Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supel
    • Apr 2011

Does anyone know where the Soloist store is situated? I can imagine it being as challenging and random as the n(n) store was. Thanks!

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

The Soloist

Comment

• myname
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by rilu
        i don't have a question about buying in Tokyo or Kyoto, but i thought this thread might still be the best place to ask about the label Journal Standard - can someone comment on the quality of their linen/cotton/hemp knits?
        Sorry I just saw this comment now Rilu. Journal Standard's quality is quite good actually - especially as their stuff is relatively inexpensive. They stock a wide range (of their own brand and others), and the price and quality of the brands usually reflects the area (i.e. the shop in Aoyama will have better quality - and higher pricing - than the shop in Shinjuku).

Comment

• the-orb
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by franz View Post
          just back from Japan.

Never saw so much Guidi shoes anywhere else. We could not believ a brand that is sold in only one store in Paris could be found in at least 3 or 4 different stores in Tokyo.
          And not just one or two pairs : more like 5 to 10 different pairs sometimes!
          Yeah, I was quite amazed at that too, especially considering that the retail prices compared to Paris were about 50% higher. And footwear was the one thing that I could easily find in my size. With great difficulty, I had to resist paying around $2K USD for a pair of Guidi side zips that fit me just perfectly.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Guidi is stocked in 4 stores in NYC. It's just LEclaireur has a lock on many good brands in Paris.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the-orb
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Guidi is stocked in 4 stores in NYC. It's just LEclaireur has a lock on many good brands in Paris.
              4 stores? Atelier, IF and Hotoveli, I assume. What's the other one if it's not women's only? I want to be ready with a plan since I might be in NYC for a few days this summer

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

EvaGentry. Women's only.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by franz View Post
                  Never saw so much Guidi shoes anywhere else. We could not believ a brand that is sold in only one store in Paris could be found in at least 3 or 4 different stores in Tokyo.
                  its like 10-15 stores in tokyo. they love Guidi.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tron
                    • Dec 2010

I'm going to be travelling to japan (tokyo and surrounding cities) later this year - Are there any stores I absolutely have to visit? I have a list already but I'd love any insight the forum could offer.
                    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I hope to go this fall and I am looking to two things - Japanese fashion not available outside of Japan and some of those incredible ceramics. I wanna bring a suitcase for the ceramics alone...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuugaia
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by tron View Post
                        I'm going to be travelling to japan (tokyo and surrounding cities) later this year - Are there any stores I absolutely have to visit? I have a list already but I'd love any insight the forum could offer.
                        Tokyo: Lift Etage/Lift Ecru and Boutique W
                        Kyoto: Mindtrive

Those are the 'absolutes' for me anyway. If you like a particular brand, it's always good to visit their flagship. Except Viridi Anne...that's just small and out of the way lol.

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                          Tokyo: Lift Etage/Lift Ecru and Boutique W
                          Kyoto: Mindtrive

Those are the 'absolutes' for me anyway. If you like a particular brand, it's always good to visit their flagship. Except Viridi Anne...that's just small and out of the way lol.
                          Lift is definitely at the top of my list along with the julius and rick flagships. I'm going to be traveling around for several months so going out of the way shant be a problem. Thanks a lot though I'll definitely look in to boutique W and mindtrive as I've never heard of them
                          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

Definitely the Lift stores, and while in that area, might as well drop by the KKA flagship (they usually have pretty decent basics).
                            Also, if your interests extend to architectural spaces/bookshops/etc, you have to go check out the new Daikanyama T-Site (http://tsite.jp/daikanyama/). The Tsutaya bookshop there is simply amazing.

Dover Street Market Ginza.
                            Also in Ginza, you can consider visiting Hankyu Men's, a departmental store that's modeling itself after Isetan Men's. The Monocle Cafe is housed at the basement (of Hankyu Men's)

(new) CDG Aoyama store.

Boutique W.

Carrefour. Opened by ex-Lift staff (http://www.couleur-coltd.com/brand-list-取り扱いブランド/)

Isetan Mens.

Barneys New York (luc, guidi, ma+, paul harnden) ... shinjuku & ginza.

Omotesando Hills .... Ann D boutique, Edition (guidi, luc)

I think The Viridi-anne flagship is worth checking out, and it's not that out of the way. Matter of personal tastes i guess...i always drop by VA, but no longer visit Julius anymore.

If you're going to Rick Owens, pop by Men's Shop by Arts&Science (http://www.arts-science.com/shoplist/mens_shop/), it's just across the street.

Comment

• Stijn
                              • Jun 2011

Going to Japan this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows a thing about fabric stores there? It's almost impossible to find nice drapey fabrics in the Netherlands

Comment

• editevening
                                • Nov 2008

hey dudes, I'm in tokyo next month and i have two questions. Is there anything new in the past 18 months that I definitely check out?

Jewellery shops? The GF is a jeweller and we're looking to find some solid shops. Any suggestions?
                                #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎