• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

that looks like ccp.

I honestly dont like the ccp a1923 comparison, at times their boots look alike but the clothing is quiet different imo. Carol has more structure and is a bit more classic whereas a1923 is more experimental with more distressing (que the CD comparisons). i am glad simone makes things and i like a1923 a lot but i think his footwear pricing is getting absurd. Due to the inconsistency of his style from season to season i find it hard to pay 2k for his boots. Its both exciting and annoying that every year he doesnt have 1 classic laceup and 1 classic zip boot (although i think thats changing). This is where i like CCP more due to consistency. Alas, i also like seeing the craziness of a1923 from season to season.

Anyways i am not comparing the two just talking about the two designers in parallel.

BTW i own both ccp and a1923, construction is superb and both pairs are unique.

Comment

• Vehk
      Banned
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
      1 classic laceup and 1 classic zip boot
      and it's always damned perfect laceup and perfect zip boot, imo

honestly, I still prefer Simone's work more than anything else. I mean more than cdiem, av, av_field, ccp, (old) guidi and whatever. And I like his modus operandi "take the thing and make it better". don't want to start any comparisions all over again.
      I mean, I own 7 pairs of a1923 from various seasons and I want more and more.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

7 pairs of a1923, post some pics man.

i was actually alluding to the fact that for a while he did not have 1 classic laceup and 1 classic zip boot last season has been a bit diff.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Saw this 'tailored' jacket at Hostem. Besides the fact that the cut was completely wack, I found disturbing how a coloured trim was attached on all fabric edges to give the effect of selvedge fabric. This contrived detail demonstrates to me exactly what this label is about.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• doldrums
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            ... This contrived detail demonstrates to me exactly what this label is about.
            Exactly...very well put.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Perhaps it just didn't fit you?

I would be curious to see the jacket though, I've never seen a version with selvedge on all fabric edges, usually its limited to a few edges such as pocket flaps, collar edge etc. and from what I recall, its been proper selvedge
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Wax
                • Sep 2009

Wait so it it real Self-Edge or just a trim?

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

its gotta be this one

and if you look at this photo it does look like a little strip of selvedge edge sewn on for effect.

i like the fit though. a little odd but not accidentally so...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Oh, I was thinking he meant outside the jacket...

I don't remember how the collar is constructed, it could be attached, or the collar piece turned over.

I personally like the fitment or cut of the jackets, they are slim and tall so they can be quite unforgiving but they look fantastic when worn right.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

it looks like part of the collar to me.. the outer part of the collar does not tuck into it and expose it instead.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

you may be right. i can't tell. we need confirmation. does no one own this piece? i love it...
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

to me this is simply a situation of disliking a label so you look for things to criticize rather than things to appreciate.

i dont know anything about the fit if the jacket, but to me i see nothing wrong with using the selvedge to finish certain parts of the jacket

for example the armhole is bound with the selvedge strips..............to call it contrived is simply a matter of opinion.............and we could say that about some aspects of the work of every designer.........
                          Last edited by zamb; 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Atom
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                            Saw this 'tailored' jacket at Hostem. Besides the fact that the cut was completely wack, I found disturbing how a coloured trim was attached on all fabric edges to give the effect of selvedge fabric. This contrived detail demonstrates to me exactly what this label is about.
                            It's not "effect of selvage fabric". It is selvage fabric.
                            Last edited by Atom; 01-20-2014, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• whshen
                              • Dec 2013

want to buy a rounded head derby from 1923, any recommendations before I really go with it? saw a pair in darkland berlin, it is really touching....http://www.darklandsberlin.com/wordp...1/IMG_1150.jpg

Comment

• Icarium
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                its gotta be this one

and if you look at this photo it does look like a little strip of selvedge edge sewn on for effect.

i like the fit though. a little odd but not accidentally so...
                                I own it as does eckblk.. the detail definitely isn't sewn on. I'm not sure what techniques might be used to fake selvedge... so can't guarantee it is real, but definitely doesn't seem sewn on.

There's the selvedge detail on both leg seams on the pants too which I've never seen on pants before... which seems like it might be impossible if it were real selvedge based on my rudimentary knowledge of pattern-making

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎