X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baddarn
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
    Additionally to what I asked before does it matter? Are we allowed to wear whatever we want regardless of lifestyle?
    Yes, of course should we wear whatever we want regardless of lifestyle!

Though, when talking about certain occasions or contexts I think you can dress inconsiderate.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Additionally to what I asked before does it matter? Are we allowed to wear whatever we want regardless of lifestyle?
      Does it bother you if people draw mistaken conclusions about you based on your outfit?
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• j100000
        • May 2014

Originally posted by Baddarn View Post
        Yes, of course should we wear whatever we want regardless of lifestyle!

Though, when talking about certain occasions or contexts I think you can dress inconsiderate.
        Thanks!

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        Does it bother you if people draw mistaken conclusions about you based on your outfit?
        I think what bothers me is when I see someone who is pretty much living off the government, and seeing them have LV and Gucci and shit, so really I was asking myself how am I any different from those people? I know that what we wear is totally different but I couldn't really give myself an answer. (no Im not living off the doll) What I believe now is, wear whatever I want, as long as its still me? Idk how to explain it

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

I think what bothers me is when I see someone who is pretty much living off the government, and seeing them have LV and Gucci and shit, so really I was asking myself how am I any different from those people? I know that what we wear is totally different but I couldn't really give myself an answer. (no Im not living off the doll) What I believe now is, wear whatever I want, as long as its still me? Idk how to explain it
          Oh, you mean like hood rich. LV and Gucci is just really blatantly luxury/wealth/status symbols in ways that SZ is not, but there's definitely some gray area, so it's hard to say. I guess if you're buying designer clothes to make people think you're wealthy, yeah it could be just as bad. I think it really depends on why you like/want to wear the clothing, which for me personally has changed over time, so not even that is really well defined.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Oh, you mean like hood rich. LV and Gucci is just really blatantly luxury/wealth/status symbols in ways that SZ is not, but there's definitely some gray area, so it's hard to say. I guess if you're buying designer clothes to make people think you're wealthy, yeah it could be just as bad. I think it really depends on why you like/want to wear the clothing, which for me personally has changed over time, so not even that is really well defined.
            Yeah luckily I'm not the person to do that haha. For me I only buy things that I genuinely like, not to impress others nor to get some compliments once in awhile or for social status really. It's really all for myself and what how I view myself as selfish as that sounds

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

No answer so far. Please, anyone with a commendable US proxy? Need one ASAP! THX
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Wait, so what is the perceived SZ lifestyle? I don't mean professionally either, like I imagine SuFu is probably college or young yuppie into ramen and chasing girls, StyleForum being a bunch of dapper dads hell bent on looking reasonable to an unreasonable degree, begging their wives to let them buy those EGs, but what about SZ? Is there a stereotype lifestyle here? I personally do mundane things with recovering addicts in my non-work time, sometimes I try and help people in need or volunteer, but that can't be it. What about you guys?
                Uniform for "alternative" professionals. Often called "creatives" but that's a major misnomer in most cases.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post
                  I've read most of the GBS thread now. I originally didn't pay much attention to him or the brand because thought the oven ash on the runway pics was something permanent. I definitely prefer GBS designs over Harnden, my question is he priced on average lower, equally, or higher than Harnden?
                  all 3. range of his fabrics and also level of detail 'customizations' (differs from retailer to retailer) is very wide.

but i would say the majority are at least equal or higher. thats where they really blow you away.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    Uniform for "alternative" professionals. Often called "creatives" but that's a major misnomer in most cases.
                    hahaha zing
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• LelandJ
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                      all 3. range of his fabrics and also level of detail 'customizations' (differs from retailer to retailer) is very wide.

but i would say the majority are at least equal or higher. thats where they really blow you away.
                      Nice, look forward to starting off with one of his jackets or matching jacket/pants in the future. Need to get enough basic yoox crud to put in rotation before splurging on GBS.

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Those who own leather/partly leather rings, do you remove them each time you wash your hands?
                        If you don't, will the leather be smelly/bad later?

Comment

• nonomomo
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          Those who own leather/partly leather rings, do you remove them each time you wash your hands?
                          If you don't, will the leather be smelly/bad later?
                          I suggest you take them out before you wash your hand. I do not think it will turn smelly or mouldy unless after washing your hands you immediately keep it in some dark place and not use it for a while. However what i experienced was that after time it changes the shape and hence the size and since its a ring I do not advise it.
                          And even if the leather parts are not responsible for the size, the quality of the leather do worsen over time as well.

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by nonomomo View Post
                            I suggest you take them out before you wash your hand. I do not think it will turn smelly or mouldy unless after washing your hands you immediately keep it in some dark place and not use it for a while. However what i experienced was that after time it changes the shape and hence the size and since its a ring I do not advise it.
                            And even if the leather parts are not responsible for the size, the quality of the leather do worsen over time as well.
                            Aha, thank you. It's just rather diffucult to remove each time.. I guess since leather is covered by silver in my case, size won't be an issue.

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

Not sure if this has been discussed here, I'm guessing it has but has anyone ever been put off this aesthetic because of seeing people they don't like wearing similar clothing? I'm being put off by a few people recently, what has everyone else done to prevent themselves from being put off?

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍