X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

This Is What I Do

After being inspired by recent events on RSG, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can talk about what we do and/or promote our work. I know there are a lot of people with creative occupations and I would love to hear from you.</p>

I'll add more later, but I'm currently uploading some of my pieces to my myspace alias. It's a work in progress so I apologize for the lack of info:</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px;">http://www.myspace.com/planesandangles </span> </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
    music
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: This Is What I Do

Very cool Casey!!!</P>

Hmm, ok I'll be the second in line :)</P>

I'm a medical student currently living down here in Texas... likely pursuing a surgical specialty after exploring many fields.</P>

I probably spend an equal amount of time designing and constructing clothes/accessories and soon furniture and will be launching a website with all of this in the coming months once school finishes for the year. I have a sketchbook and I fill it with all kinds of fun things that I hope to realize soon!</P>

I play paintball on the weekends (been doing so since '98)and would love to play more tournaments but time is limited no? I sleep few enough hours as it is hahaha. Also play the piano and do scratch turntablism when i have the time and set up my decks hehehe. </P>

I'm a bboy and have been breaking since '99 on the regular. My crew is Florox and we're based out of Boston/NYC with academia taking us to a few other cities but we still get together regularly to practice and to enter jams. Dancing is great. The perfect self expression while building strength, balance, stamina and everything in between. I love every moment of pushing my body to the limit.</P>

I also run Cycle-Two.com which has put me in touch with people all over the world from all sorts of backgrounds in ways that I would have never imagined a little over a year ago when I launched the site. It's become a real passion of mine and I need to keep reminding myself to get on my studies hahaha. Not a problem so far though... I buckle down when I need to and am in the top 10% of my class at the moment (*whew*).</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Great idea for a thread! Love to see what everyone else writes!</P>
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

Just got out of my job as an auditor about a month ago, I'm looking to get a career in writing/journalism now as it's an area where I feel I'm stronger in and have more of an interest towards. I like to write short, stream of consciousness prose every now and then in an inspired moment so I don't forget some of the images that I get in my head (I tend to forget a lot of things).</p>

Ultimately though I'd like to find an avenue where I can express my creativity visually...it's more of a dream than anything, but I'd love to do hands on work like art direction and directing films and maybe even writing a book or a screenplay some day. It's just I don't have any training or capital to get on with this kinda stuff. I also would like to extend my vision in a more practical, commercial sense by helping out companies with brand and image building.
      </p>

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

hmm ok, I've workedwithin graphic design and marketingfor the past 7 or so years,a while ago I ran marketing for a small company for a couple of years, after that I've mostly worked on individual projects with various companies. for a while I worked together with a local advertising agency doing advertising, web design and photography. I've also worked with a investment company and done investment work myself,which is more along the lines of my education which I'm currently finishing. this is pretty much how I make my living but I'd love to be able to do something more creative in the future as well.</P>

as far as other stuff, I enjoy photography, writing and such and am currently in the process of starting a magazine project which you might hear more about soon ;)</P>
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Right now I am a footwear merchandiser/developer in the action sports industry and we specialize in skate shoes. I do way too many things to list, most of which are very tedious (think lots of emails, excel spreadsheets, etc.). I've worked in the action sports industry for about 5 years now, doing sample coordination before for a big company which included everything from kids to snow apparel and accessories. During that job and my current job, I started doing freelance graphic design work which consisted of print, apparel design, as well as hard parts (aluminum, 3D parts). </p>

I'm really looking for something in fashion, preferably a buyer/merchandiser position. Something that I can use my love for fashion and design as well as, what I would consider my 'nack' for trending. I'll always continue to do some freelance for whomever as it always gives me an outlet outside of my normal 9-5. Furniture design is also something I am dabbling in and I hope to further that hobby of mine and see where it might take me.</p>

Outside of work, my days are usually filled of; Music, riding my fixie [75], gym, drawing, movies, and surfing. </p>
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• aruva
            • Dec 2007

Working as software consultant for anIT consulting firm. Freelanced as an independent consultant for a long time, but with insecure market ,decided to be a part of corporation .(It was not my first choice,but hey,it pays my bills and makes me visit half the world )..But at the end of the day ,my love would be towards travel,design,music and theater.Dreaming of someday when I can quit this job and just do what I always cherished.</P>

Comment

• Pinoy
              • Dec 2006

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Times; font-size: 16px; "><div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 8px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 8px; ">Hi everyone? </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 8px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 8px; ">Currently I'm an undergraduate going to a small liberal arts college in Claremont, CA. I'm currently pursuing a double-major in economics and media-studies and am hoping to get into strategy and management consulting when I graduate next year. If anyone has connections at McKinsey/BCG/Bain here and can get me a job, I'm all ears. :P</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 8px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 8px; ">I've always loved photography and pursued it a professional level while in high school but have toned it down lately due to college. If you're interested, I've got some photos up here.</div></span>

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

Best of luck in your studies and future career, danieldy! And if you attend the college that I'm thinking of, you've already got a head start compared to me as I was rejected from said college ;)

Comment

• klangspiel
                  • Apr 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4-i5MAt9w</p>

nah, not really. most of the time though, i wish i did</p>

Comment

• nevermind
                    • Sep 2007

^ haha. ive only recently been introduced to it, but butoh is quite interesting would love to see a live show one day

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                      • Mar 2007

I work at a design agency as a "creative technologist" doing art direction, design, rapid prototyping, and experimental/advanced interface work... </p>

I also run a label called This Generation Tapes (myspace.com/thisgenerationtapes) i do A&amp;R and manage stuff as well as all the graphics. I also do freelance art direction and design for album layouts (mostly for metal / thinking man's metal type bands)

</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

yo, is the name "strangers die every day" taken from the red scare record that was on troubleman a while ago?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

ahh i clicked on this thread thinkin i'd finally find out what ddohnggo does...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

ha. </p>

basically i worked in tech consulting for 3.5 years after graduating college. now i work for a marketing/advertising company in nyc that deals with online marketing, working in the strategy and analysis group. ;)</p>

i also run a small record label.</p>
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• matthewhk
                              • Jan 2007

that strategy/analysis gig with marketing sounds like something that would be interesting to do...i'm currently in the middle of applying for some market research firms in the area of qualitative analysis, maybe not exactly the same but sounds kind of similar. </p>

Another idea I have toyed around with is I want to open a think tank and launch pad for young artists of all forms of expression to gain exposure and get their work out there.
                              </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎