Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Anyone successfully have their pod shorts tailored to take in the butt? I dislike the diaper butt silhouette.

Comment

• whtnnk986
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
      Anyone successfully have their pod shorts tailored to take in the butt? I dislike the diaper butt silhouette.
      I don't think it is a good idea, as it will destroy the intended shape of the garment. If you dislike the diaper butt silhouette, you might as well give the pod shorts a pass.

Maybe the 'basket swinger" is a better option for you if you want to buy shorts from Rick.

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Posted a question a while back, only just got around to taking a picture of my issue with my CCP Fencing jacket.

The best way to describe the dilemma, is that my jacket is a size 52, which is fine because I'm quite muscular, with broad shoulders, the jacket fits nicely in the torso and arms. I'm assuming that my arms aren't long enough though, for a prototypical male size 52, which you'll see in the photo. My arms are relaxed at my sides and you can see that the sleeve hem ends past my knuckles.

In addition to the excess length, there seems to be excessive material and no taper from the elbow down, making the sleeve opening wider too, which makes the jacket cumbersome to wear, with an almost "wizards sleeve" effect.

If you follow this link, you can see a few comparison references of other people wearing their fencing jackets, with perfect sleeve lengths:

CCP Fencing reference images

Thoughts?
        Last edited by Law; 06-27-2014, 07:44 PM. Reason: Added additional info

Comment

• destroymebaby
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Law View Post
          My CCP Fencing jacket [has too long sleeves]. Thoughts?
          I actually like the long sleeves. Reminds me of his gloved leathers.
          The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Dorje
            • Oct 2013

Looks great Law, I think 1" or so shorter arms would be fine.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

my advice: wear it as is. keep the cuffs unbuttoned. it looks fine. don't wreck it with an alteration.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• maahno
                • Mar 2013

I just tuck the sleeves. Although I have long arms and height 195 but still long sleeves

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                  Is Faust blogging Pitti Uomo anywhere?
                  Wow I'm late to answer this. (I barely read this thread)
                  Yes, he kept a diary about it on A Shaded View on Fashion. Here are some I could find through google.
                  Originally posted by ambrosian View Post
                  I have no idea where else to post this - I'm hoping that a few of the people write for SZ or otherwise could give me some advice. I'm about to begin writing for a few magazines, on some local fashion shows and designers, but I'm quite nervous as I've never done something like this before.

Is there an "Own Writing" thread?
                  If you can't find anything in the search bar just make one.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Thanks for the input gentlemen, it's funny but the photo doesn't really do my complaint justice! It doesn't look too bad in the photo, but in person it feels quite irritating to wear, not just the sleeve length, which I could somewhat live with, but the diameter of the sleeve opening, which gives it a somewhat "wizards sleeve" effect.

I'm wondering if submerging only the lower portion of the sleeves in a bath of boiling water would yield any worth while results?

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

supposedly hot water will shrink leather but it may have bad effects.

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Law View Post
                        Thanks for the input gentlemen, it's funny but the photo doesn't really do my complaint justice! It doesn't look too bad in the photo, but in person it feels quite irritating to wear, not just the sleeve length, which I could somewhat live with, but the diameter of the sleeve opening, which gives it a somewhat "wizards sleeve" effect.

I'm wondering if submerging only the lower portion of the sleeves in a bath of boiling water would yield any worth while results?

I think you have got the best answer..no? I got what you meant about the sleeve.
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

yeah sorry to be less positive, but the sleeves are obviously maybe 10cm too long. I've owned jackets in the past where the sleeves were covering my hands and it's both very irritating as you say and aesthetically terrible (makes you look shorter and swallowed by your jacket). I'd either have it tailored (not easy given the fencing construction) or sell it. But imo the jacket is not wearable as it stands.
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• djt00
                            • Apr 2013

I agree with BSR. There's slightly long sleeves and too long sleeves. I don't mind if sleeves are a bit longer than I'd prefer, especially if sleeves stacks nicely. But if the length bothers you that much, just sell or alter, even though it's a beautiful leather jacket.

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

And just to add, I've owned 2 versions of the fencing in different leathers, and I also found that on both, rather than being nice and slim fitting on the forearm (like my high neck is), it flared out exactly as you say, somewhat ruining the profile.
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

Thanks for the further input. I actually tucked the sleeves in today, by about 1.5 inches or so, fortunately the leather is stiff enough (currently), so it solved half the problem. Now the sleeves end nicely at the wrists, but there is still the issue now of the "bulk" at the sleeve end, but to be fair it's not really that visible, since it's situated on the under part of the sleeve.

I'm trying to get in touch with CCP now though, to see if it's possible to send the jacket back to them for a slight alteration. We'll see at this point....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎