Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teeteet
    • Dec 2009

Tokyo has way too many cool boutiques, scattered all over. If you are short of time, just visit ISETAN men at Shinjuku. One of the best men's assortment, with a "dark" corner for SZ members.

Comment

• Magic1
      • Jan 2011

Cdg aoyama shop is phenomenal. Definitely worth checking out. In terms of looking for shops, make sure you know when they are open and have phenomenal directions. Shops are often closed on odd days and addresses are not helpful at all given they are assigned chronologically. Street signs are also few and far between.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

copy address from shop's website, paste onto google maps, and you're good to go. it's really that simple. no drama necessary...

Comment

• Stijn
          • Jun 2011

I just got back from Japan a few days ago, amazing experience!

Some stores I visited;

Yohji
          Amazing store, the SA's are extremely nice and helpful, speak English very well and they looked beautiful too, I bought a few things in the sale, jackets where around 300-400 euro and I got a pair of trousers for 180 euro. It's much cheaper in Japan and they offer tax-free shopping on top of that..

Ann
          The location of this store seemed so weird to me, it's not hard to find though, located in a shopping center, the store is very small and the clothes are very expensive compared to Europe; Sale items had the same price as non-sale items in Europe..
          They offer smaller sizes though, xs and xxs, the store in Antwerp normally only offers size small and up, sometimes xs but it's rare.

Ragtag Shibuya
          Really liked this store, very big selection, good prices, friendly SA's, nice to see things from older collections.

I found everything really easy to find, the subway is also very easy, everything is in English too and the people are extremely helpful. The only time I could not find something and was looking around confused there were already two people who came up to me to help me, you don't even have to ask.

Comment

• Magic1
            • Jan 2011

Has anyone else checked out Herz off of aoyama? its quite a leather store. Materials and construction top notch. designs lean towards industrial, americana, etc, but they definitely have a japanese aesthetic and the price point is very good given the quality.

Anyway, Yohji is also in Isetan. Issey Miyake is down from cdg aoyama. cdg aoyama also has a small collection of the m_memoria line, for those interested.

Comment

• Joker
              • Oct 2011

Does anyone know which store are selling Paul Harnden on Osaka/Tokyo?

Thanks

Comment

• jojje
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                Does anyone know which store are selling Paul Harnden on Osaka/Tokyo?

Thanks
                Barneys New York - Shinjuku, provides Harnden.
                Maybe Ginza store also.

Comment

• Magic1
                  • Jan 2011

And cdg

Comment

• Joker
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jojje View Post
                    Barneys New York - Shinjuku, provides Harnden.
                    Maybe Ginza store also.
                    Thanks mate, I must be drop in for my trip~

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Shopping in Kyoto today. The guys at Mindtrive told me about a shop near-by; Vektor. Definitely worth a visit if you're here. Lots of Devoa. Also Julius MA, and some Japanese brands I've never heard of. Nice place.

Comment

• WHITE.DEMON
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

figured I'd compile something since I've been yapping about different shops in other threads and have gotten some questions aboutplaces etc..

I also have some maps I made for my own use, but which could be useful for anyone going to either city.Tokyo Mapand Kyoto Map on Google maps.

Tokyo - Daikanyama

Lift Etage & Ecru - located close to each other, these two are in a shopping complex close to daikan-yama station. not that hard to find. very good selection of Carol Christian Poell at both (unfortunately biggest sizes are 46 and 48 in some stuff),Ecru has Rick Owens, Guidi, Stephan Schneider, Dries Van Noten... Etage hasLabel Under Construction, Ann Demeulemeester, Damir Doma, m.a+, Avantindietro and others. probably the best stores in tokyo. I didn't get a chance to go to Lift Position, but apparently they carry Raf Simons and such. Ecru had the cutest SA in the city <3

Julius - the flagship shop is on the second floor of a small small shopping arcade, a bit hard to find but its the only shopping aecade at the location. gloomy, dimly lit concrete interior with odd rainforest sounds. good selection of the line, about3/4 of the total stuff I've seen.

Attachment - two stores close to each other, other one is Kazuyuki Kumagai and other one plain Attachment. allright selection of the lines at both.

Aoyama

L'eclaireur - slightly off the street but not hard to find. stock wise quite dissapointing, not a huge selection and everything was disorganized. only one Poell piece on the racks, I had to ask for more and they only had 1-2 trousers, one shirt and one jacket all from an earlier season, Lift had a lot of new season already at this point. some random pieces from Dries, Berrini, Ann D, Rick Owens etc.. womens selection was a lot bigger.

Loveless - the store itself is amazing, like an underground dungeon so worth a look.the entrancegoes unnoticed easily, a stone staircase next to aGoyard store.stuff they have is very mixed, cant remember what brands they had but nothing that interested me a lot..

Comme Des Garcons - cool store, the usual selection of CDG stuff that available at most of their outlets.

10 Corso Como - dissapointing, mostly CDG stuff, some Lanvin and a couple of other brands, maybe Balenciaga or something. really boring compared to the original Corso Como.

Undercover - cool store, though personally I dont like the spring line much. good stock of it though, lots of womens wear as well.

Dover Street Market - I'm pissed I even walked here.. another CDG store with nothing but all the Comme basics available at every one of their sale points around the city. I dont know why they'd call in DSM if it has nothing to do with the original one..

Yohji Yamamoto - was closed when I got there, but it looked like a Y-3 store...?

Omotesando

N. Hollywood - one of the coolest stores concept and interior wise, hidden in a residential area somewhere behind Omotesando Hills.. at the end of a small dead end street, theres a metal gate and what looks like a wooden storefront from some smallrural town. the interior looks like a 50's-60's american home or office, very cool and surprising when you walk in.

Addition Adelaide - small store behind also Omotesando Hills, they had Raf Simons, some Rick Owens and others.. not a huge stock though.

Omotesando Hills - shopping complex that has a cool interior, houses the Ann Demeulemeester store as well a boutique called Edition. I had no idea what it was and simply went in after my girlfriend, only to notice a table full of m.a+ belts! their lineup is pretty weird with Stephan Schneider next to some Nudie Jeans.. a good selection of m.a+, some items from Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, Rick Owens, Whyred etc.

Harajuku

The Viridi-Anne - I love their latest collections so this was a must-go for me. small store with onlya signless black glass exterior. a good selection from s/s, though, friendly staff and apparently a regular customer decked in full V-A, who I thought worked there untill he payed for something..

Beams International Gallery - good lineup of designers incl Robert Geller, Rick Owens, Kolor and quite a few other brands I cant remember.. worth a visit for sure.

wjk - the store is inside the Laforet teenager mecca, which is good for eyeing shopper chicks I guess. decent selection of wjk and Reluxe stuff.

Shibuya

Via Bus Stop (Seibu)-if Alexander McQueenand Marc Jacobs are your homies, go here, not exactly what I expected.

Space Tokyo - two 2nd handstores, I checked the one next to Tokyu Hands. mostly the same stuff they have online as well, worth checking out for sure.

Midwest - nice selection of stuff on 4 floors, quite a bit of m.a+ including bags which are hard to come across. some Viridi-Anne, Mihara Yasuhiro, some local labels, ann demeulemeester, RO, Guidi.. the top floor artsy cafe is allright and cozy.

Shinjuku

Isetan - good selection of menswear and the most annoying SA's in retail history at the womens floor. damir doma, ann demeulemeester, dries van noten, stephan schneider, attachment, viridi-anne, rick owens.. N(N), undercover, cdg and some others.

Barney's - the mens floor is small but some interesting labels. decent rack of Poell but mostly older season at that point. couple of really cool avantindietro shirts.. decent selection of LUC, also Dries, Lanvin, CDG, m.a+and some other stuff.

Seibu is a good destination, from what opinion I formed in my time in Japan. Although primarily in Kyoto and Osaka. I will agree about the Fuji Daimaru complex, was quite puzzled at the assortment. It can be a treasure trove to some, but much more a needle in a haystack.
                        the games that play you

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

I'd love some more suggestions for shops or even interesting areas to check out around Tokyo. I've been here for a month and hit every major attraction I'd wanted to so I'm running low on things to do. I just end up biking around taking in the city which is quite nice but a little purpose would be welcome. I'm totally open to suggestion... thanks in advance
                          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• yipjam
                            • Sep 2012

Well if you've run out of attractions to see in Tokyo...eat Endless amounts of good food to be had everywhere

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                              • Aug 2008

How is it possible to see every attraction in tokyo in a month? That place is crazy. If you've seriously exhausted everything, you may want to go outside of the city. Try kamakura or yokohama if you haven't already.

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

Of course I haven't seen every attraction but I've seen everything I'd set out to see initially. It's pretty easy to get around and when you have nothing but time you exhaust 2-3 things a day. I've still yet to go to the Ghibli museum, parasite museum, and aokigahara but I still have another 2 months here so consider this a pre-emptive request.
                                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎