X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    B'2nd in Shibuya carrries some BBS, Yohan Serfaty, Isaac Sellam...
    and it's around the corner from midwest.

LHP in harajuku stocks Julius, Damir Doma, and several other Japanese and European labels.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

^ good call on LHP...was able to find Julius sizes that were already sold out at the flagship store on a couple of occasions...very helpful staff too..

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
        I guess you could add dries (if you're into him) and corso como to aoyama, ragtag x2 and rinkan to shinjuku, kind (and a small ragtag) to harajuku, monotone and rinkan to shibuya.

I don't know, i actually only go to second hand stores (ragtag, kind, space, rinkan etc) these days.
        i wouldnt mind second hand stores either. thats why i added quite a few of them into my list :)

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
        Only one Attachment/KKA store in Daikanyama.

Beams International Gallery in Harajuku has some RO, ma+...small buy though.

B'2nd in Shibuya carrries some BBS, Yohan Serfaty, Isaac Sellam...
        Originally posted by dji View Post
        and it's around the corner from midwest.

LHP in harajuku stocks Julius, Damir Doma, and several other Japanese and European labels.
        thanks! just found out shinjuku has b2nd as well. and i found LHP on the sufu map too. thanks :)

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

Noob question here (i think). I'll be hitting Tokyo from 31st May to 10th June. During this period, what would be the seasons stocked in stores? e.g. Julius, DBSS, KKA, v-a, Ann, RO etc

I see both SS10 and AW10 discussed in the designers sub-forum. So, am just wondering, so i would know what to expect in stores. And any chance i will hit any sales?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

It's all SS2010 collection in the stores.
            AW2010 doesn't come out so soon...

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

^ alright thanks!

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                • Feb 2009

In Japan a number of stores became fashionable by limiting people's choises. One such stylish store, on the outskirts of Tokyo, has entirely random opening hours. Shoppers arrive, form long ques at the door; and, when the store finally opens, often find that the sales assistant will arbitrarily refuse to sell them the item they want. Shoppers are not offended. They are fascinated and flock to the stores in great numbers.
                Renata Salecl, Choise (Profile, London 2010), p. 144.

Comment

• Atom
                  • Sep 2009

Sounds somewhat unbelievable. There are queues in some Harajuku streetwear stores and only limited amount of people are let in at the same time, but this... Hmm, wonder if this is true.

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Since there's no general Tokio thread (right?), I'll ask here:

What do you guys think are the best places in Tokyo to take the wife?
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Atom
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Since there's no general Tokio thread (right?), I'll ask here:

What do you guys think are the best places in Tokyo to take the wife?
                      Could you be a bit more specific? Are you looking for restaurants, romantic spots or love hotels?

Comment

• fadetogrey
                        • Apr 2009

^ or shopping?

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                          Could you be a bit more specific? Are you looking for restaurants, romantic spots or love hotels?
                          Hahah oh yeah... umm restaurants definitely, romantic spots sure, hotels not so much. Also any daytime activities besides shopping. We're there for a week and shopping for 7 days straight doesn't sound possible, budget-wise

I've scanned through a lot of tourist sites but you never know if the "customer reviews" are legit.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

one random thing I enjoyed was walking around Yanaka, it gives some perspective on old Tokyo compared to all the super busy areas. you can take the train to Nippori or Sendagi and walk from one to the other. its just a residential area with old buildings, temples etc. but really a whole world apart from the typical Tokyo.

as for other sights/activities, the Meji Shrine is a bit touristy I guess, but the park is really beautiful and nice to walk around in.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

MOMAT is cool.. Go out of Tokyo and book a (personal) private onsen.. ?
                              WTB: This

Comment

• Atom
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                one random thing I enjoyed was walking around Yanaka
                                During my first trip to Tokio I visited Yanaka and was awed especially by the tiny temples between buildings.

I like Nakameguro a lot, especially the canal side. Nice place to have an afternoon or evening walk and stop for a drink or dinner somewhere.

Suburbs like Koenji or Shimokitazawa are fun, although not very original spots anymore. But nevertheless, they're fun to walk around, visiting thrift stores, and having a glass or two in some random bars.

Cooking and eating monjayaki together never fails I suppose. Or visiting some love hotel (for real, I've been told it's a fun and exotic visit ). And of course, visiting Park Hyatt during sunset like Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray .

But in reality, Tokyo has so much to offer. Which makes it a bit problematic for a short romantic visit, because it's easy to wear yourself out and get all fucked up trying to do and see everything. Has happened to me .
                                Last edited by Atom; 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎