Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monster
    • Aug 2009

Being a big fan of Japan and shopping in Tokyo especially, I found this thread extremely useful during my trips to Tokyo in 2012 and this year. I would like to leave some remarks about several second-hand clothes' shops I visited, which were discussed here previously. Not sure if such information is of use, but maybe it will help someone, who is going to have some shopping in Tokyo for the first time.
    There is a minor shift of goods, offered by second-hand shops here, but the main range doesn't seem to change seriously. It's rather easy to find the shops, using Google map and copying the addresses (I used Japanese, as the navigation turned out to be more comfortable).

As for my last visit, I found Ragtag chain the most interesting one:

- Harajuku shop is rather big, with a great variety of Comme, Yohji, Junya and other domestic names. From time to time they also carry some CCP, MA+, LUC, LEU, Undercover, Miyashita and so on. I really enjoy floating around in the district, so visited the place twice and picked some stuff both times

- Shibuya store is full of goodies. I even found some Volga-Volga here, but unfortunately failed to fit myself into it. With a bit of luck one can grab some CCP, Paul Harnden, Guidi etc. here. They also have a big classic clothing department, and a lot of UC, N(N) and Soloist on the basement floor

- They have some Carpe, Guidi, Layer-0 like stuff in Shinjuku store. Not mention standard CDG, Junya, Yohji.

- Shimokitazawa's store is rather small and has no interesting men's selection on the second floor. They still carry some women's stuff on the first floor, and the prices are really low.

Kind(al):

- Harajuku store has a good location on Omotesando street, in the center of Harajuku district, just near CA4LA and Lawson, so it's easy to find the place. They have a plenty of KKA, Viridi, Soloist and other domestic brands here, but nothing astonishing.
    東京原宿でブランド古着の買取なら、原宿駅から徒歩5分、表参道沿いにあるカインドオル原宿店をご利用ください。ブランド古着・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取、大切に販売しております。東京原宿周辺でブランド古着の宅配買取、出張買取をご検討の方もお気軽にご相談ください。

- Shibuya store is located not far from the metro station and is really big, having five floors, ranged by brands. One can find some pretty stuff here, but the prices seem to be higher in comparison with other second-hand shops.
    渋谷でブランド古着、洋服の買取なら、渋谷駅から徒歩3分、渋谷センター街にあるカインドオル渋谷店をご利用ください。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取、大切に販売しております。ブランド古着・洋服の宅配買取、出張買取をご検討の方もカインドオル渋谷店にご相談ください。

- Another Kindal in Shibuya is located between Shibuya Ragtag and Supreme. The place is rather big, but the range of "SZ brands" is pretty small.
    渋谷でブランド古着・洋服の買取なら、東京渋谷の神南エリアにあるカインドオル渋谷神南店をご利用ください。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取、大切に販売しております。東京・渋谷神南周辺でブランド古着の宅配買取、出張買取をご検討の方もお気軽にカインドオル渋谷神南店へご相談ください。

- Kindal in Koenji is really small and not so easy to find, but they carry some interesting pieces, like Miyashita's ones. The prices are much lower than in other places. Not sure if it's because of distant location.
    高円寺でブランド古着、洋服の買取なら、高円寺駅から徒歩4分にあるカインドオル高円寺店をご利用ください。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取、大切に販売しております。ブランド古着の買取をご検討の方もカインドオル高円寺店にご相談ください。

- Don't like shopping in Ginza and the local Kindal is not an exception. They literally have not a single interesting piece here.
    東京都銀座でブランド古着・洋服の買取なら、銀座の並木通りのブランド古着屋カインドオル銀座店をご利用ください。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなど大切に買取、大切に販売しております。東京銀座周辺でブランド古着・洋服の宅配買取、出張買取をご検討の方もカインドオル銀座店にお気軽にご相談ください。

- Two stores in Shinjuku situated in front of each other are very small and only carried several pieces of N(N), Rick and Julius in really small sizes when I visited them both times.
    東京都新宿でブランド古着・洋服の買取なら、新宿駅から徒歩2分のカインドオル新宿店の買取サービスをご利用ください。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取、大切に販売しております。新宿でブランド古着・洋服の宅配買取、出張買取をご検討の方もお気軽にカインドオル新宿店にご相談下さい。

I also visited Rinkan (http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/gsc-rinkan/info/shop.html), but only the one in Shimokitazawa, it gave me a chaotic impression, since Ralph Lauren polos here are accompanied by Julius blazers. Still, the store is very small and isn't worth the special visit. I think that the ones in Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku could be more interesting, but I had no time to visit them.

I found nothing interesting in Brand Collect stores, though the one, which I had found in Shibuya (also known as Space, I think) in 2012 was absolutely marvelous. Now the store is closed.

That's all I would like to share. I would also appreciate if someone can add other shops to the list.

Have fun in Japan!

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

monster the secret is that all the kind and rinkan stock is online, inlcuding which store it's located at.

it would be literally easier to check the night before on rakuten what you want, then go to those specific stores rather than browse every rinkan and kind it would literally take hours.

just saying
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• monster
        • Aug 2009

Trigger Discipline, many thanks for your reply!
        I will try your method during my next vacation in Tokyo later this year. Still it was a big "treasure hunter" fun
        Do you know, what second-hands worth visiting, besides mentioned above?
        And one little question to you: is buying CCP leather jacket from Lift would be a good thing, or prices much higher than in Europe\HK.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• stadsvandringar
          • Aug 2008

CCP, like most other non-Japanese brands available in Japan, will be much more expensive. That said, Japan tends to do very well in selection. I haven't been to Lift in a while but their selection of CCP and other artisanal brands is world class.

Aside from the shops mentioned above, Komehyo in Shinjuku is sometimes worth a visit, as are jumble stores and the book offs that carry clothes. Along with ragtag, these shops only post a fraction of their stuff online. Sometimes you can find some good stuff but you often have to dig and/or get lucky.

Comment

• monster
            • Aug 2009

Stadsvandringar, thanks a lot!
            The only thing made me think that buying CCP from Lift would be a good bargain was a yen's rather low exchange rate.
            Digging\being lucky seems like a fun for me, so I will pay a visit to Jumble and Komehyo next time.

Thanks again!

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

the CCP at lift goes up to 48 max, the stock is immense though.

this is something to take into consideration,

Shelter II's worse being around 44-46 only
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

^ that sounds so perfect as I'm a true 44. I'll hit you up if I get a chance to go in the near future. (we met at Zam's that one time)
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• MrBushido
                  • Dec 2013

I have some answers so i thought i'd share.

LHP, they stock Julius. Currently have pre-sales for members. Sales between end of june and begining of july, exact date is sent by mail to members 'it takes 5 mins to get a membership card'.

Lift will have sales starting tomorrow. Of course, no sales for CCP.

Julius store will have sales starting July 17th. Some items will not be included, leather and what they call mid-season items. Also, size 3 is the biggest they cary and in limited numbers compared to 1 or 2.

Isetan, sometime in July, sales reps won't know until it starts.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by MrBushido View Post
                    I have some answers so i thought i'd share.

LHP, they stock Julius. Currently have pre-sales for members. Sales between end of june and begining of july, exact date is sent by mail to members 'it takes 5 mins to get a membership card'.

Lift will have sales starting tomorrow. Of course, no sales for CCP.

Julius store will have sales starting July 17th. Some items will not be included, leather and what they call mid-season items. Also, size 3 is the biggest they cary and in limited numbers compared to 1 or 2.

Isetan, sometime in July, sales reps won't know until it starts.
                    no sales for ma+ or ccp and some other brand I forgot,

sale started last week sunday, for members only

do you live here?

Comment

• MrBushido
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                      no sales for ma+ or ccp and some other brand I forgot,

sale started last week sunday, for members only

do you live here?
                      I wish, I'm not as lucky as you!!! I'm based in Paris...

Did not know about ma+ and members sales, thanks for that.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                        • Jan 2013

Osaka

Thought I'd share my 1.5 day experience in Osaka since there's not as much info about that. Finding places/walking around was pretty easy because I just bought a prepaid 3g sim card and used google maps everywhere.
                        Was pretty excited about shopping in Japan since I'm a 46 so everywhere stocks my size, but a lot of domestic brand tops/outerwear seem to have wider waists than chest which is a big dealbreaker.
                        Also it is kind of between seasons, so stock might have been hit or miss. In general I also found communication a bit awkward even when the staff could speak some English, a lot of gesturing and half-understanding going on.

Fascinate - probably my favorite shop, maybe just because I was familiar with their website. One of the staff spoke best English I've encountered in Japan, so it was really easy to talk to him. Lots of Devoa, TVA, IS, and other artisanal brands. Really bummed they aren't getting the devoa high neck coat until September.

Ayin - seems they've moved a bit away from SZ brands, some BBS and Rick but I didn't see much of interest. No longer carries MA+

K's clothing - Backlash downstairs, incarnation and IS and more upstairs. When I went upstairs I sheepishly asked staff if they could speak English, and he just said no really abruptly and ignored me the rest of the time. I know a lot of Japanese people don't like speaking English because they don't want to offend but this seemed more aggressive than that, idk.

There was another shop around the corner from K's that I haven't seen a website for. Carried a lot of TVA, some julius_MA, dbss. Staff spoke English.

LHP - didn't see any drkshdw or julius here?

Why are you here? - staff spoke English, though still some lapses in understanding. They didn't have the FW14 Rick out on the racks, but he asked me to pick some stuff from the web catalogue and brought it out from backroom - twice found out after he brought it out that it was slightly different model/size due to other stuff being out of stock. I think this store has the most Rick + Ann D in Osaka

Via bus stop - in Herbis Ent, had some Robert Geller and Raf
                        Midwest - in Herbis Plaza, was super hard to find and didn't really have much of interest

Hankyu Men - is a lot like Barneys. I thought the MMM store staff had very good styling, that's the only shop that stood out

Lad Musician - don't see this brand much outside Japan, so I'd recommend checking it out

I found second hand shopping to be more fun in Japan, maybe partly because there was no communication issues. There's such a large diversity of brands to see as well.

Kind-U - liked the Shinsaibashi location (not ame-mura) the best, it was quieter and seemed less picked through - some nice kka, saw a pair of RO astaires, an avantidietro leather shirt. Ame-mura location was also cool with more stuff. The umeda location was hard to find because I thought it was actually in the HEP building, which was a shitshow but it was actually in an alley across the street - small space, didn't seem to have everything listed on rakuten.

The ragtag in shinsaibashi also had some MMM, cdg, Junya.

Kyoto

Not much to add to Lowrey's original post. I don't think Stage exists in Fujii Daimaru anymore (not on 7th floor). I also asked about LUC at Bloc/Mindtrive and they said its stocked at their N4 store in Tokyo.
                        Last edited by t3hg0suazn; 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• MrBushido
                          • Dec 2013

Small Kyoto update.

Fuji daimaru. Nothing of interest except CDG. VBS and edition closed down.

Block. Overall underwhelmed. Nowblack is now called something else 'EM2?' In any case, No more MA+ and others mentioned before. they have Guidi, Stephen Schneider and some others I forgot 'probably not interesting since I was just there a couple of days ago...'

Vektor. Small shop, friendly and passionate owner 'was store mgr of nowblack', nice small collection of Devoa, Julius, Iolom and a couple of others. Will have Incarnation starting next season. This is by far my favorite so far. It's located on the same street as the Sou-Sou shops.

S/stere flagship store. Saw this brand at gullam, they had some nice knit basics, also an interesting leather jacket 'for women I think' that had riri zippers on the whole arm similar to the one bbs is going to do. Since they only sell in japan, they only make small sizes unfortunately.

Sou-Sou, For those interested in tabi boots, geta sandals or harem pants and Japanese cardigans 'happi'. they have 5 or 6 shops in the same street.

All these shops are in the same neighborhood 'shijo street/teramachi arcade area' and can be visited in a couple of hours.

Comment

• nicelynice
                            • Oct 2009

Sneaker repair recommendation: Rongo Rongo in Meguro-ku.

目黒区武蔵小山で靴と革製品の修理とユーズドアイテムの販売を行っている、rongo rongo(ロンゴロンゴ)のウェブページです。

Very pleasant owner who does all the work together with his wife.
                            I'll still take my boots to Union Works, but the sneaker work these guys did was excellent.

Fixed some Ricks which my friend was ready to throw out, added a Vibram sole for extra protection:

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                              Sneaker repair recommendation: Rongo Rongo in Meguro-ku.

この辺の内容は俺だけ役に立てるよねw。

ありがとうございます

for the initial vibramming I usually get it done at lift because the guy there has crazy experience with Guidi and CCP so it seems natural to go to them but ive never asked for this kind of repair job, thanks for sharing

Comment

• monster
                                • Aug 2009

Just came back from Tokyo, and so excited again that can't help, but bumping the thread with a couple of additions:

1) 10 tow in Shibuya. Didn't know about this amazing store before, so came across it only by occasion. Literally the best Yohji\CDG\Junya selection I have ever met.

2) Modescape. Another Kindal like chain store worth some visiting.
                                ブランド服の買取ならモードスケープにお任せください。渋谷と新宿に実店舗がございます。店頭買取以外にも、宅配買取・23区内限定で出張買取にも対応しています。査定金額をすぐに知りたい方に好評な【お電話】【LINE】【メール】を使った無料査定も承ってます。

Tax free prices seem rather affordable even on CCP in LIft.

I wish I could live here...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎