• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viridi
    • Mar 2008

Re: Ann Hagen

[quote user="Avantster"]

Very interesting, thanks for posting, guys!

Here's a photo of the designer from the website.

HWith, thanks for the price points. Do you have many pieces?

[/quote]all antie Ann look the same...

Comment

• croatoan
      • Jul 2007

I found this picture of a guy wearing her jeans last year on a Japanese street fashion site. I was always so impressed by the front view but hated the fact that they seem to have no back pockets.. You can see the entry here. He says the jeans were 34800yen.

Comment

• HWith
        • May 2007

Weird. I've never knew Annhagen made jeans, only pants. Are you sure this info is correct?

[quote user="croatoan"]

I found this picture of a guy wearing her jeans last year on a Japanese street fashion site. I was always so impressed by the front view but hated the fact that they seem to have no back pockets.. You can see the entry here. He says the jeans were 34800yen.

[/quote]

Comment

• Jotsko
          • Feb 2008

Damn, and I was convinced that this designer was going to be my little secret.... :| ha

Yeah, a lot of the things seem too heavy. Then again, I figure that if she downgraded the weight, it'd remind me of too many other leather-clad designers...

майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• electric_alyce
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Jotsko"]

Damn, and I was convinced that this designer was going to be my little secret.... :| ha

[/quote]

soooorry :P
            She does deserve a place in the spotlight though.
            Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="HWith"][quote user="Brother Stasi"]

I was curious if anyone knows what the label name Annhagen means or is in refference to since the actual designer's name, Dianna Opsund Bay, seems to have no corrilation...

Anyways...If you look at the off-runway photos the clothing seems, imo, to always look infinitely better. Like everyone else said; something about their show styling always just throws me off... In addition to just being sooo much design in ever look the show looks always just come out a little too costumy for my taste; with this season having gold triangles painted on foreheads to mimic the figurehead of Nordic Ships... or the Rubberized hair from last season showing the painful Faberge egg influence... or the even more painful 'hair tied under the chin' - 'goth' look from last f/w... but the clothing itself always seems beautiful after I am able to ignore the theatrics...

They used to have the s/s07 and a/w 06 collections up on rendez-vous-paris.com but apparently they no longer are represented by that showroom. Anyways, if anyone would like to see those collections I can put them up later...

As for pricing; it doesn't sound THAT bad from what I heard on other forums (but then again the only posts I found with pricing are a bit outdated...)
              "light pieces" - shirts, jumpers etc. : from $200
              "medium pieces" - heavy knits etc. : from $370
              "heavy pieces" - leather jackets, jackets etc. : $500-700 for most Jackets and $1000 for the leather pieces....
              and pants running for around $300

HWith, if you have some more up to date pricing I would LOVE to hear it... and if you know of any places that even carry it I would be extremely interested. I sent one of my Danish friends out on shopping mission in Copenhagen for me, but she had no success in even finding stores that had it in stock...

[/quote]

When Diana Opsund Bay worked at Vivienne Westwood, the Dame found the name Diana too much of a princess's name (guess why), so everyone started calling her Ann instead. Mrs. Bay is from Copenhagen (CopenHAGEN). Hence Annhagen. In one word. Like that. Not Ann Hagen og AnnHagen or anything - just Annhagen :) (people tend to write Ann Hagen or AnnHagen and stuff like that).

Pants are DKK 2,300 if I recall correctly. Which is about $500.

Really light pieces are $200, but I'd say shirts and stuff like that is $300+

Dunno really about knits and stuff.

Jackets/coats (not leather) are DKK10,000+, which is $2,000+.

I don't know about leather pieces. The F/W08 fur coat will retail at about $30,000 (no - that's not a typo).

As I wrote previously, most stores stopped carrying the brand or considering to do so, due to the increased pricing. The ones that have it left are A'Pair, &Pagne and 1206. There's also a store called NAG that used to carry Annhagen but didn't buy F/W08 (but I think there's still plenty of S/S 08 left). If you want I can do some proxy work for you. :)

[/quote]

Hey Hwith,

Can you tell me some details about the fitting, especially compared to Dior Homme?

And is Danemark/Sweden really the only place where i can get her stuff or is there any online shop?

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                • Jun 2007

I really really like how the the pants fit on this guy. It motivated me to take a look at Ann Hagen's collection on her website. On the website, the pants don't fit as well as shown here.

Perhaps she needs to find a better model casting coordinator who has an eye that will find models that work with Hagen's clothes rather than the other way around. Thats just my $0.02.

[quote user="croatoan"]

[/quote]

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Well i like the fit of the upperwear on most pics on the website...but i am not sure how the models are built...i am quite skinny so if the whole stuff fits loose it wouldnt be mine anyway.

So is there someone who can share his experiences with us?

Comment

• Joe
                    • Jun 2007

The Annhagen I have, and have tried on, have all been very slim. As for where to find, I would look in Denmark (Very hard to get in Sweden). Hwith mentioned some stores earlier that was selling I think. You could always ask for pickup's if they won't ship.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

I was only emphasizing on the fitment about the pants and how it doesnt stack or twist so well.

[quote user="theaddict"]

Well i like the fit of the upperwear on most pics on the website...but i am not sure how the models are built...i am quite skinny so if the whole stuff fits loose it wouldnt be mine anyway.

So is there someone who can share his experiences with us?

[/quote]

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Yeah if someone could help with a local pickup...that would be nice.

But first of all i have to be sure about the sizing since i dont want to order stuff that doesnt fit me...damn, there is no shop around where i can try stuff on...

Comment

• Pinoy
                          • Dec 2006

very interesting indeed! shame about the price point though? IMO quite well designed and not contrived at all.

im headed to tokyo this weekend and will make sure to stop by and check out her stuff

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

Annhagen currently aims to build a name for itself outside of Denmark. I've seen it sold on quite a few japanse webstores and I know they've opened an office in Paris, so I guess you can find it there. The models on the website (especially FW08, it seems) are ultra skinny - look at his legs. I'd say he is a size 46 in DH (assuming he is rather high, if he's about 180 cm I'd even say a small 46/big 44, also depending on which items we're talking). Anyways, I don't really know the fit of Annhagen nowadays, but as someone mentioned earlier many pieces are very slim and stretchy - this goes especially for the light tops. Some of it is meant to be a bit oversized - but you can see it on the website, I guess. As a reference I'm size 46 in DH suits and S in Ann Demeulemeester. I could try some clothes on for you if needed.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

theaddict - just email them, i'm sure they'll provide you with a stocklist. Sien in Antwerp carries her stuff, but it's women's only.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"]theaddict - just email them, i'm sure they'll provide you with a stocklist. Sien in Antwerp carries her stuff, but it's women's only.
                                [/quote]

I already did[73]

Lets see what they say...thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎