Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

it could have been good if they werent trying so hard.......
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• baizilla
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Yep. Ann Demeluemeester on acid.
      and if she designed for Gucci... it would look like this.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
        • Feb 2008

ANNHAGEN IS BACK!... well kind of sort of (maybe not).

Annhagen.com has been updated. Nothing too much; an announcement of their next trade show (Tranoï Homme Jan 22-25), there next "inspiration" (keld helmer petersen), and a new layout (removed all information about Dianna Opsund Bay and all past collections but put up one colorful blah)

On the Tranoï page (http://www.tranoi.com/) in the "designers" category that had a couple pictures from Annhagen that I PRAY is not the direction that Jørgen Simonsen is taking the brand in as a whole...

Comment

• morsto
          • Nov 2008

annhagen had a show at Copenhagen fashionweek last friday I believe it was. The new designer has totally dropped the "goth" inspiration and is quite obviously taking the brand a totally different direction. Can't say I'm surprised considering he's former designer at versace etc.
          Anyways the pictures can be found here http://www.copenhagenfashionweek.com...283.1/annhagen
          I do not recognise the vessel,
          but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Brother Stasi
            • Feb 2008

^^^ Thank you for posting that. On that note, I feel this Annhagen thread is about ready to be officially closed...

I mean seriously?!? WTF... It's like Kris Van Ass for Dior. They hire some new designer who has some history with the brand (Ass worked for DH. Jørgen Simonsen... was Danish?) And then the new designer apparently has no intention of maintaining anything the original brand stood for. Isn't there something inherently wrong with changing the entire concept of a brand over night? I'm sure this will sell to someone, but it just says fuck you to just about every single person who liked the brand before. And worst of all... this new brand offers NOTHING new to the market.... It's like Simonsen said "this is my pissing ground now and I'm gonna make more Ver-shitie like stuff and then some more dresses for Beyonce..."

sorry, but is there ANY Annhagen left in there? I see bad Gucci, Bad Balenciaga, bad 50 other designers and only one look that at all reminds me of Annhagen before this (but not really in a good way)....

(inserts uncomfortable and odd looking male model)

ps. And WTF is with those bad hair metal shirts mixed in?!?! Seriously Def Leppard, Mötorhead, etc... wtf?!!?

Comment

• Brother Stasi
              • Feb 2008

Ok I'm starting to calm down a little... I went back and looked at the most recent Raf show to remember what bad truly means...

now I'm just simply saddened by having to specify what years apply when naming any/all of my favorite designers... :sigh:

Comment

• baizilla
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                But it was really something great and special coming out of the scandinavian fashion scene ( allthough the refferences to Ann d and others could clearly be found).
                Nothing great has ever come out of Denmark in terms of fashion, nothing. Annhagen included. I really fail to see why something so derivative and weak in identity can be called "great" or "special".

Henrik Vibskov is a little bit interesting, but he's simply doing what Walter Van Beirendonck and Bernhard Willhelm have been doing for more than a decade.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
                  Looks like a knitted bra

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                    • Feb 2008

I thought the same thing!

:::has flash backs to middle school when my grandmother made a joke about me needing a training bra... starts to cry a little inside::: :'(

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                      • Feb 2008

The most sucessfull is Moods of Norway ( DON'T GOOGLE IT).
                      Why do I not listen?!?

my eyes are feeling quite unpleasant now....

PS> In response to baizilla...

I wouldn't say NO good fashion came out of Denmark... I mean Aqua came out of there and we know how much an influence Aqua is on fashion, especially on the SZ community...

Comment

• baizilla
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, Aqua is definitely something to be proud of.

But the worst is the Norwegian fashion "scene" ( I would not call it a scene). A bunch of idiots designing shit.
                        You have Siv Støldal, she has made some semi-decent stuff. I would, however, still add her to the category of designers, along with Swedish Patrick Söderstam and Vibskov, who are doing nothing groundbreaking just simply following the aesthetic created by the Belgians.
                        Scandinavians are known mostly for their minimalism, which is why these designers with their playful and colourful aesthetic have been able to get so much fame and appreciation among the Scandinavian fashion followers.

Acne Jeans is the only interesting Scandinavian fashion has to offer, because they have been able to carve out their own identity.

I saw this poster, last week, for the Copenhagen Fashion Week that said something along the lines of, 'Copenhagen Fashion Capital of Scandinavia' and I honestly thought I was about to puke.

I love how people here think Danish fashion is on top of the world.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                          • Feb 2008

Ok little update on Dianna Opsund Bay (aka the main force behind Annhagen... when it was good) She apparently has officially left and started a new line in 08 at some point. On an older incarnation of the Annhagen website it once mentioned there were some 10 investors; too many chefs in the kitchen perhaps? Anyways, her new company is her and her Husband, Kenneth Opsund Bay.

There aren't any new looks up, but can see one of their digital art pieces....

Oh yeah the knew brand is called "Opsundbay" ...
                          Last edited by Brother Stasi; 01-23-2010, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

this thread is brutal.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kofi3159
                              • Feb 2009

Danish pride in design.. will be selling the most wanted ANN HAGEN(100 italian fur) when I reach 100

Comment

• howinpark
                                • Jan 2009

just checked out their AW2009, mens are kind of overwhelming.. too elaborate? to me at least.

But womens...they are nice... I wish I was a lady =)
                                I love this (well...Im a fan of Japanses stuff so..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎