X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by dduyyy View Post
    How do you guys keep warm in the winter? Last winter i wear 2 layers of tee, a sweater if needed in the colder days with a coat/leather jacket but that didnt seem to be enough. In my place the temperature rarely get under 10 degree but the moisture is damn high, so that make you feel much colder.
    leggins under pants. i do this fairly constantly. works great.

Comment

• noirgt
      • Oct 2012

no matter how high the humidity is, I would say if you wear that many when the temp is above 10 degrees and still feel damn cold, you may just naturally not good with low temp. Try uniqlo heattech henley and long john, they may help.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
        no matter how high the humidity is, I would say if you wear that many when the temp is above 10 degrees and still feel damn cold, you may just naturally not good with low temp. Try uniqlo heattech henley and long john, they may help.
        Agreed.

you might need to sacrifice style a bit and get some proper technical outerwear. When it gets really cold I usually wear an Arc'teryx Veilance jacket, the primaloft insulation on it is ridicilously warm.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
          get some thermal base layers.
          best solution imo, I always wear a thermal legging and long sleeve in the winter. When the European cold really strikes, I double it up.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• dduyyy
            • Jul 2014

Thanks for all your opinions.
            Seem that thermal base layer is the best choice to keep me both warm and in style. However if that doesnt help, i'll go for some technical outerwear like what lowrey said.

Comment

• Trixer
              • Mar 2014

Get yourself some merino wool garments, doesn't necessarily have to be thermal under armour (I just bought myself some Leon Louis stuff in merino, really nice even though it's still rather warm). Merino is 5 times warmer than regular wool at the same weight (not as warm as cashmere but breathes far better). And then just some ol' fashion layering and your set.

Comment

• derpington
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Trixer View Post
                Merino is 5 times warmer than regular wool at the same weight
                This is completely, absolutely factually incorrect.

Comment

• daou0782
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Tailoring CCP taped seams/overlock stitching in Boston or New York

Has anyone had any experience tailoring CCP garments?

Who could tailor a CCP dead end pair pf pants and blazer with taped seams and overlock stitching in Boston or New York?

I def need to hem the pants (i just folded them for this pic), but the waist needs to be taken in one inch or so. I'd also appreciate it if I could take in the waist of the jacket if only a bit.

Comment

• Trixer
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by derpington View Post
                    This is completely, absolutely factually incorrect.
                    I shouldn't have written in weight, that's faulty. But a fine micron merino can hold up to 5 times the heat from a conventional sheep wool fibre from my understanding?

Comment

• guardimp
                      • Jun 2010

I am quite confused at what you are saying, are you saying that a smaller fiber of the same length made of merino wool can accept more heat than a larger fiber of the same length made of regular wool? Therein saying merino wool has a higher specific heat capacity to the point that it is just as warm to wear a sweater that is 1/5 as thick if it is made of merino wool? That sounds like hogwash.

Comment

• noirgt
                        • Oct 2012

Where do you find shoelaces in NYC for CCP derby? I checked out several sneaker shops and they only have wide flat laces or thick oval ones. Where can I find something similar to original ccp ones?

Comment

• Linhlev
                          • May 2014

Guys, I have some questions.
                          Why Darklandsberlin is selling products a lot cheaper than other retailers? I bought my RO Moody woven longsleeve today for $370 include tax. The price in Darklandsberlin is about $270... Btw a lot of people in this website buy garments from them right?

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

I think depending of which brand. Maybe some is lower but I would say their price are quite reasonable.
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• Linhlev
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by magic View Post
                              I think depending of which brand. Maybe some is lower but I would say their price are quite reasonable.
                              Oh I forgot to mention. I'm from NYC, so I bought it in the RO flagship here down Hudson street. However, I think it must be the same concept when people buying Louis Vuitton is much cheaper in Europe than in America... I guess so?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Linhlev View Post
                                Guys, I have some questions.
                                Why Darklandsberlin is selling products a lot cheaper than other retailers? I bought my RO Moody woven longsleeve today for $370 include tax. The price in Darklandsberlin is about $270... Btw a lot of people in this website buy garments from them right?
                                you are talking about European goods being sold in EU vs US, of course there is a difference. The price when selling outside europe is without tax (it's mentioned on the site), which at least in theory you need to pay when importing the goods to the US along with customs fees. Whether or not you get charged for those probably depends mostly on luck. Additionally you need to pay shipping which I imagine makes the price fairly close to the same.

Also, its worth considering if you want to try the clothes on, if you want to wait for shipping, and if you want to deal with overseas returns in case it doesn't work out (with this particular store, you probably don't...)

I'm not saying buying online or overseas is a big deal or should be avoided, but there is more to it than the price you see listed somewhere.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎