X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
    Anyone have experience altering Rick slim dress pants? I got some amazing light wool ones from IF and they ran REALLY slim in the leg so I sized up. Now they are perfect in the legs but a tad big in the waist.

Bringing in the waist a tad is a simple thing but I noticed there is no seam whatsoever along the waist band! Of course there is a seam down the seat but it does not continue up the waist band. Im guessing a tailor is going to have to add a seam then to bring it in... but now I think it's kind of cool there is no seam so maybe I should just leave it alone and wear a belt (they aren't THAT big). Anyone else notice/run into this?
    whoa i literally yesterday got the same pants (xtreme's, right?) and have the same problem, only i need to take the waist OUT... NO IDEA if my tailor can do this, since there doesn't seem to be any extra fabric for this in the back seam as one would expected in a pair of formal pants...

Comment

• morsto
      • Nov 2008

were you guys the bastards who bought them on ln-cc before I could press add to cart? I'll hunt you down!
      That said, I have tried once getting dress pants made bigger in waist and it could only be done via a bastardizing method of adding more external fabric etc.
      I do not recognise the vessel,
      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• apathy!
        • Jan 2014

Silly question about Rick pod shorts:

Is it true that to achieve the boxy look that Rick has here I just need to size up? Or is it a matter of seasonal variations in the cut?

desired:

undesired:

thanks

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

generally speaking, you can size down for a slim fit, so going true to size or one bigger will result in a baggier fit. The fit also depends how high you wear them on the hips/waist and how the fabric falls. More rigid materials will billow out where as light jersey will drape a bit (not a good look if sized up imo)
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

^ exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks. Is the sizing fairly consistent with other rick/drkshdw bottoms?

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Yes IMO, the most important thing is getting the material right, i think the ones he is wearing are actually a felt material in the pod short style.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                Is the sizing fairly consistent
                yes. i usually size down one in DRKSHDW and wear TTS in mainline.

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                with other rick/drkshdw bottoms?
                since other pants/shorts can vary enormously: no.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I think they are different, mine are slim pants and wow they are slim, first time pants have been big in the waist and still slim in the leg on me. My normal size 48 was perfect in the waist but sausage casing on the legs, not a good look with wool voile. Yea, it's annoying when designers don't leave any seam allowance on dress pants.

Wasn't me morsto, got mine at IF but I believe it's the same slim pants they have on LN-CC (mislabeled as cotton).

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  whoa i literally yesterday got the same pants (xtreme's, right?) and have the same problem, only i need to take the waist OUT... NO IDEA if my tailor can do this, since there doesn't seem to be any extra fabric for this in the back seam as one would expected in a pair of formal pants...
                  Originally posted by morsto View Post
                  were you guys the bastards who bought them on ln-cc before I could press add to cart? I'll hunt you down!
                  That said, I have tried once getting dress pants made bigger in waist and it could only be done via a bastardizing method of adding more external fabric etc.
                  music

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

I think they are different, mine are slim pants and wow they are slim, first time pants have been big in the waist and still slim in the leg on me. My normal size 48 was perfect in the waist but sausage casing on the legs, not a good look with wool voile. Yea, it's annoying when designers don't leave any seam allowance on dress pants.

Wasn't me morsto, got mine at IF but I believe it's the same slim pants they have on LN-CC (mislabeled as cotton).
                    then it's the ones i have, which is the 'xtreme' ones... funny, i don't think they're all THAT slim in the legs, even if i might have gotten a size smaller than i should have. i got a 48 and could have done with some more room in the waist...

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Nonono, I'm talking about these:

Not the xtreme which look pretty loose in the leg. I see they are both mislabeled "cotton" thus the confusion. I almost ordered the xtreme ones too in 48, let me know if you decide you don't want them.
                      music

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

Nonono, I'm talking about these:

Not the xtreme which look pretty loose in the leg. I see they are both mislabeled "cotton" thus the confusion. I almost ordered the xtreme ones too in 48, let me know if you decide you don't want them.
                        I concur. I had these pants and let them go because they were so unbelievably skinny. I couldn't do anything else apart from walking ;)

Comment

• braver
                          • Sep 2013

My Riri zipper puller on MA+ biker jacket got stuck yesterday, I hardly got off that horse leather. Had to brake and remove the pullers.

Anyone knows how to contact MA+?
                          Want to get replacement original pullers.

Comment

• zaprowsdower
                            • Oct 2013

Has anyone here ever tried to remove the shoulder pads from a devoa blazer? I just recently picked up this one from Archive http://fascinate2007.tumblr.com/post...voa-slim-pants - and while the fit is spot on for the most part, the pagoda shoulder looks odd on me. Is it worth trying?

Comment

• HugAndWug
                              • Aug 2014

Looking for any black pants in a jcut/twist/etc for maximum stacks in a size 34 waist. I've searched all of ebay and grailed and sz/sf and haven't found anything that worked for me. Trying to find the something for the best stacks etc.

Should I look on Japanese sites?

Are there any brands I might not be thinking of to look for?

Comment

• guardimp
                                • Jun 2010

If you have looked all through ebay, grailed, sz, and sf i dont know if anyone will be able to help you. Maybe look at rakuten and yjp too. What are you looking for specifically that other things are lacking in. Also what price range are you looking in?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎