Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

the more recent ones are thin and light, better for spring/summer wear even if they are from a FW collection. I like it but that may be because I'm living in an area where it is usually either too hot or too cold for heavier leathers so something lighter is more practical.

Comment

• other_animals
      • Mar 2012

mess, i've been swapping some of my insoles with too much of a defined arch support with these. http://www.target.com/p/fab-feet-ful...&term=fab+feet
      they're super thin, and have no actual support in them, just cushioning.

Comment

• stagename
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
        the more recent ones are thin and light, better for spring/summer wear even if they are from a FW collection. I like it but that may be because I'm living in an area where it is usually either too hot or too cold for heavier leathers so something lighter is more practical.
        Could use a second opinion, but the ones I've handled are paper thin.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by stagename View Post
          Could use a second opinion, but the ones I've handled are paper thin.
          This is correct, works as an alternative to a light fabric jacket.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

alright, great news then. Just got the worker jacket above. Perfect for Switzerland weather. The one I have is to thick and in the end it's always too warm or too light for the weather here

Thank you dji and stagename
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Anybody got the Rick silk t-shirt from ln-cc? I'm on the fence mostly bc of the price and the hassle of washing a 100% silk tee. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                Anybody got the Rick silk t-shirt from ln-cc? I'm on the fence mostly bc of the price and the hassle of washing a 100% silk tee. Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanks!
                i have one from gleam in the long cut and i think i've honestly worn it once. the silk makes me feel like i am wearing under armour or some sort of workout clothes. from what i know the silk tees are cut a bit slim, do not have much give, and are shorter than others. hope any of that helps!

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                  i have one from gleam in the long cut and i think i've honestly worn it once. the silk makes me feel like i am wearing under armour or some sort of workout clothes. from what i know the silk tees are cut a bit slim, do not have much give, and are shorter than others. hope any of that helps!
                  That's awesome thank you so much. I'll go for the regular viscose+silk one then. Cheeers!

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                    • Jan 2007

Who offers decent (price/quality) invisible mending (moth damage to wool) in New York?
                    the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats View Post
                      Who offers decent (price/quality) invisible mending (moth damage to wool) in New York?
                      Try French American Re-Weaving Company.
                      "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Whatever happened to Adeline Basely/Stat-ment?

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

How do you guys deal with cracked/peeling dipping material on CCP sneakers?

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

stop wearing
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• _AR
                              • Oct 2013

Leopold Bossert

Anyone know of any locations in NYC that carry Leopold Bossert?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                                I'm starting to think/read about the consequences of (fast) fashion and now I'm questioning how much of my capsule wardrobe could be considered ethical. I would hope all of it, it's all made in Japan or Italy, but then I read that Italy has funny wage requirements, not to mention how many places just finalize in Italy and slap on the Italy label.

So I was wondering, can anyone tell me if the following labels are ethical in their production? If they are, I'd like to continue to support them when my pieces need replacement:

Rick Owens (the MII stuff)
                                Julius
                                Undercover
                                Diet Butcher Slim Skin

And just others I've just wondered about:
                                The Viridi-Anne
                                Raf
                                Yohji
                                Ann D
                                Helmut Lang (OG and current)

Any insight would be appreciated here.
                                I think this would be better suited for the Sustainable Fashion thread. However, I can provide some insight.

"Ethical" brings with it many different aspects. For instance, Rick has collaborated with the fur industry to provide ads. Does this in turn make Rick unethical by supporting those who are?

This mostly comes to a classic line of thought; should I support the ethical attempts by larger companies to show them that that's what I want as a consumer? Or should I avoid them altogether and deny them money as it will be used by a company/ parent company that is unethical as a whole?

A larger idea to consider is how ethical the companies that supply them are. Which is why I believe transparency is extremely important.

A production facility can, and often will, subcontract other production facilities to make the orders for these companies without their knowledge. For instance, one that specializes in knitwear might be trying to grow their clientele by diversifying, but needs another facility to sew that which they have yet to gain the capabilities to.
                                Those facilities can in turn also subcontract.

On to your main question though.
                                To my knowledge, Helmut produces in many different countries, and is owned by Fast Retailing/ Uniqlo which definitely uses sweatshops.

Japan has a very high minimum wage compared to the states, so one might assume that Japanese production is, for the most part, theoretically ethical in worker treatment/ living wages. I am, unfortunately, unfamiliar with Japan's environmental stance.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎