X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samba
    • Apr 2008

Re: Augusta Footwear

Mater/slave relationship...you have to be a real fahion-victim to believe on that. We are talking about footwear no sex[66]

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

wah?
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

can anybody find the desultory post i'm talking about? where he eloquently breaks down ccp's footwear and others relationship to the wearer...i just spent 20 minutes trying to find it and surprise, came up empty handed.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• buratino
          • Feb 2007

[quote user="Samba"]Mater/slave relationship...you have to be a real fahion-victim to believe on that. We are talking about footwear no sex[66][/quote]

but footwear, & the appearance in general is a display of human sexuality for sure.

like if you'll talk about samba & willsay that it's just a dance [66]

Comment

• buratino
            • Feb 2007

[quote user="awlouie"][quote user="buratino"]

many of cdiem products were also been produced on guidi factory wich is the oldest one & the best for leather works(i remmember, it was already mentioned on the forum)

i also think Simone is not so stupid just to copy CCP, there is smth have to be between them. he even don't need to, as far as many of his shoes are really exiting(got the white ones with lacesthe day before yesterday), i'd say especially women boots(the extra-high ones from last winter!). the work & the quality are very nice when you take them in your hands & look at them closer... & missing of that painfull CCP feeling when you put them on [75]

[/quote]

Iconcur with you Buratino. I understandthat sometimes it is necessary to break in a shoe when it's new, but when buying an expensive handmade, object dyed shoe, it should be comfortable!

[/quote]

LOVE HURTS [64][:'(]

i think it depends on whom do you love more: your ego or your body?

If an ego you'llgo with CCP even with that pain feeling, if the body you'll find smth more comfortable.

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

From the Carpe Diem, Augusta and Guidi comparison thread

[quote user="desultory"]

This
              was an interesting, timely question, considering the
              implosion/explosion of the now-defunct Carpe Diem, the success of its
              offspring, and the time-flagrant but beautifully-judged,
              quietly-intense response from Maurizio Altieri.

For
              this writer, the ultimate refinement in footwear lay with Carpe Diem,
              but which carries through in amplified spades to Altieri's
              Avantindietro collection, sighted again in Paris in October. It is hard
              to imagine a more completely modern footwear statement - reduced as it
              is to a minimal leather form (soles carved away to next-to-nothing, the
              absence of seams/stitching, ultra-thin laces if any; the designs fluid,
              aerodynamic, anatomical.) Are these leather slippers, boots, shoes,
              runners, some kind of epiphany, some kind of footwear for the future?
              They are perhaps all of these, and the result of a designer's
              smouldering obsession with the reduction of footwear to a single
              leather form that is free of 'ridiculous' detail/production
              constraints. Well worth the wait.

Simone
              Cecchetto of Augusta, on the other hand, is obsessed by skin, and the
              life that the skin of your shoes might have beyond their point of sale.
              Augustas, a generally more rugged shoe, should not be treated in a
              precious, retentive way - they are to be worn, scarred, bashed - the
              joy of them is to be had with the 'seasons of their skin', the
              inequalities, the emergence, like the Shroud of Turin, on their
              different, weathered surfaces. Not to be overlooked is their facility
              for absolute comfort, once the 'artisinal idiosyncracies' and
              treatments have been broken down - the writer has walked for miles over
              Parisian cobbled streets in these boots and shoes, and swears by them.
              Simone, it should be noted, is also pushing his work with skins, with
              new, exotic developments in shark and stingray.

Guidi
              appear to generate their footwear from some intrinsic, Italian
              fundamentalism for leather and hide - your reaction, therefore, is
              likely to come from the gut and not necessarily the brain. As witnessed
              in Paris in October, the new, raw, range of bags and open-toed boots
              and shoes (a la sandles with substance) is strong and earthy, without
              excessive human intervention, and with an unforced sense of 'arte
              povera', created without heed to the market or any dictate of wank. For
              those wanting a more earthly attachment to modern/historic Italian
              soil, with the ability to create your own look, and without being
              dominated by overt design, Guidi appears to be the Jesus of Italian
              avante garde footwear - both a winner in price and tactile quality.

Carol
              Christian Poell: the dictator. Having broken in a pair of zip-up boots
              this last season the writer can attest to a relationship with the
              designer that is push-pull/fuck you, but which ultimately, perhaps
              surprisingly quickly, becomes devotional - as in 'I think I'm in love'.
              The first experience of a CCP shoe/boot can result in a head-scratching
              question: how does this shoe last relate to my foot? But successive
              wears and breaking in find the foot moulding the design and not the
              other way 'round, resulting in a comfort that is extra-ordinary, as
              natural as saliva in the mouth, and a visible ageing process of the
              skin which binds the wearer into a shared relationship. As with all
              things Poell, what is required of the purchaser/wearer, is the entering
              of a 'conversation' with the designer/artist, and the abandonment of
              the timidity which is, unfortunately, specifically male, and to be
              found consistently throughout these pages.
              [/quote]

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• buratino
                • Feb 2007

[quote user="Samba"]Mater/slave relationship...you have to be a real fahion-victim to believe on that. We are talking about footwear no sex[66][/quote]

are you sure?there is a big discussion here, to use or not to use condoms for safety. expirienced people say, if you live in a big city like NY, it's better to use them[8-|]

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i thought it was in a comparison thread but couldn't find the damn thread. thx who? well done, desultory. the ccp pharagraph is a joy to read again, as natural as saliva in the mouth.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Hail desultory.
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="buratino"]

LOVE HURTS [64][:'(]

i think it depends on whom do you love more: your ego or your body?

If an ego you'llgo with CCP even with that pain feeling, if the body you'll find smth more comfortable.

[/quote]

Wow! That statement kind of makes you look at yourself twice doesn't it...haha.

Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Re: Augusta Footwear

crap, now i want the avantindietro's again.

Comment

• new augusta's at a. decidedly not ccp ripoffs anymore. new shapes, treatments, materials, some on-ripoff treatments that rip off. red boots, not a ccp substitute, but still. best spring f/w window treatment in a while.

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                            • Jan 2008

The new augusta's look great, particularly the 'shadow' side-zips below..

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

Agree with Staton, A has those "shadows" and they look great.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

as someone who hasn't really been that much into augusta or other similar footwear (the bulky styles of poell etc), I really liked these:

the boots look nice, but again a bit too bulky for my taste:

these I really liked for the slim silhouette:

doesn't look much like Augusta though, who did they copy with these? Guidi?
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎