Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comedyzen
    • May 2009

Thanks for the sushi recommendations. Will research and check out. Was in Fukayawa this past weekend for the Fish Festival. Fun times. To my surprise, I had great sushi in the basement of a mall at a stall with revolving sushi. Normally in LA, I wouldn't even consider eating here, but it was good and the quality was up there with the Katsu-Ya chain and maybe a step below Nozawa. But the best part, I stuffed my heathen ass full for only $40. Seared sweet shrimp for less than $3, uni for $5.

Back on the shop. It is Isetan's Mens shop I want to hit.....as I noticed that there are 4-5 different Isetan's. Are the others worth checking? Not sad about no Devoa flagship because chances are nothing will fit my 50 frame anyway.

Comment

• croatoan
      • Jul 2007

If you do go out to Kichijoji for AL, be sure also to stop by the lovely Inokashira Park.

and while not "sushi", for sashimi and fish in general, I love Orai in Meguro. Here. Nearby there is also a newer place which was really good and cheap. I don't remember the exact location, but it was on the same street and a rather large and recognizable wood frame-looking place. I think three floors or so.

Comment

• comedyzen
        • May 2009

Ummmm Lift Ecru is the most amazing store and the owner is one of the most dapper/handsomest guy I've ever seen.

I have officially saved over $4k because the Backlash leather was too small, the Julius Leather was too small, the Julius cargo pants was too small, the Jun Hashimoto shirts were too small, the Carpe Diem jacket was too small, the 08Sircus blazer was too small, the Shellac leather was too small ***sigh***. Purchases so far: Porter camera case, Uniqlo Japanese Selvedge slim cut Jeans that are made in Japan.

Orai sounds interesting and will definitely hit Inokashira Park if I make it to AL. The parks here are so vibrant. Went by one today with my gf and it was great listening to the different musicians at every other corner. I bought a CD (first time in years) from one of them. Should I bother with AL? I love Devoa, but doubt they will carry size 5 (like Archive).

Comment

• croatoan
          • Jul 2007

I haven't actually made in to AL as they seemed to be closed or having some event every time I pass by. But if you are into parks, Inokashira is an absolute must. The atmosphere there over the weekends is the best. So I would still recommend going out to the area at least for that.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

I don't think I've ever even seen size 3s at AL before. And should there be any, they're likely pre-orders from customers, ie not for sale.
            They don't open everyday, and when they do, it's from 3pm on. It's actually better to make an appointment, that's what I always do prior to every visit.

I second on Inokashira Park.
            Shimokitazawa is another nice, bustling area.
            Jiyugaoka too....and you can pop into Carrefour (LUC, Guidi, Obscur, Schneider, Mihara, ...)

Comment

• boxma
              • Feb 2007

Did anybody go to Julius shop in Ebisu? does it have more variety of stuff than Isetan Men? I could not find the shop last year, and am not sure if i should try again this year. Thanks.

Comment

• comedyzen
                • May 2009

I was there....yes, more variety than Isetan. It will be easier to find now that they have a large sign with the Julius story displaying now.

Other than Barneys, Isetan, and Ragtag, are there any other shops worth visiting in Shinjuku? Looking for Japanese labels. I am also interested in quality, non SZ discussed labels too. I like some of the non military WJK, but it is all shrinky dink.

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

Disk Union is a must-visit if music is your thing. The jazz megastore is across from Rag Tag and nearby, on the same street, is the rock, etc store. I never end up doing much clothes shopping/browsing in Shinjuku..

Comment

• boxma
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
                    I was there....yes, more variety than Isetan. It will be easier to find now that they have a large sign with the Julius story displaying now.

Other than Barneys, Isetan, and Ragtag, are there any other shops worth visiting in Shinjuku? Looking for Japanese labels. I am also interested in quality, non SZ discussed labels too. I like some of the non military WJK, but it is all shrinky dink.
                    thanks for the information. I hope I can find tje Julius shop this time. It's n a residential area, i spent half an hour and still could not find the shop.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

if you're talking about the julius flagship store in daikanyama, when at the train station, take the side exit. not the main entrance. i think its the one on the left. when you exit the station on to the road, turn left, and just keep walking. you'll see julius after like a 5-10 mins walk. really easy.

Comment

• boxma
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                        if you're talking about the julius flagship store in daikanyama, when at the train station, take the side exit. not the main entrance. i think its the one on the left. when you exit the station on to the road, turn left, and just keep walking. you'll see julius after like a 5-10 mins walk. really easy.
                        Last time i went to Ebisu station. I'll try Daikanyama station and follow your instruction. Do you know if there will be sales in the flagship store after Jan 1? I heard some flagship stores such as UC never put stuff on sales, and only have sales in stores like Isetan.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

like wad i said, get out the left. turn left. and continue on the path down. red dot is julius. its on the left side of the road. doesnt get any easier

Comment

• Slangking
                            • Nov 2010

Comedyzen, Midwest might be worth a look. It's not far from Ragtag. They had some Individual Sentiments, Viridi-Anne etc.

Comment

• jumpoff
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Slangking View Post
                              Comedyzen, Midwest might be worth a look. It's not far from Ragtag. They had some Individual Sentiments, Viridi-Anne etc.
                              Midwest is located in Shibuya, not Shinjuku. Pretty nice store though.

Comment

• Slangking
                                • Nov 2010

Doh! I got confused with my areas. Is there a Ragtag in Shinjuku as well then?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎