X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenix
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
    what has everyone else done to prevent themselves from being put off?
    I tend to walk with my head down....
    Originally posted by hausofblaq
    Grow up.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I wonder what the correlations are between various labels and "asshole."
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

hoodrich is tight, it's all the things they couldnt afford growing up that they admire. it couldve been rick but its louis instead. it's not my aesthetic but if it makes them feel good then why not. i wear rick because he makes me feel at home in what i wear rather than what i wear being such a disconnect from how i feel. if they want to look like flashy monogrammed billboards then let em, it's what makes them feel good and what, hopefully, makes them feel at home in their clothing. give me 1000 louis belts over an old navy and some khakis any day. we're all gonna wind up in the same place in 100 years so enjoy yourself.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

I agree but for the record, by hood rich I meant backwards priorities, like buying and showing off expensive things on credit while struggling to pay rent. Louis wallet but no cash, Cadillac but no gas.

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes

(And who cares what anyone else wears? It's like someone else listening to the same music or buying the same juicer machine, just a product you both have, or don't have.)
            I'll try my best to look at the situation like this.

I won't get into it and name names but there is a group of people who pretty much came out of nowhere and in my opinion don't even look good as a whole but that's just what I think

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
              I tend to walk with my head down....

I laughed.

semi-related to the topic: Perhaps it's a little childish but there is something to be said for not wanting people you don't like to like the things that you like (killer sentence). That is, we give a little bit of ourselves to the music/art that we truly love and if we discover that someone whose values we despise also enjoys that thing, we feel like something is wrong.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

I'm reminded of Michael Bolton in Office Space:

"Why should I change my name? He's the one that sucks."

Comment

• j100000
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by apathy! View Post

I laughed.

semi-related to the topic: Perhaps it's a little childish but there is something to be said for not wanting people you don't like to like the things that you like (killer sentence). That is, we give a little bit of ourselves to the music/art that we truly love and if we discover that someone whose values we despise also enjoys that thing, we feel like something is wrong.

Yeah I did too LOL

I agree with you also, I just need to grow up a little more

Comment

• braver
                    • Sep 2013

Anyone tried to stretch something like these BBS parachute polyester sandals?

The widest strap is too narrow for my fat foot, want to stretch it somehow.
                    The length of the sandal is ok.
                    The straps I need to stretch are rubber with stitched polyester inside.
                    They look quite unstretchy, but maybe there is a chance to keep it, dont sell.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• nil-
                      • Jul 2014

I'm totally new to this and I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask. I was wondering what the deal with pant sizing is. For example, I've searched a ton on this forum and everyone agrees sz 1 is roughly a 28 waist, sz 2 a 30, etc. However, in my experience I've only seen sz 1 pants with waist measurements of 39-42cm (Julius in particular).

If I'm a true 28-29 inch waist, should I still be purchasing these items? (Or does Julius not size this small?)

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by nil- View Post
                        If I'm a true 28-29 inch waist, should I still be purchasing these items? (Or does Julius not size this small?)
                        Most Julius bottoms have rather wide waist and tight tight calves area, I've heard some of its pieces produced in size 0 for japanese market but I believe it concerns tops only.

Comment

• messenoire
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by nil- View Post
                          I'm totally new to this and I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask. I was wondering what the deal with pant sizing is. For example, I've searched a ton on this forum and everyone agrees sz 1 is roughly a 28 waist, sz 2 a 30, etc. However, in my experience I've only seen sz 1 pants with waist measurements of 39-42cm (Julius in particular).

you should be getting a julius sz 1. they vary SLIGHTLY from season to season, goth_ik fit particularly smaller than most seasons. i am a 29 in rick jeans and i can be confident that a sz 1 will fit.

Comment

• nil-
                            • Jul 2014

Thanks for the info. I was deliberating on some Julius denim which has a 41cm measured waist (~16.14 in). I guess I'll purchase them then.

Comment

• stagename
                              • Oct 2011

Do all Rick leathers have a "message" with the name of the collection in all caps (VICIOUS [line return] YOU HIT ME ...) underneat the Rick Owens signature inside the jacket for SS14? I have two that do but the one I just received doesn't (a worker jacket).

Comment

• whtnnk986
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                                Do all Rick leathers have a "message" with the name of the collection in all caps (VICIOUS [line return] YOU HIT ME ...) underneat the Rick Owens signature inside the jacket for SS14? I have two that do but the one I just received doesn't (a worker jacket).
                                Not in all of them.

I have a few jackets from Vicious, in my collection, only the murray cotton version of the crew neck biker has the "message" inside the jacket. The Bauhaus (Blistered lamb) and Intarsia (Lambskin) from SS14 has no 'message' inside.

I also recall seeing the "message" in the blazers.
                                Last edited by whtnnk986; 08-13-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎