• Mar 2007

Re: style inspirationz.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[quote user="kira"]I dont think it is that literal. But what you look at and what you are drawn to through your senses, affects your being. I think some may be aware of that more consciously and thus the images presented, others are affected more subconsciously. Everything that we sense affects us in some way, regardless of your awareness. Images, sound, touch, taste...promote a certain feeling, attraction, mood, etc. that stays with us and eventually becomes a part of our expression, becomes a part of our being.
      [/quote]

I think the reason I don't see it here is that all these imagesare what people would like to believe is their inspiration but as compared to their day to day outfits it just doesn't carry over to the colors and lines of say jeans/t shirt and sneaks like cas wears for example. If you broaden it to non-literal things than anything can be passed off as inspiration really.

[/quote]

Exactly. I still maintain that this thread is about what inspires your style, that is what you wear. You can be inspired by these images in other areas of life, that's fine, but I just don't see how it relates to one's sartorial choices.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
        • Aug 2007

havent we gone over this already. 'inspiration' itself is pretty abstract. so it can relate directly or
        indirectly. like when a band cites its musical influences some can be
        very obvious and sometimes its like 'uh, you dont really sound at all
        like bob dylan.' but the point is maybe as kids they grew up listening
        to bob dylan and he just inspires them to make decent music with some
        soul even if it doesnt sound all folksy with harmonicas and shit. same shit occurs with designers all the time; sometimes a collections influences are very overt and sometimes theyre a lot more mute almost unidentifiable but the end product is a collection of clothes and its not really up to us to refute how they got to where they got. why is it any different for us?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]havent we gone over this already. 'inspiration' itself is pretty abstract. so it can relate directly or
          soul even if it doesnt sound all folksy with harmonicas and shit. same shit occurs with designers all the time; sometimes a collections influences are very overt and sometimes theyre a lot more obscure almost unidentifiable but the end product in a collection of clothes and its not really up to us to refute how they got where they got. why is it any different for us?
          [/quote]

because we are talking about something much more narrow, i guess. remember, we are not creators here, we are talking about dressing.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]havent we gone over this already. 'inspiration' itself is pretty abstract. so it can relate directly or
            soul even if it doesnt sound all folksy with harmonicas and shit. same shit occurs with designers all the time; sometimes a collections influences are very overt and sometimes theyre a lot more obscure almost unidentifiable but the end product is a collection of clothes and its not really up to us to refute how they got to where they got. why is it any different for us?
            [/quote]

I agree completely. Also, the vast majority of pics in this thread are of people wearing clothes, so I don't see what the issue is. [:^)]

And besides, style is more than just sartorial choices, no?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• delroylindo
              • Sep 2007

Pretty self-explanatory

Comment

• Aug 2007

[quote user="laika"]

soul even if it doesnt sound all folksy with harmonicas and shit. same shit occurs with designers all the time; sometimes a collections influences are very overt and sometimes theyre a lot more obscure almost unidentifiable but the end product is a collection of clothes and its not really up to us to refute how they got to where they got. why is it any different for us?
                [/quote]

I agree completely. Also, the vast majority of pics in this thread are of people wearing clothes, so I don't see what the issue is. [:^)]

And besides, style is more than just sartorial choices, no?

[/quote]

yeah maybe some of the pictures came off a bit confusing, but i dont see how mesh and i guess faust cant make the connection between a photo of a mens s/s ann look and what i wear everyday lately which is pretty much solely a mix of ann s/s 06 and and ss07. next stop...rocket science.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[86]

Maybe people could explain what kinds of images they think are appropriate? Because i'm still confused about the problem here....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• delroylindo
                    • Sep 2007

For serious this time

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Is that literal enough? The unshaved face, constant smoking, tuxedo worn without a care, black and white.

Comment

• Aug 2007

u guys even hold ur cigarette the same :)

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]u guys even hold ur cigarette the same :)
                            [/quote]

Indeed. And I couldn't find the images I wanted. At some point he'd have an uniform consisting of a suit jacket with a tee with the collar cutoff.

Comment

• Purity
                              • Apr 2007

[img][/img]

Both because of the nonchalance and the clothing.

Like the one scene from martin scorecese's No direction home, when Dylan is walking over the table in a hotel (couldn't find a picture); i just find that totally fucking cool.

[img][/img]

I guess my inspirations are of more literal sense although that's not to say i can't be inspired by something less concrete.

Comment

• Purity
                                • Apr 2007

haha, lucky you guys: four pictures instead of two. I'm just glad i managed to post the pictures, so if it's ok for everyone I won't make any attempt at fixing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎