Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zen dog
    • Jan 2014

DudleyGray, unfortunately I don't have any help for your post, but I applaud your inquiry and look forward to responses.

I do have questions regarding the direction of your word "ethical."
    Do you mean responsibly sourced? Fairly paid workers (a relative phrase)? Humanely treated animals? I do like horse-haven't resolved that yet. I have a pair of Guidis with kangaroo leather I didn't think twice about until I read about how some kangaroo leather was acquired. I don't mind leather, including american alligator. Snake is fine if it responsibly taken- hard to find out. Cosmetics seem a bit easier if you look for "not tested on animals" or the rabbit symbol.

All of this is of interest to me and I know we have a sharp community out there.

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
      Has anyone experienced the fit of the CCP dead end drop crotch pants? Are they bulky in the back or cut in a way that avoids the diaper look?
      The fabric of mine are ZEILE, basically a light cotton/linen translucent grill weave, the light passes through very easily (makes it look like there are off-coloured streaks at the bottom of the drop and the side). It drapes well and therefore gives less of a diaper look IMO than what might occur if you were to have the same pair in something very rigid like WOCELL. Anyways, here a quick fit pic of the back, I normally wear them with the cuff rolled up and with derbies for the cropped pant effect. Hopefully that gives you some idea of the fit.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
        DudleyGray, unfortunately I don't have any help for your post, but I applaud your inquiry and look forward to responses.

I do have questions regarding the direction of your word "ethical."
        Do you mean responsibly sourced? Fairly paid workers (a relative phrase)? Humanely treated animals? I do like horse-haven't resolved that yet. I have a pair of Guidis with kangaroo leather I didn't think twice about until I read about how some kangaroo leather was acquired. I don't mind leather, including american alligator. Snake is fine if it responsibly taken- hard to find out. Cosmetics seem a bit easier if you look for "not tested on animals" or the rabbit symbol.

All of this is of interest to me and I know we have a sharp community out there.
        Yeah, I figure with as many industry people here, someone might be able to provide some answers.

By ethical, I really mean any or all of that. But mostly sourcing of material and living wages/working conditions. I don't actually have any leather/wool in my rotation except my shoes and a coat I don't wear, and I don't really plan on buying more any time soon. It would be nice to know the animal sources, I suppose. But if I found out I paid all this money to a label that didn't pay their workers living wages, I'd be pretty upset.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Scander
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Law View Post
          Which of the Rick drop crotch pants have the least dramatic drop crotch?
          Maybe the cargo.

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
            The fabric of mine are ZEILE, basically a light cotton/linen translucent grill weave, the light passes through very easily (makes it look like there are off-coloured streaks at the bottom of the drop and the side). It drapes well and therefore gives less of a diaper look IMO than what might occur if you were to have the same pair in something very rigid like WOCELL. Anyways, here a quick fit pic of the back, I normally wear them with the cuff rolled up and with derbies for the cropped pant effect. Hopefully that gives you some idea of the fit.

really like how it fits , just out of curiosity, what size are they and how tall are you? (just so I have a rough idea if thats how they would fit on me)

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Scander View Post
              Maybe the cargo.
              I don't think that iteration of cargoes actually has a lowered crotch.

Comment

• Scander
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                I don't think that iteration of cargoes actually has a lowered crotch.
                It comes without the "triangle insert" construction but It has a lowered crotch than a classic pant.

Comment

• apathy!
                  • Jan 2014

I see. I stand corrected.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Anyone ever dry a Silent (cotton) tee on hot with spin? Probably a bad idea, but I am interested in how they react (besides reduced longevity).

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                      really like how it fits , just out of curiosity, what size are they and how tall are you? (just so I have a rough idea if thats how they would fit on me)
                      They are a size 50, fit 48. I'm 6'2"/188cm and 150lbs/68kg. It's kinda of an overall haphazard fit pic though, I didn't put any effort into really matching stuff...
                      Last edited by blackfedora; 07-28-2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

Can someone give me some info on the 16% acetate in this ss13 shirt?

Also, does anyone know how it sizes? Just a little small?

cheers

Comment

• j100000
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                          They are a size 50, fit 48. I'm 6'2"/188cm and 150lbs/68kg. It's kinda of an overall haphazard fit pic though, I didn't put any effort into really matching stuff...
                          looks great either way, Im only 5'10 size 46ish, 30 pants no pants will look like that on me with out tailoring them

Comment

• supercilious
                            • Apr 2014

Need a scarf

Need a new scarf, sadly lost an old Sruli Recht one, so I'm in the market for another. I want something really big and cashmere-y (if that makes sense) that's really warm and soft and pilly (i.e. not silk or viscose or anything) Not trying to spend a killing, any suggestions?

Comment

• jordache
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                              Can someone give me some info on the 16% acetate in this ss13 shirt?

Also, does anyone know how it sizes? Just a little small?

cheers
                              Isn't rayon and acetate pretty similar?

Sizing runs small on those rick shirts. I wear a 50 in RO normally, sized up to 52 on those shirts to fit my shoulders and chest. 50 did not work if I tried to button.

Comment

• nicelynice
                                • Oct 2009

Anyone know anything about Bergfabel? Apparently the designer is Reinhard Plank's brother. Is this related to Paul Harnden at all or just a complete rip-off? I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for just mining the same influences, but even the tags seemed similar. Quality seemed very nice, however, especially given that retail is about half of PH.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎