Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

thinking about buying a Rick flight bomber and wanted some guidance on the difference between the mainline and drkshdw versions. looking for something lightweight (and slim fitting), not sure if there is much difference between the FW and SS cotton/nylon jackets.

Comment

• Linhlev
      • May 2014

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      you are talking about European goods being sold in EU vs US, of course there is a difference. The price when selling outside europe is without tax (it's mentioned on the site), which at least in theory you need to pay when importing the goods to the US along with customs fees. Whether or not you get charged for those probably depends mostly on luck. Additionally you need to pay shipping which I imagine makes the price fairly close to the same.

Also, its worth considering if you want to try the clothes on, if you want to wait for shipping, and if you want to deal with overseas returns in case it doesn't work out (with this particular store, you probably don't...)

I'm not saying buying online or overseas is a big deal or should be avoided, but there is more to it than the price you see listed somewhere.
      Oh yes that's true, it makes sense.
      Well I guess I will stick with buying garments at their flagship haha

Comment

• josecc
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
        thinking about buying a Rick flight bomber and wanted some guidance on the difference between the mainline and drkshdw versions. looking for something lightweight (and slim fitting), not sure if there is much difference between the FW and SS cotton/nylon jackets.
        iirc mainline usually comes with nices materials (goose feathers instead of polyester padding, etc.)
        Last edited by josecc; 09-15-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

How are this Rick current side zip creeper boots(http://www.rickowens.eu/en/men/products/ru14f2851lge-09) stack up to the 09 (?) version of it? im in market for one and wondering about fitting and leather quality.

Also...boots from DEVOA any good? I have no experience DEVOA but their current offering pique my interest.

thanks in advance!

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Anyone know if rick and boris have the same sizing in regards to leather jackets? I have the feeling rick is smaller?

Comment

• apathy!
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
              How are this Rick current side zip creeper boots(http://www.rickowens.eu/en/men/products/ru14f2851lge-09) stack up to the 09 (?) version of it? im in market for one and wondering about fitting and leather quality.

Also...boots from DEVOA any good? I have no experience DEVOA but their current offering pique my interest.

thanks in advance!

I don't have my old creepers any more so I can't be too accurate. IMO the new creepers run a FULL size big.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                Anyone know if rick and boris have the same sizing in regards to leather jackets? I have the feeling rick is smaller?
                I wear 3 sizes in Rick leathers depending on cut and season, so difficult to compare. I suppose you could generally say both fit small, but that doesn't tell much.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                  Do you mean smaller after accounting for the general "go one size up" rule with Rick (as in RO48=regular 46)?
                  there is no such 'general rule' except maybe for mountain/island

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by josecc View Post
                    iirc mainline usually comes with nices materials (goose feathers instead of polyester padding, etc.)
                    thanks, looking more for a S/S weight jacket though.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                      there is no such 'general rule' except maybe for mountain/island
                      this is so wrong it's crazy. Since fw11 i believe rick took 44/xs out of the tags, so sz 46 is the smallest size which means 46 is xs/44, and 48 is a small/46, 50 is a med/48, so everything starts there, except for coats maybe.. but if ur a small and u buy a 46 I promise u u will be screwed. drkshdw sizing is still normal though. Though generally 1/2 size big, pants and jackets.

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        I wear 3 sizes in Rick leathers depending on cut and season, so difficult to compare. I suppose you could generally say both fit small, but that doesn't tell much.
                        LOL so true... i find the 52 is good for me and 50, never tried a 48... yet

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

it's simple, Rick still makes xs stuff he just marks it different, how hard is that to understand. Not even sure why shucks is just sabotaging people w/ this kind of wrong advice. He's a 48 if I remember correctly he bought the same blazer i had bought the hustler in a 50 because he's a48 and i bought it in a 48 because i'm a 46.
                          W/ pants it's different because of the drwstrings i think most 46 30inch waist people should get the 46 though 48 can work as well..

Seriously i've had probably more rick leathers than most and i've only ever worn Small except the earlier stuff, fw09 and earlier some of that i wore xs. But if i had to wear a mollino it would have to be a med/50 because that one's weird.

Comment

• j100000
                            • May 2014

I was actually gonna pm you upsilonkng, luckily I went here first. Thanks everyone for their input, really appreciate it

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

just giving advice. buy whatever. idc.

Comment

• guardimp
                                • Jun 2010

An alternative to this sizing debate which varies by each persons body is to actually go try the piece on. Or just use a fully returnable site like yoox or farfetch to try out sizing. Buying from darklands and not knowing if the item fits sounds like a horrid idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎