Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muzuen
    • May 2012

Chinorlz, Ah I heard about Floor Obsessions from friends of mine that went down to NYC for a battle.. Says that they were throwing down in a cypher with them. I'm getting old myself and need to start earning my stripes soon lol.

Trouble, that's awesome man. I know that Abe had moved here about a year ago. I heard he's organized a lot of events in vancity. Street dancers on SZ.. who would've known?

Comment

• j100000
      • May 2014

What I do

Long story short, after high school i got into a Counseling course then half way through I realized it wasn't for me, I now work as a receptionist at my parents medical center and at the same time I am also being trained to be the practice manager.

Fair boring, but Im just happy to have an income of some sort.

Comment

• pilgrim
        • Apr 2014

Volunteer at Ronald McDonald house charities. Basically cleaning up the house. Working towards being a house manager. I'm a student, working towards an MBA and possibly a law degree. Considering the Kennedy school.

Jesuit education. I've been very fortunate, it's been a challenging path.

Anybody else at Jesuit universities?

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

playing videogames all day according to faust.

raised by the stick, walked out at an early age (never contacted associates of the time since) and been wary of all seen and prone to questioning ANY 'good deed' at face value especially if i'm not having to offset favour?
          it was the last piece of the puzzle, the world is set up that way. (which is why i have zero human contact bar a few friends)
          i'm the last person to advise on trust, as i don't trust my own judgement when it comes to basic survival. (although, i do a great job, it's cold, calculated and logical)
          yes, i do low-level drugs constantly, takes me out of the blue-blooded 'R complex' fold, booze sometimes, but not so as much as i would like.

started from the ground up, redefined what it is i like/enjoy, and stuck to it, EVEN if the masses judged for it, afterall, they're NOT putting food on the table, NOT related and DON'T have your best interests at heart.
          losing the ability to care is too easy, i'm there right now, but i have a quality of living, erecting barriers has helped to retain it. (but i'll NEVER take at expense of others/care what they think, total evasion)

never a good day to lose friends, been there, and i'll be joining them in due course.
          keeping my chin up, there's a strange vibe in the air, i really believe a lot of humanity is wired to feed on misery and suffering of others, just as much as wall street bargains with our very birth certificates as STOCKS/bonds!
          i don't show them anything, no sadness, no happiness, KEEP it all to myself and share with my most trusted, REAL friends WILL back you, i'll know them by the actions/mindsets they display. (and if i die just having ONE friend at my side, it exceeded all my ethereal expectations)

doing what i want to do, being around the folks that have the crowd well being at heart, avoiding the materialistic folks, they're a BIG part of the problem, looking to fleece/screw folks for their own profit.

being young and jaded WILL destroy you mentally. (take it from somebody whos a social pariah)
          show yourself moderation on substances and mindset.
          you have it to play for, don't back down now, and DON'T give the 'predators' of this world the satisfaction, rise above em, never look back.

really hope to pull out of the mindset, future is now, look to it, and do the things i enjoy. (screw what the masses think)
          stayiing strong and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ ah, so you are a rapper in the making!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

That was strange but kind of poetic, and sad. That could sound epic spoken over an instrumental.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shogun8
                • Sep 2013

Very interesting thread. I'll treat this as an opportunity for a brief introduction.

I'm sure I'm a lot older than most SZers, so perspective, motivations, fears, etc. are going to be a lot different, except of course for our mutual appreciation of this forum and the designers and industry it represents.

For many years, I have worked in and owned my own corporate travel event planning company. I'm also a partner in a small property development company which specializes in design-oriented projects. Before the comments of "baller" start reverberating around these hallowed halls, understand that being an entrepreneur involves high levels of debt, risk and insecurity (and I'll leave it at that). Despite many challenges over the years (and this is certainly a challenging time now), I have managed to enjoy a good lifestyle with my family, with a nice house, travel, good health, relationships, etc.. I'm also a collector of various things (as reflected in the thread I tried to start in the "Culture" forum), but not of fashion, which I regard a little differently.

My collecting interests have recently led me to curating my first large exhibition in an institution - with an extremely prominent celebrity as my guest curator - which has received amazing international press and reviews and has only whetted my appetite for other shows which I would like to do.

With children who are the age of some of you here, I worry greatly about the economy and the world that you're all walking into - and which we're all having to live in.

In any event, I continue to seek inspiration in everything I do and SZ is part of that quest.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎