Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senpai
    • Apr 2014

Probably won't find an answer to this, but does anyone know if the Damir Doma crepe sole derbies from '11 (I believe) were relatively not widely produced? I've spent months trying to hunt a pair down in my size secondhand and the closest I've come to is a beat up pair in size 44 on ebay (fairly certain it was a member's here). Such a shame, as they've been my ideal shoe for quite some time.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Is it generally correct to say that Julius' lamb leathers are thicker/more for A/W while the calf is better for S/S?

Comment

• nonomomo
        • Oct 2009

Hi all I have a pair of derbies that is one size bigger. I am aware that a thick insole will help with roughly 1/2-1 size and i have just gotten one. However its some DIY insoles where I have to trim it myself.

I was wondering should I trim it to the size of the shoes or bigger? If it's the latter, how much more?
        thank you

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nonomomo View Post
          Hi all I have a pair of derbies that is one size bigger. I am aware that a thick insole will help with roughly 1/2-1 size and i have just gotten one. However its some DIY insoles where I have to trim it myself.

I was wondering should I trim it to the size of the shoes or bigger? If it's the latter, how much more?
          thank you
          Trim conservatively. See if it fits, if not, cut off a bit more. Repeat until it fits.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
            Is it generally correct to say that Julius' lamb leathers are thicker/more for A/W while the calf is better for S/S?
            i can't think of any super thin calf ss leathers from julius, i find that julius mostly uses lamb, ss or fw, though they have used goat as well and pig, both of those are really great. Love Julius wished they used calf a little more and less on the lamb.

Comment

• braver
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
              i can't think of any super thin calf ss leathers from julius, i find that julius mostly uses lamb, ss or fw, though they have used goat as well and pig, both of those are really great. Love Julius wished they used calf a little more and less on the lamb.
              Please, explain.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by braver View Post
                Please, explain.
                Lamb is such a fashion leather, it's not rugged it's really soft and I personally am not a fan of how it is. it would be the equivalent of buying like a Schott and riding a motorcycle or buying... well, a lamb leather.

on the other hand, the Goat/Sheep leather is a little tougher and more digestable for me, it's like a solid inbetween.

as for Julius SS, Calf jackets have seen appearances in various seasons, 2010 and 2012 (but not limited to)
                Originally posted by unwashed
                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

I'm sorry but terrible analogy, to simply call something 'such a fashion leather' just because of its tactility and because 'its soft' is utter ridiculous.
                  Julius is a fashion brand, and its utter manifesto is so contrived, its cringe worthy.
                  If they are a fashion brand is it not appropriate for them to use the 'fashion leather'?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Yeah, unless you're wearing something like Dainese, it's all just fashion.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• braver
                      • Sep 2013

I got the point, Lamb is pretty and glamorous. LOL

Another question is, if Julius is about "Pursuit of abstract law", "Chaos of preperty", "Insignificance of embellishment" (from Julius slogan, you know), can it be Fashion as it is "popular style or practice", "habitual trend", etc. (wiki)?

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

Im not even going to comment on that...

Lamb is hardly pretty and glamorous when rick blasted it, its just a soft leather, it depends on how the designer/manufacture treats or uses it.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                          Im not even going to comment on that...

Lamb is hardly pretty and glamorous when rick blasted it, its just a soft leather, it depends on how the designer/manufacture treats or uses it.
                          I think you're missing the utilitarian point I was trying to make, to take a little slap at me.
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

Honestly I've seen lamb done pretty well on custom leather jackets. The high end designers make it too think where it is, i agree, just fashion.

On the other hand, i have calf leather jackets and they are hard to move in. My lamb rick is easiest to wear.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Julius does calf leather sometimes but they're on the heavier side too (in fact there is no real differentiation between spring summer and fall winter when it comes to Julius leather weight). the only S/S leather that comes to mind that was light at all was the lamb leather moto from MA Julius SS10, think Rick LGI (Lamb Glass Ice?).

for the record I wear my lamb leather jackets a lot more than my cow or horse jackets.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

i have to say a few things about lamb

It definitely depends on the designer and the season and the treatment but in general lamb is softer than calf and not as thick(this is very general) I find goat to have a really nice black and seems tougher second to horse. I've never had a horse leather jacket but horse is my preference when it comes to boots and bags.
                                best lamb leather i've had
                                BBS oiled lamb ss11/fw11 thick and almost like oiled calf from rick but lamb
                                Rick Fw09 fw08 fw07 hammered lamb, thick and glossy and hard too as far as looks but still soft to wear
                                Julius fw09 lamb like julius' version of the hammered, not quite as thick and slightly discolored but still nice
                                rick fw10 blistered lamb the thickest version though not as burnt as later versions nothing like the paper thin suede passing as LB nowadays
                                Julius fw12 blistered and heavily waxed, this is actually the coolest looking one in and of itself
                                BBS ss11 burnt /reverse lamb really thick, no shine and amazingly comfortable.

that's just my opinion from what i've had

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎