Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Is there a way to stop a leather bleeding? My geos leather bleeds on my white socks from the inside of shoes.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

Don't wear sock

Ps. Anyway it cant be prevent..
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• Marko
        • Jul 2009

Black socks.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
          Don't wear sock

Ps. Anyway it cant be prevent..
          Thanks, guess I have to wash it each time.

Originally posted by Marko View Post
          Black socks.
          Black designer socks are really hard to find.

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Originally posted by Caetano View Post
            Could anybody tell me if the prices on Rick Owens online store are the same as in the physical stores, specially Paris? Or how different are they, in average?

Thanks!!
            When I change the currency from euro to aud, I notice a difference in pricing, possibly because of the VAT, so my advice to you is play around with the currency. I doubt there would be much (if any) difference in price between the online store and the physical, if anything email? but i guess they would just quote prices on the site hey? hrmm

Comment

• flashoflight
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
              Shouldn't be that bad. I'd just seam rip around where the bottom stop is and take it off with pliers, then just slip the slider back through, sew a new makeshift stop (put a new metal stop on if I wasn't lazy), then sew it all back up.
              That's too complicated for me, but it sounds like it should be easy enough for a tailor. Thanks!

Comment

• Caetano
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                When I change the currency from euro to aud, I notice a difference in pricing, possibly because of the VAT, so my advice to you is play around with the currency. I doubt there would be much (if any) difference in price between the online store and the physical, if anything email? but i guess they would just quote prices on the site hey? hrmm
                The big issue is that I dont live in europe and im going to paris next week. I never visited his store and i really wouldnt ask about the prices in the store of each item i wanna have, I mean, through email. Moreover i cannot buy through the site cause the customs fees in Brazil (where I live) are nearly 100% of the product plus some other corruption taxes!hehe
                “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by newp View Post
                  Thanks, guess I have to wash it each time.
                  So you're telling me you don't wash your socks after wearing once?
                  Grailed link

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

^ this, and
                    Originally posted by newp View Post
                    Black designer socks are really hard to find.
                    What are considered designer socks, why do you need them, and why on earth couldn't you find black ones?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Wait, you guys don't have a drawer full of cashmere socks with overlock stitching at the toe?
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

yeah this little exchange is pretty odd to say the least...
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                          Is Rick jeans good? are they worth buying? see them on sale everywhere and i need a pair of good, nice looking jeans for everyday use.
                          yes. why back in my day there was nary a member on the SZ that didn't own at least one pair of drkshdw jeans

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                          rick denim is god awful in terms of durability. Buy solely if you for some reason find them significantly better looking than other brands
                          not necessarily true. i have a pair of waxed black drkshdw jeans that i've worn for i guess 4-5 years now? they look great. developed a nice patina and no quality issues at all.

i also had a pair that ripped the first time i wore them.

it depends on the wash/treatment and denim weight
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i have a few pairs of drkshdw jeans and i like them. my goto are julius because i dont really care for thigh darts coming undone or crotches blowing out because of whatever treatment rick does that significantly weakens the fabric and ups the cost. julius jeans are built to live through a nuclear war and then some. for the price i'd go with julius over drkshdw hands down but that also depends on the aesthetic you're going for. stick to the regular denim and avoid the poplin.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                              So you're telling me you don't wash your socks after wearing once?
                              You know you like this, unwashed
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• apathy!
                                • Jan 2014

Does anyone have info/pictures of a part cotton part leather drkshdw hoodie from several years ago. It's a fairly normal looking hoodie that had irregular leather patches on it. Probably 4+ years old.

I know this is a terrible description and that's not much to go off but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about. I remember seeing one on rakuten a couple of months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎