X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Augusta Footwear

[quote user="awlouie"]Nice pics Kev....I just love the look and shape of Augusta CCP boots! [75][/quote]

Fixed for you.

It's downright appalling. The oxfords are straight up Carol.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Lulz. I still want to hear the official explanation of why this recent batch of Augusta footwear bears such a strong copyright-violation-style resemblance to CCP. Is it just crass imitation or something deeper? I can't help but feel that Augusta has more integrity than to just bite Carol especially since the shoes are sold in the same retail stores.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

I actually preferred the brand when they had the square toe. I love the boots I picked up from SS07 and if they still made them like that, I would be way more inclined to pick them up. But I'm sorry, if I'm going to get a boot/shoe of that shape, it's going to be Carol.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Trendy Andy
          • Jun 2007

Your damn right~! Its not like the Augusta shoes are much cheaper than the CCP anyways. CCP distinct details and qualities are more apparent than the Augusta footwear in my opinion. [8-|]

[quote user="Casius"]I actually preferred the brand when they had the square toe. I love the boots I picked up from SS07 and if they still made them like that, I would be way more inclined to pick them up. But I'm sorry, if I'm going to get a boot/shoe of that shape, it's going to be Carol.[/quote]

Comment

• awlouie
            • Sep 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="awlouie"]Nice pics Kev....I just love the look and shape of Augusta CCP boots! [75][/quote]

Fixed for you.

It's downright appalling. The oxfords are straight up Carol.

[/quote]

I own a CCP bootand Augusta lace up boot...IMO...I just like the shape and comfort of Augusta! Diego can youhelp me out here...I think youown a pair! Any thoughts?

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• justine
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

A/W 08/09 preview[/quote]what the? I thought one season of ripoff was something i was okay with, but 2 seasons back to back is just ridiculous....what is going on here? There's got to be something else in there....

Comment

• my friend goo
                • Oct 2007

they must have some sort of aggreement, considering they produce their shoes in the same factory.

i recently received my augusta thermic wraparounds and they are just marvelous.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i had a conversation with someone about this fairly recently. does anyone know what design ccp is basing his boot design from? i'm going to assume some variant of a cowboy boot, no? i'm not trying to detract ccp's design of the boot as i see his as the defacto, but if his design is based on a standard/classic boot then i wouldn't be so appalled by augusta's interpretation as he has his own little/(VERY) subtle tweaks to the design.

also, goo, where'd you get the thermic wraps and what was the price? i always liked those.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• my friend goo
                    • Oct 2007

i got them here: http://ardmen.osakazine.net/e96355.html

220k yens... buying in japan is such wallet rape :/

but it is ok! currentlyfacing the dilemma ofwhether to vibramize or not..

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

don't worry, A was selling those for a similar price.

IMO, i would put vibrams on, especially if you're going to walk a lot. however, other posters may disagree.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="my friend goo"]

they must have some sort of aggreement, considering they produce their shoes in the same factory.

i recently received my augusta thermic wraparounds and they are just marvelous.

[/quote]

just out of curiosity, is the above true? i always thought ccp crafted the boot in house?

Comment

• my friend goo
                          • Oct 2007

"GUIDI????????CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL?
                          ????????????????."

got the information from the mindtrive site.

trans- augusta uses guidi leather and is produced in the same factory as ccp.

also yeah thanks for the advice, i was leaning towards putting the vibrams on.. it just makes me a little sad as the sole is so beautiful too.

Comment

• buratino
                            • Feb 2007

many of cdiem products were also been produced on guidi factory wich is the oldest one & the best for leather works(i remmember, it was already mentioned on the forum)

i also think Simone is not so stupid just to copy CCP, there is smth have to be between them. he even don't need to, as far as many of his shoes are really exiting(got the white ones with lacesthe day before yesterday), i'd say especially women boots(the extra-high ones from last winter!). the work & the quality are very nice when you take them in your hands & look at them closer... & missing of that painfull CCP feeling when you put them on [75]

Comment

• awlouie
                              • Sep 2007

[quote user="buratino"]

many of cdiem products were also been produced on guidi factory wich is the oldest one & the best for leather works(i remmember, it was already mentioned on the forum)

i also think Simone is not so stupid just to copy CCP, there is smth have to be between them. he even don't need to, as far as many of his shoes are really exiting(got the white ones with lacesthe day before yesterday), i'd say especially women boots(the extra-high ones from last winter!). the work & the quality are very nice when you take them in your hands & look at them closer... & missing of that painfull CCP feeling when you put them on [75]

[/quote]

Iconcur with you Buratino. I understandthat sometimes it is necessary to break in a shoe when it's new, but when buying an expensive handmade, object dyed shoe, it should be comfortable!

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                              -Bruce Lee

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

i think desultory needs to remind the forum about a few things regarding the master / slave relationship here
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎