X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

when I was in corso como (this was a couple of years ago though), the selection was pretty miserable. it was basically CDG + offshoots and a few pieces from the likes of balenciaga and lanvin. same for DSM, it was just CDG plus a couple of accessories from other labels.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
      Ginza also has lots of movie theaters, some nice pastries, the muji flagship (technically yurakucho I guess), and the coolest stationary department store ever, Ito-ya. It's worth a periodic trip if you're in the neighborhood.
      Good points. Also an amazing curry restaurant in an old rusty shack that's been there for like 50 years, a few blocks off chuo dori. Super cheap (at least for ginza), just 3 small tables, and run by this great old couple. Such a contrast to all the high end luxe that is surrounding it.

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        when I was in corso como (this was a couple of years ago though), the selection was pretty miserable. it was basically CDG + offshoots and a few pieces from the likes of balenciaga and lanvin. same for DSM, it was just CDG plus a couple of accessories from other labels.
        Apart from the usual CDG stuff, Corso Como also carries some Ann D, Frank Leder, Sacai and Paul Harnden. They carry Kolor too if I'm not mistaken. Also Lanvin as you mentioned and probably Balenciaga as well.

It's not one of Tokyo's must-go-to-stores, but definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

I added more to the list and put down some of the maps I used in my previous post.

jumpoff: I found Ragtag/Space Tokyo/Kind well organised for sure, but the sheer content of the multiple stores in multiple areas (Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc.) made me give up after awhile lol. I suppose I don't enjoy going through racks packed with clothing either...and days on end of shopping really drains you. But definitely worth a browse.

Now that you mention it, Barneys did have PH but there was only one coat in stock from memory. But yeah...imported goods in Japan =

10 Corso Como...for odd some odd reason I couldn't find it.

Comment

• jumpoff
            • Jan 2008

10 Corso Como is right next to Undercover.

Regarding the second hand stores I just pop in if I'm in the neighborhood and never go in with any expectations. The Ragtag in Ginza is probably the best of the Ragtag stores but I've only been there once, as like chameleon said, it's not a area I find myself in often. In these stores, if I find something I like at a good price it's just a bonus. Like when I got my Cloak fw04 fencing for 8k at Kind in Kyoto.

Comment

• chameleon
              • Jun 2008

yeah, isn't it located right inbetween undercover and y-3? It's reasonably big so it's funny how you could've missed it.

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
              In these stores, if I find something I like at a good price it's just a bonus. Like when I got my Cloak fw04 fencing for 8k at Kind in Kyoto.
              yeah, you can make some amazing deals at these stores. Condition is usually great too. Stuff like that usually sells the same day though, so you have to be either lucky or diligent.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                Apart from the usual CDG stuff, Corso Como also carries some Ann D, Frank Leder, Sacai and Paul Harnden. They carry Kolor too if I'm not mistaken. Also Lanvin as you mentioned and probably Balenciaga as well.

It's not one of Tokyo's must-go-to-stores, but definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.
                ok, sounds like I caught it at a time with low stock / uninteresting selection, or it has changed a bit over the past years.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask this question...but here goes...aside from ShelterII, any other shops worth checking out in Kobe?

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Does anybody know for how long the "Dead End" CCP exhibition will be running at Lift in Tokyo?
                    Cheers
                    T
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• franz
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                      Does anybody know for how long the "Dead End" CCP exhibition will be running at Lift in Tokyo?
                      Cheers
                      T
                      +1, if anyone knows
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                        • Mar 2007

Re: Dead End / CCP installation @ Lift

End date hasn't been decided yet....will be up till at least end May...

Comment

• franz
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                          End date hasn't been decided yet....will be up till at least end May...

Nice. I'll be there in 10 days, can't wait!
                          True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• franz
                            • Mar 2011

just back from Japan.

Never saw so much Guidi shoes anywhere else. We could not believ a brand that is sold in only one store in Paris could be found in at least 3 or 4 different stores in Tokyo.
                            And not just one or two pairs : more like 5 to 10 different pairs sometimes!

The CCP exhibition at Lift is great, and again, never saw such a wide selection of CCP in any store.

Unfortunately, I wear large sizes, shoes as well as clothes, so no shopping for me!!

Comment

• raddy
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by franz View Post
                              fortunately, I wear large sizes, shoes as well as clothes, so no shopping for me!!
                              I'll be there for most of the summer too haunting wherever I can leech wireless
                              Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

CdG Aoyama

10 Corso Como has closed down...
                                .... and Dover Street Market Ginza opens its doors March 16.
                                Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 03-17-2012, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎