X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

these are all a pretty slim silhouette though which is why they work, anything wide and bulky will look out of place imo
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      these are all a pretty slim silhouette though which is why they work, anything wide and bulky will look out of place imo

are you talking about the boot being bulky or the clothing?

this is the bulkiest I've ever done..........Carpe 7 holes

But as I man, I'd like to think my own silhouette is wide and bulky......
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• flashoflight
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        a picture says a thousand words, so here is three thousand words for you...............
        Thanks Zam! It's nice to have some visuals!

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        The reason I ask is because yesterday for the first time in a long time I put some shorts on because it was just so damn hot. I wanted to see how my Julius boots would look with them and they looked horribly bad . So it reinforced this thought in my head that they are too big for me.

I then put on slightly smaller and much much narrower boots on and they looked good. I can't decide if it was the small change in boot length that is making all the difference, or mostly just the profile of the boots.

I also have skinny legs. So I don't know. It may be the sum of all those things.

As Zam said, a picture is worth a thousand words! I'll take some pictures to go with my question soon haha.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
          This may seem like a weird question, but if you guys were to wear some of your boots with shorts (not cargo shots) on, do they ever seem comically large on your feet when compared to if you wear them with pants?

The kind of boots I'm referring to are sidezips/backzips like Carpes, Augustas, CCP etc. not lace ups.
          depends on the boot really. boots are shaped like the silhouette they are meant for so wearing shapes in their appropriate context helps. i wear julius backzips all summer but would like wear them with hakamas or pod shorts. i am very particular about shorts as well because maybe it's from growing up skateboarding but i hate seeing my shines like 90% of the time. but when i do wear shorts they are usually on the longer side and slim or tapered at the very least. if you look at all of zam's fits the reason they work is all of the bottom half of his silhouettes are kept congruently slim or tapered. my philosophy for footwear is if i cant wear them during the apocalypse or shortly thereafter then i dont want em.

Comment

• flashoflight
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
            depends on the boot really. boots are shaped like the silhouette they are meant for so wearing shapes in their appropriate context helps. i wear julius backzips all summer but would like wear them with hakamas or pod shorts. i am very particular about shorts as well because maybe it's from growing up skateboarding but i hate seeing my shines like 90% of the time. but when i do wear shorts they are usually on the longer side and slim or tapered at the very least. if you look at all of zam's fits the reason they work is all of the bottom half of his silhouettes are kept congruently slim or tapered. my philosophy for footwear is if i cant wear them during the apocalypse or shortly thereafter then i dont want em.
            It is extremely likely that I was wearing the boots out of context with the rest of what I had on. The shorts were pretty slim, but not very long. Hit around my knees. I didn't expect them to work, but I was curious to see what they looked like. What I was not expecting though, was them looking as large as they did on my feet haha. I'll get a picture up soon and maybe I can get some opinions based on that.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• VonApelSouce
              • Apr 2012

Oh my god, I am getting ridiculous nipple chafe from this Devoa shirt.

(image from eat_me, mine is the same model but a size up)

What is happening and how can I make it stop!? My nips are red, raw and unhappy and its only lunch time.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                • Jan 2013

Is there a difference between the old RO astaire and the new 'easy astaire' pants?

Comment

• Marlon
                  • Sep 2011

Little question about CCP :

Does the form GM/2472 unlined blazer (as seen in corawo fabric @ Darklands) has taped seams ?

Thanks

Comment

• blackfedora
                    • Jan 2012

Yes. More images of all the taping can be seen here. Same model, different fabric. Also see here.

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

In short- no matter what fabrics it used, it does not effects the details.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                        Is there a difference between the old RO astaire and the new 'easy astaire' pants?
                        As far as I am aware the "easy" Are the drkshdw version, more volume and less tapered than The mainline version.

Comment

• other_animals
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by VonApelSouce View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
                          (image from eat_me, mine is the same model but a size up)

What is happening and how can I make it stop!? My nips are red, raw and unhappy and its only lunch time.
                          http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nippies-...FZJefgodWCsAow

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

jeez.. how about a t-shirt??
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by VonApelSouce View Post

What is the material of the shirt? Try washing it, inside out @ 30 C etc.
                              If you have washed it and the problem persists I would say that you are allergic to the garment.
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

may as well make it decorative...

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎