X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
    So you're telling me you don't wash your socks after wearing once?
    I don't if it's for 2 or 3 hours like I usually wear them: in such a case I just put them into water with a bit of washing powder. It's enough to remove the sweat from them (they don't have the dirt) but obviously isn't enough to remove leather stains which are left already in 2-3 hours unfortunately. Do you run a full circle wash for each pair of socks each day or gently rub them for an hour by hand each day? I envy your dedication.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    ^ this, and
    What are considered designer socks, why do you need them, and why on earth couldn't you find black ones?
    My only black socks are bbs11 which were everywhere as massmarket. I was able to find some Rick and Yohji first line socks only in white/black with all white sole. Besides these, BBS first line which I missed and Kenzo/CdG (which I don't like, too fancy) I was unable to find any socks made by a designer house, would you kindly show me some places?

Comment

• djt00
      • Apr 2013

I like black bamboo socks, very comfortable. Obviously my socks aren't designer house socks.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by newp View Post
        My only black socks are bbs11 which were everywhere as massmarket. I was able to find some Rick and Yohji first line socks only in white/black with all white sole. Besides these, BBS first line which I missed and Kenzo/CdG (which I don't like, too fancy) I was unable to find any socks made by a designer house, would you kindly show me some places?
        please cross post in the wtf thread

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nicelynice
          • Oct 2009

Is this a joke? I can't tell anymore. I always thought those socks were put out for the nerds/collectors, I didn't realize people actually wore them

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I can't tell either, I hope he is just trolling.

I mean, buy what you want, but its pretty fucked up if you are unable to settle for regular black socks because you can't find a designer version.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• djt00
              • Apr 2013

must have

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                You know you like this, unwashed
                Haha, good one ;)
                Grailed link

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

Which of the Rick drop crotch pants have the least dramatic drop crotch?

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                    Does anyone have info/pictures of a part cotton part leather drkshdw hoodie from several years ago. It's a fairly normal looking hoodie that had irregular leather patches on it. Probably 4+ years old.

I know this is a terrible description and that's not much to go off but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about. I remember seeing one on rakuten a couple of months ago.
                    is it that slab hoodie? looks like leather panels...

Comment

• apathy!
                      • Jan 2014

I'm sure it was drkshdw and it definitely wasn't that slab one.

thanks though!

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

please cross post in the wtf thread
                        (I don't want to quote the rest)
                        This meme usage was epic, simply epic. You've surely shown me.

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                        Is this a joke? I can't tell anymore. I always thought those socks were put out for the nerds/collectors, I didn't realize people actually wore them
                        Is this a joke? I can't tell anymore. I always thought those black drapey clothes and old handmade boots were put out for the autistic nerds/collectors, I didn't realize people actually wore them.

On a more serious note, I am trying to collect them AND wear them as well. This is another reason why I am sad of thrashing them right after 2-3 hours of wearing. Of course it's possible for me just to collect them without wearing but as of now I am trying to find a way to save them from being thrashed that fast.

I can't tell either, I hope he is just trolling.

I mean, buy what you want, but its pretty fucked up if you are unable to settle for regular black socks because you can't find a designer version.
                        Please note the only person trolling (or completely missing the point) here is unfortunately you.
                        Kindly let me explain it for you once again more properly if you're unable to understand it from the first time (this is just a statement of fact, not a personal attack since I really think it's misunderstanding):
                        I have plenty of regular socks. White, black, grey, fancy, not fancy, M&S, Calzedonia, Rick Owens, Hardy Amies, Corneliani, whatever. More than that due to climate most of the time I am sockless, wearing sandals. However, sometimes I'd like to wear socks in question, and they are white: I found it unusual interior leather of geos is dyed/made this way it bleeds almost as, well, guidi bags for example. This is why I've asked for an advice here.
                        Hope it clears your issue and case is settled.

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

Sorry i must have missed this, but what is ANN DEMEULEMEESTER GRISE?

Comment

• kanne
                            • Jun 2009

I was wondering the same thing when I saw it on Browns. Her website says 'classics for men', introduced 2013. Browns calls it 'a special tailoring capsule collection that expands on her signature line of attire.'

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

^ new (boring) tailoring range, introduced a season or two ago iirc.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
                                Is this a joke? I can't tell anymore. I always thought those black drapey clothes and old handmade boots were put out for the autistic nerds/collectors, I didn't realize people actually wore them.
                                Using "autistic" as a derogatory term is not okay.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎