X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lost53
    • Dec 2010

Left one or right one?
    comfy and built to last, would recommend a pair though.

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

^ I must say I missed that colour way, the more I look at it the more I like.

Comment

• qazwsx
          • Feb 2012

^ i think that belongs to the shoppping thread...

Simone's work is actually what i appreciate the most among the niche. Beside the new balance running shoes, A1923 is actually the only footwear i choose to keep after trying ccp, layer-0, cdiem...etc considering the look, durability, and comfort. I totally agree with cj's point that simone does do a lot of rip off from many work of others. Well, i remember having a conversation with a huge fan of cdiem and he said he disliked Augusta because "simone lacks his own voice". I can never see what he envisions. I see several elements from other designers in Augusta (needless to say about the footwear, but i do feel the lapel is similar to harnden's, especially when buttoned up) but the overall vibe of the work is most definitely his own. I sense this introverted humbleness, subtle elegance of ruggedness from Augusta. The silhouette is edgy, fitted, and very masculine, unlike the relaxed, egg-shape PH. While being edgy, it's distinct from the the extreme, self-abused, insect-like-skinny-edgy attention whore(all due respected) ccp, which simone is a big fan of and does a lot of rip-off from. Augusta is like saying, to put it in a Yohji way, "I don't bother you - don't bother me"

In my humble opinion, yes, we can definitely break down step by step which element did simone copy this from but it's the end-product, the overall vibe of the garment, as long as feels like his own, that's important, to me.

btw,
          does anyone know if simone is ever gonna make any hoodie? Im sure when he does, my search for the m.a+ aviator would be over.
          Last edited by qazwsx; 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM.
          "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Like quiet a few others, Simone makes things that he likes to wear. I've never seen him in a hoodie. Though if people keep petitioning on here, maybe he will

His clothes look nothing like Harnden. The problem is once people have seen that your work has been too close to that of others, even one similar detail (lapels) makes them scream murder.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Mugatu, shouting out letting everyone know he invented the piano key necktie! He INVENTED it!!

Comment

• Apr 2012

Comment

• bonejelly
                  • Jul 2008

Does anyone know if there were production issues this season? So far the long coat is the only garment I've seen arrive in stores. Perhaps Simone has taken influence from a certain unmentioned designer and is abandoning doing his collections on a seasonal schedule as well?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Production issue are the bane of any small scale designer.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

they are delivering right now, its always a bit a later into the season.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vehk
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2013

PNP received some new stuff:

Comment

• lazyguru
                          • Jun 2008

Waiting patiently for sharkskin .... someone post pics

Comment

• Vehk
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                            Waiting patiently for sharkskin .... someone post pics

and damn you again Simone:

ugly/nice/hate/love/never/wantit

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

those are pretty awful... The 3 boots from PN/P are awesome, above 2 not so much. I appreciate the fact that a1923 takes risks but sometimes its just unnecessary.

Comment

• Vehk
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2013

and you even could say that someone did something very similar few years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎