X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikko
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
    Does anybody know which season/s(?) if any the drkshdw cargo pants had a lowered crotch?
    SS13 had the lowered ones too, I have a pair of black nylon/cotton blend.

Comment

• flashoflight
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
      It is extremely likely that I was wearing the boots out of context with the rest of what I had on. The shorts were pretty slim, but not very long. Hit around my knees. I didn't expect them to work, but I was curious to see what they looked like. What I was not expecting though, was them looking as large as they did on my feet haha. I'll get a picture up soon and maybe I can get some opinions based on that.

Thanks guys!
      Just picking up from where I left off. Here are the pictures!

Alt:

So just wondering if they look big on me? Perhaps I just need to be wearing chunkier cargo shorts or maybe generally longer shorts with boots like these?

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

looks good to me
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• flashoflight
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          looks good to me
          Maybe it was all in my head then. Thanks!

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I don't think they look big but like you said they do look out of context
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stagename View Post
              Just got this. Fabric is deerskin. Very stiff.

2 questions:

1: What the hell with sizing. It's a 52. Shoulders and chest are good but I can't bend my arm more than 45 degrees. Which makes it a hassle to put on, to zip, or to take off. Should I expect the leather to stretch enough for it to be wearable?

2: It's squeaky as f*. I move and it squeaks. Any thoughts?

Thanks. I'm slightly upset, as you might have come to realize.

likeaboy: the ones I tried were.
              550BC: I've worned L in BBS since 2010 (except for fw11 which was bigger). I'm a 48 (32). I'd say that L for a 46 would be too big. I don't know about anything released this year. I'd ask for the pants measurements so to be sure about this?
              1. i have a deerskin leather. it is very soft and supple. the stiffness is probably from its treatment, so it will probably soften up?

2. i have had success getting rid of squeaky leather tumble drying with no heat (or lowest heat if your dryer doesn't have a no heat setting). some people put like tennis balls or something in the dryer with it to knock it around some more

i haven't done it in a while, so i cannot remember if i turned it inside out first

Comment

• flashoflight
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Thanks! I'm glad they don't look too big on me.

And was it one of you guys that left this with Chris French? Made me want to run away with it

Comment

• Dorje
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  I agree. They are engineer (motorcycle) boots... not sure they go with the shorts too well.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Just picking up from where I left off. Here are the pictures!

So just wondering if they look big on me? Perhaps I just need to be wearing chunkier cargo shorts or maybe generally longer shorts with boots like these?
                    Maybe not with cargo shorts. I'm thinking they're tough to wear with shorts in general... but if so, either much longer, or a lot slimmer; imagine a high school kid who wears skinny cutoff jorts with Docs, that sort of look.

I think cargos + engineers will look like a construction/janitor sort of look (at least that's somewhat how the janitors/housekeeping tends to dress on my campus).

Comment

• apathy!
                      • Jan 2014

is there any way of getting the contact information of the winner of an ebay auction?

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                        is there any way of getting the contact information of the winner of an ebay auction?
                        as far as I know, no. Unless you contact the seller and ask him who the winner is
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

it's not easy obsessively stalking clothing on the internet. Thanks.

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Speaking of, how is their dry cleaning? Anyone on here use them?

I've been happy with basic tailoring jobs I've taken to them but never used their cleaning service. I've got a few coats that are precious to me that have never been cleaned that I should probably get cleaned before storage but don't know who to trust. I guess if someone trusted them with their Julius leather they must do pretty well!

Thanks! I'm glad they don't look too big on me.

And was it one of you guys that left this with Chris French? Made me want to run away with it
                            music

Comment

• flashoflight
                              • Sep 2013

I havent tried their dry cleaning service but I *think* its done onsite which is nice. I gave them my Julius blazer for a small fix which turned out fine. I always get super nervous giving my stuff away for dry cleaning/to a cobbler etc. I felt a little better when I saw that someone had trusted them with a Julius leather.

I did however use the organic dry cleaners on 18th between 7th and 8th because I read that they were good. Gave them a linen KKA coat that came back fine. Had an odd smell to it though but maybe thats how stuff smells after a dry clean haha.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                              Speaking of, how is their dry cleaning? Anyone on here use them?

I've been happy with basic tailoring jobs I've taken to them but never used their cleaning service. I've got a few coats that are precious to me that have never been cleaned that I should probably get cleaned before storage but don't know who to trust. I guess if someone trusted them with their Julius leather they must do pretty well!

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Anyone own Misomber Nuan wool/polyester blend shirts/sweaters? I'm interested in them, but I'm afraid of how the polyester feels. Most polyester I've felt has been somewhat unbreathable, is that the case for Misomber as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎