yohji and cdg and feel like it clashes here and there pretty often
                            Could you post a pic? I've been wondering if I should do this ... I understand issues with anonymity, though, so if it's a concern, no worries.

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                              A few questions for anyone who owns the drkshdw "gimp" hoodie.

Is the hood comfortable to wear? Is It big enough to fit your head without stretching the fabirc?

Are the pockets deep enough that you can put a wallet in there and not worry about it falling out?

I know these seem pretty trivial, but I usually end up living in hoodies.

thanks
                              there are a few iterations, i have the one without the cumbersome strap where the zip is one continuous zip and not 2 separate zips like you'll find on earlier iterations.
                              the hood is big but not like TOO big. i wear it up a lot and the weight of the zipper makes it hang over my face and i rather like that effect. it's definitely big enough by all means. the pockets are like normal hoodie pockets, i carry a bag as well but if i wanted to keep a phone or my wallet in the front hoodie pocket it wouldnt be any problem. i wear it fully zipped to sleep on long flights and train rides because i honestly dont give a fuck and i'm probably on some weirdo tumblr blog somewhere. i've worn mine for a long time now and it's definitely my goto hoodie, i own bbs, damir, silent hoodies as well and the drkshdw one is my favorite.

Comment

• TheArchitect
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                                Here are the measurements from my pair of the julius collab:
                                44 [] 29 / 150 mm

And yes they're a bit too much.
                                Julius or not.. they are perfect
                                https://www.facebook.com/arootsorg

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡