X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merc
    • Dec 2013

Insole Rick Owens

Noticed the insoles of my Rick Owens (Geobaskets and Island Dunks) are glued and was wondering if removing them will ruin the shoes? If they're just some insoles that are simply glued, but not stitched or anything, my guess is they can be removed.

I'm interested in this because I need to start wearing orthopedic insoles ().

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
      • Dec 2012

thanks a lot for you feedback guys!
      I still have to wear the A1923 sneakers a bit more to see if this slippery soles thing is really an issue... I was wondering if a light carving in the rubber might help to obtain more grip to the ground...

Dropt
      I have two pairs of BBS bambas, both from FW12 I think, and they do hold up pretty decently me thinks. One pair was having the outer sole wear off pretty rapidly so I had it replaced with a new (and apparently sturdier) rubber sole. The other pair holds up really nicely, obviously with a good rotation in terms of use. Both sneakers have held up to pretty rough use (ie. crowded bars, super crowded public transportation in Mexico city, rainy days etc.)
      Also I think it will depend on what type of leather they're made of. I have one pair in horse leather which is sturdier and more resistant, the other one is in soft cow leather, a bit more fragile.

Just be careful concerning sizing, the fit is really small, and the sizing is in standard european (France and Spain use this sizing), not italian sizing, which is one size bigger.
      I'm 42 in italian sizing (in RO sneakers for example), which is a standard 43 in french sizing, which needs a 44 in BBS sneakers.
      (I bought the pair I have in cow leather in sz 43 and it was almost impossible to use; I had to have it stretched by a cobbler and I gained almost one size so they are wearable, but the leather was a bit torn in one shoe.)

hope this helps!

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
        I was wondering if a light carving in the rubber might help to obtain more grip to the ground...
        I don't know how you'd achieve that and why go through the trouble when you can have a cobbler add a thin rubber sole (grooved if you want) for $25 or whatever.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          I don't know how you'd achieve that and why go through the trouble when you can have a cobbler add a thin rubber sole (grooved if you want) for $25 or whatever.
          You are probably right Lowrey .... it's just that since the soles are still almost new, I don't know if I'm losing "quality" if I ad another sole upon them.... Do 1923 outer soles wear off easily? or do they hold up fine?

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Just be careful concerning sizing, the fit is really small, and the sizing is in standard european (France and Spain use this sizing), not italian sizing, which is one size bigger.
            I'm 42 in italian sizing (in RO sneakers for example), which is a standard 43 in french sizing, which needs a 44 in BBS sneakers.
            Whoah, careful there hoss. This sizing guide is applicable to older models. We got in from Structurism AW14 two different BAMBA2s and two different BAMBA3s yesterday and all fit tts now.
            Last edited by mikko; 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mikko View Post
              Whoah, careful there hoss. This sizing guide is applicable to older models. We got in from Structurism AW14 two different BAMBA2s and two different BAMBA3s yesterday and all fit tts now.
              Oh, I didn't know! my experience is limited to a pair of Bambas 2 and bambas 3 from FW12... didn't know... thanks for the clarification though!
              good to know

is it italian sizing or "european" sizing? => tricky question as this distinction is unclear for most, but I have found it to be true sometimes... especially since BBS footwear is made in Spain...

Comment

• mikko
                • Apr 2013

Oh, I didn't know! my experience is limited to a pair of Bambas 2 and bambas 3 from FW12... didn't know... thanks for the clarification though!
                good to know

is it italian sizing or "european" sizing? => tricky question as this distinction is unclear for most, but I have found it to be true sometimes... especially since BBS footwear is made in Spain...
                Only distinction I know of within Europe is the UK sizing and the rest of Europe. How would an Italian and say, German, size differ?

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

What would you recommend as the softest sweater. If I recall correctly, Shucks said smth about vicuña. I have no idea who makes sweater out of vicuña, nor if it's really the softest material.
                  Any recommendation, website, brand is welcomed. Thanks.
                  Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

not sure it's a brand you would go for, but u could check out loro piana. they like own their own vicuña FARM.

try to make sure, if u can, that any vicuña u buy comes from legal sources. some of the wool sold comes from poaching...

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mikko View Post
                      Only distinction I know of within Europe is the UK sizing and the rest of Europe. How would an Italian and say, German, size differ?
                      yeah I know it's weird, I have never understood how come this issue is not really a "thing" that is known... I've lived more than 10 years in France and have always worn sz 43 in "normal" brands (ie. non designer) and I suddenly discovered when trying RO footwear for the frist time that there was an "italian sizing" that is one size bigger than the standard "french size" (so I'm a 42 in RO and other designer brands I guess). I've also bought many pairs of spanish shoes (also non designer brands) and I'm also sz 43 in those brands.
                      you can find plenty of convertion tables on the internet from french sizing to italian sizing... such as this one: http://www.guidedestailles.com/pointure-italienne.html
                      (obviously in french).
                      which leads me to believe there is a standard "european" size that is different from the italian size....

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                        What would you recommend as the softest sweater. If I recall correctly, Shucks said smth about vicuña. I have no idea who makes sweater out of vicuña, nor if it's really the softest material.

In my experience, Baby Alpaca is one of the softest wools there is... don't know if you've ever tried it

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

You are probably right Lowrey .... it's just that since the soles are still almost new, I don't know if I'm losing "quality" if I ad another sole upon them.... Do 1923 outer soles wear off easily? or do they hold up fine?
                          You are not "losing quality" by attaching a rubber sole. It's a pretty simple cement/glue job. Many people do it to leather soled shoes in order to add traction. You'll notice many people sell their Guidis that are "Vibram'd day one" because it adds traction and longevity.

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                          Vicuna is a very luxe fabric; incidentally is also probably the most expensive fabric as well. Legal vicuna is very rare... you might actually have a better chance looking through thrift stores to find a hidden vicuna gem . Really though, styleforum may be your best option... a bit of a strange recommendation here, surely, but those who make vicuna are certainly more "traditional" in their designs.

Comment

• DJ ANDREW LONDON
                            • Mar 2013

thanks

thanks you
                            got full code
                            RU14S1768/LGI

Originally posted by josecc View Post
                            Lamb leather (I think it is the thin one)
                            You can fool the fans but not the
                            players.

Comment

• mikko
                              • Apr 2013

yeah I know it's weird, I have never understood how come this issue is not really a "thing" that is known... I've lived more than 10 years in France and have always worn sz 43 in "normal" brands (ie. non designer) and I suddenly discovered when trying RO footwear for the frist time that there was an "italian sizing" that is one size bigger than the standard "french size" (so I'm a 42 in RO and other designer brands I guess). I've also bought many pairs of spanish shoes (also non designer brands) and I'm also sz 43 in those brands.
                              you can find plenty of convertion tables on the internet from french sizing to italian sizing... such as this one: http://www.guidedestailles.com/pointure-italienne.html
                              (obviously in french).
                              which leads me to believe there is a standard "european" size that is different from the italian size....
                              You live and you learn! Makes sense though, I need 43's in Rick whilst usually a 44.

Comment

• PascalKreutz
                                • Sep 2013

Black Whole Köln

Kennt jemand den Shop?? Kann mir jemand die Adresse geben?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎