X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'll definitely avoid HL then.

I also found this thread: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=18392

I think I have a best bet of sticking with Japanese fashion, given what you and shucks have posted. Animals are a concern for me but not as much as people. I absolutely cannot justify paying out the nose for clothing by labels that use sweatshops. I'm trying to avoid wearing any animal products, in any case, excepting my dunks and geos.

If anyone has any recommendations for a black canvas belt, I'd love to hear it. I might just go military surplus for that.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Dorje
      • Oct 2013

Since I am a manufacturer that does direct sales I like to support other folks who do direct sales too. There is no middle man so all the money goes to the manufacturer allowing them to offer better pricing. If the design and quality is there, why not? A couple examples are Zam Barrett and James Kearns... also forgot to mention Collateral Concpets, and many others I'm sure. Zam has all his clothes produced locally and James is a one man shop afaik.

I have considered putting together a website to identify direct-sales companies... something like etsy but for a wider range of products and the site would not have ecommerce right there, just links to the manufacturer's website.
      Last edited by Dorje; 08-03-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        How do you guys deal with cracked/peeling dipping material on CCP sneakers?
        Ive had two pairs and they both had/ have cracking issues and i wear them anyways.................i would worry about that as it is not usually a major issue

the bigger damn problem and I would like to know how others deal with this is that the laces break eventually...............has anyone ever gotten replacement laces and how?
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by _AR View Post
          Anyone know of any locations in NYC that carry Leopold Bossert?
          I dont think anyone in NY or in the US for that matter,
          last season was his first market week and he sold to not many stores

i this this season he was in Paris with a showroom and i dont know what stores bought, whoever did would not get the goods until next Spring..................
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
            Since I am a manufacturer that does direct sales I like to support other folks who do direct sales too. There is no middle man so all the money goes to the manufacturer allowing them to offer better pricing. If the design and quality is there, why not? A couple examples are Zam Barrett and James Kearns. Zam has all his clothes produced locally and James is a one man shop afaik.

I have considered putting together a website to identify direct-sales companies... something like etsy but for a wider range of products and the site would not have ecommerce right there, just links to the manufacturer's website.
            I never really considered Zam until now, embarrassingly enough. I've seen plenty of his clothes and thought "hey that looks great" but never gave it much thought for my own wardrobe. But I just read through the about page and it's so perfect, along with how much of a presence he had on here personally. I looked through the clothes again, and I fully plan on supporting him going forward, whenever I need replacement items. I'm talking about him third person like he didn't just post before me on something else, haha.

I would use such a website. What is it that you manufacture, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

• kukuku
              • Oct 2009

Can anyone say how is the quality of 10 sei 0 otto boots? I just got a pair that was posted in good finds because I like the style. I'm hoping they are same quality as moma which are pretty decent I think.

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Is there any trustworthy member doing US proxy? nike i.d. is way better overseas
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• _AR
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  I dont think anyone in NY or in the US for that matter,
                  last season was his first market week and he sold to not many stores

i this this season he was in Paris with a showroom and i dont know what stores bought, whoever did would not get the goods until next Spring..................
                  Thanks. That's what I figured.

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                    Try French American Re-Weaving Company.
                    Thanks.
                    the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• j100000
                      • May 2014

Lifestyle vs aesthetic; does everyone match their lifestyle with the clothes they wear??

Comment

• deltapie
                        • Feb 2014

lol. "do you do a lot of goth stuff?"
                        "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• apathy!
                          • Jan 2014

I think about sad stuff lots

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                            Lifestyle vs aesthetic; does everyone match their lifestyle with the clothes they wear??
                            yea man, at least if you consider wearing Rick Owens and building sand castles coherent.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              yea man, at least if you consider wearing Rick Owens and building sand castles coherent.
                              Haha, so that's a no then? I think what I was aiming to ask you guys if some people consider some of our purchases stupid cos of the amount of our income, like do we have to own nice cars and big TVs to make our purchases justified?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                                lol. "do you do a lot of goth stuff?"
                                Haha, so that's a no then? I think what I was aiming to ask you guys if some people consider some of our purchases stupid cos of the amount of our income, like do we have to own nice cars and big TVs to make our purchases justified?
                                I would think the aesthetic around here indicates towards eschewing common symbols of status and consumerism, but I could be wrong. I see a lot of mystery and romance in the aesthetic, and the lifestyle to match would be an impenetrable, inconclusive one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎