Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: tokyo & kyoto shops

Default Re: tokyo & kyoto shops

Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

i don't really like yohji but that's just me.

there's a new high fashion select shop in omotesando hills. forgot the name.

Did you check out gyre? From the streets, it looks like another one of those fruity omotesando shopping complex b/c the first floor is BVLGARI. But on the fourth floor is Maison Martin Margiela. They have the largest stock of MMM in the world. They sell artisanal there too.

Did you check out midwest / heathen?

Ginza:

Barneys

Uniqlo flagship with lots of exclusive items

Malonier gate - new shoppin[:O]g complex with stores like Hysteric Glamour

LANVIN

[quote user="ikomas"] Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

Did you check out gyre? From the streets, it looks like another one of those fruity omotesando shopping complex b/c the first floor is BVLGARI. But on the fourth floor is Maison Martin Margiela. They have the largest stock of MMM in the world. They sell artisanal there too.

[/quote]

I saw that Margiela store but didnt go there for some reason, we might've been in a bit of a hurry.

Midwest was nice, I think I listed it in the first post.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

[quote user="ikomas"]

Yohji is on the same street as CDG, Loveless, Prada and etc. It's on the same side of the street as CDG but it's farther down the road away from omotesando. It's kinda close to Liquor, Woman, Tears. Right across from Seinan Elementary school.

[/quote]

Hmmm, what would IF owners say to that?! BTW, only MMM boutiques are allowed to carry the artisanal lines. Smart motherfuckers. God, I wish I could afford that insane wedding dress from two years ago. I'd marry my wife all over again...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

thanks for this mike. will be very helpful.

ginza barneys had some good stuff that was bought up early in the sales over in shinjuku. worth checking out around sale time if you've got time to kill.

and there's that crazy store... lots of rick and galliano and other brands. forgot the name.

Restir? good selection of euro brands if you're into them, but of course very expensive as it goes without saying given its japan

So yesterday I visited a bunch of shops in Shibuya.

Visited Boutique W, Backlash, Attachment (both shops), S.O.S., all the Lift shops, and on and on. In total, there were 0 items in my size. Was cool to see, but looks like I won't be shopping for any clothes in Tokyo.

My brother is much smaller than me (shorter, narrower shoulders, narrower hips, smaller waist, shorter arms, smaller stomach, all around compact). There was nothing in his size. The closest we found was one size 50 Poell jacket, which was too narrow through the chest, otherwise good. Heh, money saving I suppose.

Backlash may have been my favorite. My brother liked a leather shirt/tunic thing with 3/4 length sleeves. The guy at the shop helped him get it on, or start to get it on. It fit him through the chest (we checked at the start), but the sleeves were too slim for his arms and the shoulders about 3" too narrow. It got halfway on, and my brother yelped (in japanese) "it's too tight, help." Dude pushed it on another 3 inches, completely trapping my brother, and just collapsed laughing. Was awesome.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

[quote user="theetruscan"]

Visited Boutique W, Backlash, Attachment (both shops), S.O.S., all the Lift shops, and on and on. In total, there were 0 items in my size. Was cool to see, but looks like I won't be shopping for any clothes in Tokyo.

My brother is much smaller than me (shorter, narrower shoulders, narrower hips, smaller waist, shorter arms, smaller stomach, all around compact). There was nothing in his size. The closest we found was one size 50 Poell jacket, which was too narrow through the chest, otherwise good. Heh, money saving I suppose.

Backlash may have been my favorite. My brother liked a leather shirt/tunic thing with 3/4 length sleeves. The guy at the shop helped him get it on, or start to get it on. It fit him through the chest (we checked at the start), but the sleeves were too slim for his arms and the shoulders about 3" too narrow. It got halfway on, and my brother yelped (in japanese) "it's too tight, help." Dude pushed it on another 3 inches, completely trapping my brother, and just collapsed laughing. Was awesome.

[/quote]

[86]

Hope your having a blast out there in the land of the rising sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

[quote user="theetruscan"] Boutique W[/quote]

was pissed that I completely forgot W when I was there

what size are you if you couldn't find anything? I'm a slim 50 and still managed to round up quite a bit of stuff, if everything would've been available in my size I would've spent way too much [79]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

what size are you if you couldn't find anything? I'm a slim 50 and still managed to round up quite a bit of stuff, if everything would've been available in my size I would've spent way too much [79]

[/quote]

I'm a 52/54 with disproportionately broad shoulders and long arms.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

I can see how thats a problem there :P

I think my size is the maximum to find stuff there as I can fit some things in a 48

I've been itching to go to Tokyo for a while now but I think I'd be in the same situation where absolutely nothing would fit me. Blow all your money on shoes? [74]
    Suede is too Gucci.

and bags [83]

Guys, are you all japanese or do you all speakr japanese? From what i have heard it is nearly impossible for a non-speaking foreigner to find anything in Tokio, since they dont have really street signs or names and everything is totally confusing.

And how are the prices compared to Europe, i guess all those japanese brands are way cheaper than here, like NN or Attachment...but what about the imported brands like Poell.

And does NN have a homepage from where i can order with a proxy?

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

if you just go there completely unprepared I'm sure it'd be a bit challenging [85]

there are no regularstreetadresses so you need a map. navigating with adresses is impossible apart from using a taxi, in which case you should have the adress on paper in japanese. so get a good map, the superfuture maps are quite accurate and usable, and if you suspect something is hard to find, print out the adress on a paper.

apart from that, working your way around the cityisn't that hard. names of the biggeststreets are occasionally in english. subways nowadays have major signs in english, so using it isn't hard at all once you get the hang of it.

Dude theetruscan,

In case you didn't figure it out already while you were there. Your only able to pick up accessories and footwear. There are a lot of hot Japanese girls roaming around the streets in Shibuya-ku. Shibuya-ku is more for the young professional hipster type of environment. I'm sure you'll notice a bunch of people in their early 20's walking into the infamous "109" buildings. The major dept. stores are Marui, Parco 1, 2, 3, quattro and Burberry Black label which you can't get in the States.

Daikanyama and Aoyama Dori, and anything north Omotesando in Harajuku are my 3 favorite places to hit up to shop and grub.

Ginza-ku and Shinjuku-ku may have more of your size since most of the clothing there are Import/European brands. Isetan in Shinjuku is dope. Don't forget to take advantage of the yummy foods they have there and night life in Roppongi if your down to partying like a rock star!!!!

Fuck man, I love Tokyo.....I love trying to speak Japanese and all the cute girls there would go nuts. The nightlife there is sensational!! [87]

[quote user="theetruscan"]

[/quote]

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

if you just go there completely unprepared I'm sure it'd be a bit challenging [85]

there are no regularstreetadresses so you need a map. navigating with adresses is impossible apart from using a taxi, in which case you should have the adress on paper in japanese. so get a good map, the superfuture maps are quite accurate and usable, and if you suspect something is hard to find, print out the adress on a paper.

apart from that, working your way around the cityisn't that hard. names of the biggeststreets are occasionally in english. subways nowadays have major signs in english, so using it isn't hard at all once you get the hang of it.

[/quote]

yeah, but what i heard of a german friend of mine is, everytime she tried to take a cab the driver saw her and try to get away. She was so pissed after several cabes escaped from her that she just walked into the middle of a street and stopped a cab just standing in front of it...haha.
    well i am from asian origin and also i am korean, people always think i am japanese, therefore i guess i wouldnt have such a problem...i was just curious that so many members here seem to be from japan...:)

man, i really have to go to tokio...thats a city which would be on top of my bucket list...

There is someone else here on this forum whose Korean and looks like hes full Japanese. [73] I'm not one of them.

Its fine, if any of the locals there blurping out the word "gaijin" to you, don't be offended. It just means your a foreigner and certain places in the city they don't allow outsiders, such as certain love hotels, Yakuza district, and a few hidden restaurants and other hidden underground areas. But you don't want to be going there anyways right? [66]

[quote user="theaddict"][quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

yeah, but what i heard of a german friend of mine is, everytime she tried to take a cab the driver saw her and try to get away. She was so pissed after several cabes escaped from her that she just walked into the middle of a street and stopped a cab just standing in front of it...haha.
    well i am from asian origin and also i am korean, people always think i am japanese, therefore i guess i wouldnt have such a problem...i was just curious that so many members here seem to be from japan...:)

man, i really have to go to tokio...thats a city which would be on top of my bucket list...

[/quote]

[quote user="Trendy Andy"]

There is someone else here on this forum whose Korean and looks like hes full Japanese. [73] I'm not one of them.

Its fine, if any of the locals there blurping out the word "gaijin" to you, don't be offended. It just means your a foreigner and certain places in the city they don't allow outsiders, such as certain love hotels, Yakuza district, and a few hidden restaurants and other hidden underground areas. But you don't want to be going there anyways right? [66]

[quote user="theaddict"][quote user="mike lowrey"]

Wtf?

Why are love hotels resticted for foreigners? aarrgghhh...

and there is really a yakuza district?

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]