X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaneneu
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
    Fellow Australian members: Can someone recommend a good cobbler? My old guy is gone. I can't find anyone who doesn't deal exclusively in the 1/4 inch thick rubber heels and how to properly balance a boot.
    Are you in Sydney?

I've been to both Coombs in the Strand Arcade per Andrew MacDonald's suggestion for a pair of Guidi's, they did a pretty good job adding rubber half sole and heel with the balance left intact.

I also had another pair vibrammed at Shoe Repairs in the Town Hall arcade - the manager at Pieces Boutique said she had her Tornadoes done there and that is where they take customers for Guidi's et al. Again, decent job. Be sure to specify no polishing etc.

No experience with more serious jobs like re-soling or repairs though.

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

where to buy some decent high socks in black? merino or cashmere or whatever.

Comment

• astroglider
        • Apr 2014

BBS 11 hoodie

I have a BBS11 black hoodie that I bought and it has a BIG tag attached to the hoodie by a strong string and it looks like its not supposed to be cut. I am not sure if I am supposed to cut the tag off regardless or to keep it on, which looks weird. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by astroglider View Post
          I have a BBS11 black hoodie that I bought and it has a BIG tag attached to the hoodie by a strong string and it looks like its not supposed to be cut. I am not sure if I am supposed to cut the tag off regardless or to keep it on, which looks weird. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks.
          From my experience of BBS11 line (I have only socks though) you can cut a thread which connects this strong string to the item itself, check it.
          Of course do not keep it, it's hilarious.

Comment

• maahno
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
            where to buy some decent high socks in black? merino or cashmere or whatever.
            About socks
            Recently in Moscow the news broadcast
            "Belarusians attacked the residents of Moscow and stole his ten pairs of socks"

Comment

• j100000
              • May 2014

Random question

I know they are two completely different things but, is it stupid to sell a bbs leather jacket in order to buy a typical black ph jacket? I cant decide whether I should just keep it or still sell it.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                I know they are two completely different things but, is it stupid to sell a bbs leather jacket in order to buy a typical black ph jacket? I cant decide whether I should just keep it or still sell it.
                I think that's a personal decision, but I tend to keep things that I like. If I'm going to sell it, how special was it to begin with? Selling to buy seems like a deep rabbit hole of perpetual dissatisfaction, I'd prefer making do without until I can afford while appreciating what I have.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• j100000
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                  I think that's a personal decision, but I tend to keep things that I like. If I'm going to sell it, how special was it to begin with? Selling to buy seems like a deep rabbit hole of perpetual dissatisfaction, I'd prefer making do without until I can afford while appreciating what I have.
                  Thanks for your help! waiting til I can afford it sounds reasonable, although the mark up on ph is becoming higher, thats why I feel the need to get rid of it.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                    Thanks for your help! waiting til I can afford it sounds reasonable, although the mark up on ph is becoming higher, thats why I feel the need to get rid of it.
                    Or it will be rare, or the next season's iteration won't be as good, etc. What do you plan on doing when you realize that you now have a ph blazer but no bbs leather, especially if you took a hit on the leather sale? BBS leathers sure aren't cheap either, after all, and you don't know what you got till it's gone, as they say.

But I think some people enjoy the chase more than the garment, wanting more than having, so maybe that's actually the better option for them.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Ivans On High
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2008

Anyone on here from Manila? I'm in town for work and wouldn't mind some recs for food and drink.

Comment

• savant
                        • Jul 2011

^ My nomad friend has a blog on Manila

What do they eat in the Philippines? Check out my photo collection of the 29 classic Filipino dishes I devoured in Manila.

You should really try to visit Boracay Island too ! I will be end of the year

Comment

• arc
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                          Anyone on here from Manila? I'm in town for work and wouldn't mind some recs for food and drink.
                          balut

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by astroglider View Post

Thanks.

I have that hoodie but in grey and had the same thought at first. I just cut the thread bit by bit without doing anything to the back string.

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                              Be careful with the tap water, if i were you id even brush my teeth with bottled water. I thought it would be safe cos I'm Filipino myself but yeah long story short I had to go to the hospital, so take care!

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Law - all i'm saying is that even tho the fit is not perfect, i'd sell it before i'd alter it.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎