Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Apparently there is a sizing inconsistency between Geobaskets and Ramones (thick split leather ones) sneakers. Same size different fit at the toes. Anybody has the same issues with Ramones fitting more narrow in the toe area?

I highly doubt it, but does anybody know a way to safely stretch the shoes to fit like a halve size bigger?
    Grailed link

Comment

• k3mist
      • Apr 2013

Ivans

I dont know if he worked for CCP but a industrial serger that allows a large thread size will replicate the same overlock seams. Might be hard to find one of these but possible

A regular industrial serger will do the exact same overlock seams but with a thinner thread.

so all in all, its really not that difficult =D
      CCPs pattern drafting is where the talent is, imo

Comment

• jskidder1
        • Jan 2011

that leopold guy used to post a lot on sufu back in the mid 00's (his username was advancedart or something like that). as i recall he was just a wealthy teenager who was really into dh at the time and was studying fashion. i think back in the day he was trying to reproduce some of hedi's designs, so my guess is that his tastes changed and he has just found another designer to knock off.

Comment

• BodyDouble
          • Jan 2014

Any of youse guys by chance know what sizing is like for SS14 Rick Swinger shorts?

Gonna grab a pair but it looks like they go up to XXXL. Haven't seen many people carry that size so it makes me think that if I normally get an XL I should maybe size up to XXL

Comment

• Lucky Strike
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
            Any of youse guys by chance know what sizing is like for SS14 Rick Swinger shorts?

Gonna grab a pair but it looks like they go up to XXXL. Haven't seen many people carry that size so it makes me think that if I normally get an XL I should maybe size up to XXL
            They come with elastic waistband right? Don't think you have to size up. Im usually L in most stuff and wore rick shorts in S before.

Comment

• BodyDouble
              • Jan 2014

Yeah but i'm getting the Swinger shorts which taper down a bit. I can wear L but i'd like a little more room.

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

need shorts recommendation. been on the hunt for a month now and i don't think i can take the shanghai humidity and heat in full length trousers anymore.

around knee length with a low/drop crotch.

would just try snag some rick pods but I'm looking for something slimmer.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                  that leopold guy used to post a lot on sufu back in the mid 00's (his username was advancedart or something like that). as i recall he was just a wealthy teenager who was really into dh at the time and was studying fashion. i think back in the day he was trying to reproduce some of hedi's designs, so my guess is that his tastes changed and he has just found another designer to knock off.
                  You're most probably right.

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                    need shorts recommendation. been on the hunt for a month now and i don't think i can take the shanghai humidity and heat in full length trousers anymore.

around knee length with a low/drop crotch.

would just try snag some rick pods but I'm looking for something slimmer.
                    id suggest julius honestly. if possible ss11 had my favorite shorts from julius. they fit with anything, i just got a pair of tailored shorts and i want to wear them every day.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by advancedart View Post
                      does it also apply to the process of sewing the untanned leather fabric first and tanning it afterwards instead of the other way around? Or is it just color dye?
                      yes, it is called object tanning. a process used on some pieces (for instance the 09 gloved jacket). see, faust, carol already had the idea!
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        yes, it is called object tanning. a process used on some pieces (for instance the 09 gloved jacket). see, faust, carol already had the idea!
                        As far as I know object dyeing isn't very Carol- unique. He was just one of the first to advertise the process, at least in regards to brands around here. And yes, advancedart is Leopold Bossert.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

my first go-to was julius actually, but couldn't find anything good in my size so far.

will keep looking..

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                          id suggest julius honestly. if possible ss11 had my favorite shorts from julius. they fit with anything, i just got a pair of tailored shorts and i want to wear them every day.

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

Try RO Pods or Swinger
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• BodyDouble
                              • Jan 2014

I liked the SS14 Julius shorts until I tried them on.. Kinda like a backwards pod. Really awkward and not fun to walk around in but YMMV.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

I'm starting to think/read about the consequences of (fast) fashion and now I'm questioning how much of my capsule wardrobe could be considered ethical. I would hope all of it, it's all made in Japan or Italy, but then I read that Italy has funny wage requirements, not to mention how many places just finalize in Italy and slap on the Italy label.

So I was wondering, can anyone tell me if the following labels are ethical in their production? If they are, I'd like to continue to support them when my pieces need replacement:

Rick Owens (the MII stuff)
                                Julius
                                Undercover
                                Diet Butcher Slim Skin

And just others I've just wondered about:
                                The Viridi-Anne
                                Raf
                                Yohji
                                Ann D
                                Helmut Lang (OG and current)

Any insight would be appreciated here.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube