X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Also, if I had to pick one of the dept stores - Isetan, Beams, and United Arrows - sounds like Isetan is the one to visit? Ideally, I wouldn't want to spend my entire Tokyo trip shopping
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

Yeah, Isetan Shinjuku is probably the best one-stop destination for clothes. As pointed out above, housewares isn't bad and the basement food area is fantastic as well

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
        Yeah, Isetan Shinjuku is probably the best one-stop destination for clothes. As pointed out above, housewares isn't bad and the basement food area is fantastic as well
        Ive never even been to united arrows or beams, and i live here
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          Ive never even been to united arrows or beams, and i live here
          Well, sounds like a pretty good case for not going into those two.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

basically ISETAN has everything and its all on the second floor (if you really really have to see TB and Margiela ) 3rd floor.

Dover is a better and more educational experience imo, its also connected to the worlds biggest uniqlo
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I'm hitting up DSM for sure and the CDG flagship - thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Williebabzan
                • Jul 2008

I'm going to Tokyo for the first time in the end of November. Just started looking through this thread, I think I'll go shopping for one day maximum two. Where should I go? CDG flagship and DSM is musts ofcourse, where else? I want to be able to go to as many places as possible. Mostly looking for CDG, yohji, maybe some soloist, Undercoverism etc. Btw, how is the retail prices compared to Europe?

What else can't I miss while being there? Staying for 5 days.

Thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Strange, I have looked through this entire thread yesterday and all these questions have been answered.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sunny
                    • Dec 2012

[QUOTE=TriggerDiscipline;504776]basically ISETAN has everything and its all on the second floor (if you really really have to see TB and Margiela ) 3rd floor.

Yes Isetan has everything yohji, julius, RO, the soloist, the viridi anne.....

Comment

• sunny
                      • Dec 2012

I am going to Tokyo in coming January and will be staying the hotel near to Isetan.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

but in the mens building in the back in a different building to the main isetan just saying

Comment

• sunny
                          • Dec 2012

One more thing is you can get tax free (tax return) in Isetan Shinjuku's store immediately.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                            • Aug 2008

I'd recommend the Daikanyama T-site for something interesting to do. Daikanyama itself is worth checking out (very close to Shibuya) and the T-site is a treasure trove of books. There's also some very good food in that neighborhood, and Lift if you are into that sort of thing

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                              I'd recommend the Daikanyama T-site for something interesting to do. Daikanyama itself is worth checking out (very close to Shibuya) and the T-site is a treasure trove of books. There's also some very good food in that neighborhood, and Lift if you are into that sort of thing
                              Yep, T-Site is high on my list, thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• monster
                                • Aug 2009

Not quite a shop information, but since some members are looking through the thread for some quick tips, I highly recommend to visit Undercover 25-th year retrospective exhibition, hold in Tokyo opera city art gallery not far from Shinjuku. The exhibition will last till October 23. It's all inspiration!

Another interesting place to visit, I didn't pay much attention to before is Volga Volga showroom situated near Bakuro-cho station. Visited it yesterday and had a very warm conversation with Mr. Panteleev himself.

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎