Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

sorry i meant like the few areas harajuku/shunjuku/shibuya/omotesando etc. not the whole tokyo per se. like im sure there are shops everywhere. do i go on a dedicated finding trip, or is it friendly enough to afford casual shopping? hope it makes sense

Comment

• stadsvandringar
      • Aug 2008

Certain areas of Tokyo are good to walk around and discover, like Harajuku, Shibuya and Shinjuku. These areas are densely packed and have pretty much anything and everything you could think of. It's worth visiting those areas just to walk around. You will definitely find cool stuff.

Daikanyama and Aoyama are also good to walk around, although they are predominantly more higher-end clothing stores, which is fine if that's what you're looking for. The higher rent districts like Daikanyama and Aoyama also have some amazing bakeries, restaurants and cafes.

Giving addresses is Japan is pretty much worthless, by the way, especially if you're in the big shopping areas. You'll see when you get there that a lot of the streets aren't clearly laid out, many streets have no names at all, and it's all generally very confusing. Maps are much better (I've used the Sufu maps which are helpful). To top it off, some shops are quite well hidden. As an example I was never able to find the N. Hollywood shop in Harajuku even though I had a map and knew it was near Omotesando Hills.

My point is this: it is best in my opinion to go without too set of an agenda. Just have an idea of what districts you want to go to and maybe 4 or 5 shops you must visit, particularly for a short trip. You will need time for distractions, of which Tokyo has far too many.

Comment

• jgan85
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
        are the second hand stores everywhere? where can i get the addresses? sorry, but i dont know japanese at all, and i really need help with pre-information. if not i'll probably just get lost there

yea i know!! but this is basically a shopping trip for me. i will definitely visit japan again for the rest of the exploration, but man, my exams just ended. need to kopppppp
        some of the stores that usually put up SZ brands on Y!JP have brick-and-mortars in Tokyo:

Kind U Shibuya
        OPEN 11?00?CLOSE 21?00
        ?150-0042
        ??????????29-8 ????1F?3F?4F?5F
        TEL 03-5456-0505

Modescape
        ???????????
        ????????1-14-8????3F
        Tel. 03-6806-3661
        ????12?00?20?00
        map

Monotone
        ?150-0041 ????????1-12-18?????601
        ??:03-3464-6226
        map
        ________
        OUTDOOR TUBES
        Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

are the second hand stores everywhere? where can i get the addresses? sorry, but i dont know japanese at all, and i really need help with pre-information. if not i'll probably just get lost there
          Here are the links to the Kind and Space Co's store maps. I know it's a little frustrating to find stores that way, but I suggest that you print those maps out if you want to visit those stores and can't find a better guide.

ブランド古着買取・販売の店舗を全国に展開しているカインドオル(kindal)の公式サイトです。ブランド古着・洋服・時計・バッグ・アクセサリーなどを大切に買取・販売しております。宅配買取、出張買取にも対応。オンライン販売も行っています。ブランド古着の買取・販売はカインドオルをご利用ください。

腕時計の歴代人気モデルを再現した「復刻版モデル」は、流行に左右されないデザインガ魅力です。ブランドの歴史を象徴するモデルが多いので、特別の1本になります。今回は、復刻版モデルと伝統的なデザインを取り入れたモデルを紹介していきます。この記事を読んで、各ブランドのこだわりや特徴を理解してほしいと思います。

腕時計の歴代人気モデルを再現した「復刻版モデル」は、流行に左右されないデザインガ魅力です。ブランドの歴史を象徴するモデルが多いので、特別の1本になります。今回は、復刻版モデルと伝統的なデザインを取り入れたモデルを紹介していきます。この記事を読んで、各ブランドのこだわりや特徴を理解してほしいと思います。

I used to have decent maps of several Tokyo areas, but I'm not sure where the maps are at the moment. I'll try to dig something out later.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post
            anyway, is it better to make plans of where to visit, and just go around searching, or just walk around and see what i stumble on? i have no idea what its like in tokyo now, if i just walk around and check out random shops, will i end up wasting too much time? are the streets of harajuku/shunjuku/shibuya/omotesando tourist-friendly?
            hi, welcome to tokyo

of course you can walk around the central pedestrian friendly areas, but its the worlds densest city, so chances of parading around on a random street and finding something particular that you're looking for are pretty slim.

if you don't care about visiting any particular stores, its of course great to explore the city, but if there are some places you want to find, its worth dedicating some time for that as well. I would advice looking at the google map posted in this thread, and using them along with an alternate map (possibly the sufu map as well) to navigate. metro stations are a good starting point. since streets rarely have names, you need to pretty much zig zag around while staring at the map and use landmarks to help navigate.

the only reason to take addresses with you is if you need to take a taxi somewhere, they are able to read them.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

thank you mike, stadsvandringar, jgan, atom for the detailed info. it definitely helped alot.

and atom, yes please do post up those maps if you find them

anyway, mike (or anyone who knows), regarding the sufu tokyo superguide, do they have information regarding shops carrying SZ brands (Ecru, Etage etc)? im afraid of buying it, and it turning out to be filled with streetwear/work-wear stuff.

thanks

Comment

• raddy
                • Oct 2008

Almost every shop discussed in here is included in the sufu guide.
                Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Carrefour

- LUC, Guidi, Forme, Yohan...

It's better to ready yourself with maps and directions to the places you want to visit, and chances are that along the way to these places, you'll come across something interesting and possibly unexpected (shops, eating places, etc...)...'cause that's just how wonderful Tokyo is

Comment

• jgan85
                    • Apr 2008

just found this google map listing an incredible amount of stores.. should be of some use: http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&...L6f-ugO_1ImcCA

EDIT: i suddenly recall that the store on ometesando hills called Edition mentioned by lowrey above also stocks augusta
                    ________
                    Lamborghini urraco
                    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                      Carrefour

- LUC, Guidi, Forme, Yohan...

It's better to ready yourself with maps and directions to the places you want to visit, and chances are that along the way to these places, you'll come across something interesting and possibly unexpected (shops, eating places, etc...)...'cause that's just how wonderful Tokyo is
                      thank you, thats what i thought too. will most probably do just that. :)

Originally posted by jgan85 View Post
                      just found this google map listing an incredible amount of stores.. should be of some use: http://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&...L6f-ugO_1ImcCA

EDIT: i suddenly recall that the store on ometesando hills called Edition mentioned by lowrey above also stocks augusta
                      wow. thats a comprehensive list. thanks!!! but i dont read japanese, so i guess i gotta slowly decipher each store.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

sorry to bump this up again. anyone heard of/visited a store called Bedrock? think its at omotesando hills. worth visiting?

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

After a bit of researching, with help from members here and the sufu guide, ive compiled a list of stores, by neighborhood, for my upcoming trip to tokyo.

Posting it up here, hopefully it might be of some help to others in the future.

In the meantime, need help pointing out any stores i might have missed out in this list. Thanks!! :)

Aoyama
                          undercover
                          rick owens
                          Arts+Science: Men's Shop
                          CDG
                          yohji yamamoto
                          viridi-anne

Daikanyama
                          lift position/ecru/etage
                          attachment (thanks ABS)
                          julius
                          margiela
                          via busstop

Harajuku
                          edition adelaide
                          n hollywood
                          omotesando hills
                          fil
                          boutique w
                          gyre
                          wjk
                          LHP

Shinjuku
                          barneys
                          legendary isetan
                          space tokyo
                          b 2nd

Shibuya
                          midwest
                          opening ceremony
                          space tokyo
                          modescape
                          kind
                          tokyu hands (?)
                          ragtag
                          B 2nd

Nakameguro
                          venom (DBSS)
                          Last edited by nictan; 05-19-2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

I guess you could add dries (if you're into him) and corso como to aoyama, ragtag x2 and rinkan to shinjuku, kind (and a small ragtag) to harajuku, monotone and rinkan to shibuya.

I don't know, i actually only go to second hand stores (ragtag, kind, space, rinkan etc) these days.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

Only one Attachment/KKA store in Daikanyama.

Beams International Gallery in Harajuku has some RO, ma+...small buy though.

B'2nd in Shibuya carrries some BBS, Yohan Serfaty, Isaac Sellam...

Comment

• routineriot
                                • Apr 2009

does anyone know any second hand shop that sells guidi,ann d,Ro etc

I only know space tokyo that carries them

going to tokyo next friday would really appreciate this!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎