Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boxma
    • Feb 2007

The IT stores in HK has promo sales started a couple of days ago. Ask the sales associate and there is no sign to tell you sales is happening.

Originally posted by genghistong View Post
    thanks for the reply carol. last time i was in toyko i was lucky to be able to purchase some of the larger pieces since i'm a taller guy. i'm hoping that will be the case when i go to the store this time around.

the IT stores are definitely on my to go list in HK, they had some amazing sales last time i was around and a great selection. thanks again!

Comment

• Carol2046
      • Mar 2012

From what I've seen, larger-sized items (e.g. Julius size 3) tend to be harder to find in Japan since most shops don't carry them. You may have a better chance in HK in that case.

If you're coming to HK in Dec around the xmas holidays then the timing should be right and most items should be on sale by then. Prices should be roughly = final sale prices in Japan

Comment

• genghistong
        • Jun 2009

thanks for all the info guys. i'm excited to see what i can find and just experience everything tokyo has to offer. if tokyo/hk does not have any pieces, i always have atelier to come back to.

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

While you're in tokyo check out all the RagTag / Rinkan / Brand Collect stores you can. They are used clothing stores but they pick up amazing pieces. I've done a majority of my shopping at those chains while in Tokyo and scored many amazing Julius and Yohji pieces. There are tons of places in Tokyo that stock Julius though so I doubt you'll have trouble finding any of it. Especially if you wear a size 3-4 those never seem to sell out. Besides the flagship and isetan I recommend lazy hazy planet (another chain) because they stock huge julius buys from the recent season in a range of sizes.

Really though it's all about the used clothing market in Tokyo... especially for Julius because the prices are painfully low
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Redhotaj
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Carol2046 View Post
            From what I've seen, larger-sized items (e.g. Julius size 3) tend to be harder to find in Japan since most shops don't carry them. You may have a better chance in HK in that case.

If you're coming to HK in Dec around the xmas holidays then the timing should be right and most items should be on sale by then. Prices should be roughly = final sale prices in Japan
            Yes I agree with you- as I love Julius too, to me HK is the best place to shop as sales starts November onwards.The outlets carry a lot different brands.

Actually just came to HK 1 week ago.Need to recover.

Comment

• genghistong
              • Jun 2009

this has probably been answered previously in the thread, but what used stores do you absolutely recommend going to? I have no problem with second-hand clothing, especially if the price is right. good to hear that the the larger sizes will be a bit more plentiful vs the smaller sizes.

Comment

• Carol2046
                • Mar 2012

Rinkan and Kind, the Shibuya stores. Those 2 carry are the most suitable 2nd-hand stores in Tokyo for SZ members I think. A lot of Julius, Rick, etc.

On a side-note, someone mentioned LHP and I also think it's a great place to find Julius. You can actually bargain with the salesmen and get some discounts even if they're not on sale yet

Comment

• genghistong
                  • Jun 2009

having trouble finding the rinkan store address, anyone have help with that?

Flying in tomorrow and staying the 27-29, excited for the journey! if anyone has some good recommendations for clubs (techno/hip hop/r&b) that would be greatly appreciated also.

Comment

• Carol2046
                    • Mar 2012

Here you go:

The only addresses I could find were these japanese ones so you may need google map to help you out.

Comment

• genghistong
                      • Jun 2009

thanks carol. unfortunately both the rinkan stores were closed due to the holiday along with the julius and viridi-anne flagships... very disappointed, but hopefully my shopping journey will be better in HK.

LHP was amazing though, the julius selection was excellent, and they ran to grab me some size 3's from their stockroom. they have this beautiful blistered lamb leather in size 2/3 that is 30 percent off right now. the ragtag and kind in shibuya were great also, but wasn't able to find anything in my size. i'm going to hit up isetan men before i leave in the afternoon to look at some pieces that held off on during the first day. thanks again for the great info guys, it's been a wild two days of shopping.

Comment

• soe
                        • Dec 2012

Just checked out the new Acne store. It took over the space that was formerly Corso Como men's in Aoyama.

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
                          • Mar 2008

Currently in Tokyo for a couple of days. I've kind of read through this thread. Anything I must do while here? Or anything cool thats happening?

Comment

• k3mist
                            • Apr 2013

well theres a photography/fashion exhibition a friend of mine is part of in aoyama

its called The Age of the Hybrid Wedding

Comment

• Carol2046
                              • Mar 2012

Anyone knows whether there are any outlets for Julius in Tokyo? Apart from the 2nd-hand stores already mentioned.

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

other than the flagship at daikanyama, Isetan has a pretty alright collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎