X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: tokyo & kyoto shops

Number Nine....here is my best possible description of how to get there. When you go to the JR Ebisu station, you'll notice there's one "big" street on your right with a FedEx....don't go in that direction. Where the public washrooms are, go directly down the stairs and then straight into the smaller street. Keep going down this road until you run into the street swerving right in a 90 degree angle, it should be roughly in that vicinity and its entrance is not labelled, it is just a red brick opening leading to stairs that go down into the underground.

come to think of it that description probably doesn't help at all since there's a few small streets near the station and it can be misleading. If i was there i could show you, but hard to put into words.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"][quote user="Faust"]

interesting. in new york, hip looking people lead me to american apparel and urban outfitters.

[/quote]

maybe you need a new definition of hip.

[/quote]

you mean "we" as in "society"

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

didn't go over to ginza? :)

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

nothing good in ginza. Even the rich women are already taken :(

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

yep nothing good in ginza indeed...that area strikes me as so euro-fied

this sales lady at Boucheron was hot but her tits were fake

Comment

• ikomas
              • Mar 2007

Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

i don't really like yohji but that's just me.

there's a new high fashion select shop in omotesando hills. forgot the name.

Did you check out gyre? From the streets, it looks like another one of those fruity omotesando shopping complex b/c the first floor is BVLGARI. But on the fourth floor is Maison Martin Margiela. They have the largest stock of MMM in the world. They sell artisanal there too.

Did you check out midwest / heathen?

Comment

• ikomas
                • Mar 2007

Ginza:

Barneys

Uniqlo flagship with lots of exclusive items

Malonier gate - new shoppin[:O]g complex with stores like Hysteric Glamour

LANVIN

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="ikomas"] Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

Did you check out gyre? From the streets, it looks like another one of those fruity omotesando shopping complex b/c the first floor is BVLGARI. But on the fourth floor is Maison Martin Margiela. They have the largest stock of MMM in the world. They sell artisanal there too.

[/quote]

I saw that Margiela store but didnt go there for some reason, we might've been in a bit of a hurry.

Midwest was nice, I think I listed it in the first post.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="ikomas"]

Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

[/quote]

Hmmm, what would IF owners say to that?! BTW, only MMM boutiques are allowed to carry the artisanal lines. Smart motherfuckers. God, I wish I could afford that insane wedding dress from two years ago. I'd marry my wife all over again...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dream
                      • Nov 2007

thanks for this mike. will be very helpful.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

ginza barneys had some good stuff that was bought up early in the sales over in shinjuku. worth checking out around sale time if you've got time to kill.

and there's that crazy store... lots of rick and galliano and other brands. forgot the name.

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

Restir? good selection of euro brands if you're into them, but of course very expensive as it goes without saying given its japan

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

So yesterday I visited a bunch of shops in Shibuya.

Visited Boutique W, Backlash, Attachment (both shops), S.O.S., all the Lift shops, and on and on. In total, there were 0 items in my size. Was cool to see, but looks like I won't be shopping for any clothes in Tokyo.

My brother is much smaller than me (shorter, narrower shoulders, narrower hips, smaller waist, shorter arms, smaller stomach, all around compact). There was nothing in his size. The closest we found was one size 50 Poell jacket, which was too narrow through the chest, otherwise good. Heh, money saving I suppose.

Backlash may have been my favorite. My brother liked a leather shirt/tunic thing with 3/4 length sleeves. The guy at the shop helped him get it on, or start to get it on. It fit him through the chest (we checked at the start), but the sleeves were too slim for his arms and the shoulders about 3" too narrow. It got halfway on, and my brother yelped (in japanese) "it's too tight, help." Dude pushed it on another 3 inches, completely trapping my brother, and just collapsed laughing. Was awesome.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

So yesterday I visited a bunch of shops in Shibuya.

Visited Boutique W, Backlash, Attachment (both shops), S.O.S., all the Lift shops, and on and on. In total, there were 0 items in my size. Was cool to see, but looks like I won't be shopping for any clothes in Tokyo.

My brother is much smaller than me (shorter, narrower shoulders, narrower hips, smaller waist, shorter arms, smaller stomach, all around compact). There was nothing in his size. The closest we found was one size 50 Poell jacket, which was too narrow through the chest, otherwise good. Heh, money saving I suppose.

Backlash may have been my favorite. My brother liked a leather shirt/tunic thing with 3/4 length sleeves. The guy at the shop helped him get it on, or start to get it on. It fit him through the chest (we checked at the start), but the sleeves were too slim for his arms and the shoulders about 3" too narrow. It got halfway on, and my brother yelped (in japanese) "it's too tight, help." Dude pushed it on another 3 inches, completely trapping my brother, and just collapsed laughing. Was awesome.

[/quote]

[86]

Hope your having a blast out there in the land of the rising sun!

Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"] Boutique W[/quote]

was pissed that I completely forgot W when I was there

what size are you if you couldn't find anything? I'm a slim 50 and still managed to round up quite a bit of stuff, if everything would've been available in my size I would've spent way too much [79]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎