• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Travel

Brugge is awesome - I visited last year. Really beautiful, old, and quiet. Very contemplative.</p>

My other "B" cities are Copenhagen, Stockholm, Vienna, Edinburgh, and Prague. All are worth visiting and are really beautiful. Well, and Antwerp, for obvious reasons.
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Really? Wow, I'm truly surprised to hear that, especially from a New
      Yorker. Were you able to hit up any night clubs, martini lounges, or
      restaurant bars while you were here visiting Los Angeles? Sounds like
      you didn't exactly receive the full treatment of what Los Angeles
      really has to offer. While most people prefer to binge drink when they
      first arrive inside the clubs at our reserve tables, I on the other
      hand make sure I get myself on the floor before it gets mad crowded. I
      can always drink later when it gets packed or when the music begins to
      suck ass and the energy around me begins to die down.
      </p>

</p>

In LA, I was there for an art thing. So I hung out most of the time at the Chateau with a friend by the pool and eating on the patio. I was only there for 3 days and spent most of time my relaxing, which was what I really needed.</p>

I go through phases with how I go out here. Often I just lay low, with the occasional blowout. I tend to go out more in the summer with my one friend and we have definite crazy dancing fun. However, I have a tendency to drink a ton with her and I am trying to not drink so much these days. A little bit here and there is fine or a little at a time I should say. But I have a high tolerance mostly and so does she, so we get into alot of trouble. [79] I am one of those women that loves to just dance by myself for hours, and I get bothered alot by men trying to grind on me [71] I love dancing with people but not on people. [86] I have a friend that works the door at Cielo, so I think we may try to go and enjoy some house music soon, or hit up a salsa club. I am definitely feeling an intense urge to go right now.</p>

</p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
        • Jun 2007

Such a short visit in Los Angeles Kira. Hope you made the best out of it anyways. When you said Chateau, you meant Chateau Marmont by the Cabana pool? [:^)] Thats a nice shindig place to hang for out-of-towners.
        </p>

</p>

But I have a high tolerance mostly and so does she, so we get into alot of trouble. [79] </p>

Now thats what I'm talking about yeah baby yeah![86] jk....Right on~! Sounds like you have what it takes to be the next socialite on your career list. Being a socialite was my thing for the past 6 years but I think most my friends feels they're at a certain age where done with the club scene.[70]</p>

</p>

...and I get bothered alot by men trying to grind on me [71]</p>

I think most women regardless of which part of the globe you're from are annoyed by this action. [83][87][86]</p>

</p>

...I am one of those women that loves to just dance by myself for hours.
        </p>

I like to dance without a partner if their playing house, trance, or high energy music, but I don't ever like to dance alone. I ain't no stripper!!! [74]
        </p>

You're referring to Cielo on 12th near Hudson Street right? I've been to Cielo late last year. The line was ridiculously long since there was a special event going on that night which is why we went also. They were turning girls away that were on the guest list, I was shocked. You never turn away a cash cow at any club, especially if they look really hot. Its a cool vibe in New York, but everyone is connected. It's more about who you know rather than money talks. I think next time I prefer going with more people though. The friends I went with were bunch of wallpapers, standing by the wall holding their drink and were observing all night. If I wanted to observe as if I was at a museum, I would have gone to MOMA instead. [85]</p>

I hope you went tonight since I am replying this a little late. Weeknights are less crowded anyways. In Hollywood, thats usually celeb night where all the freaks and the big breasted blonde bimbo Barbies come out. [H]</p>

</p>

</p>

[quote user="kira"]
        </p>

In LA, I was there for an art thing. So I hung out most of the time at the Chateau with a friend by the pool and eating on the patio. I was only there for 3 days and spent most of time my relaxing, which was what I really needed.</p>

I go through phases with how I go out here. Often I just lay low, with the occasional blowout. I tend to go out more in the summer with my one friend and we have definite crazy dancing fun. However, I have a tendency to drink a ton with her and I am trying to not drink so much these days. A little bit here and there is fine or a little at a time I should say. But I have a high tolerance mostly and so does she, so we get into alot of trouble. [79] I am one of those women that loves to just dance by myself for hours, and I get bothered alot by men trying to grind on me [71] I love dancing with people but not on people. [86] I have a friend that works the door at Cielo, so I think we may try to go and enjoy some house music soon, or hit up a salsa club. I am definitely feeling an intense urge to go right now.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="sharkweek"]<div>
          </div><div>My favorite suggestion so far is Florence--I love traditional Italian food and Italy is really beautiful</div>

[/quote]</p>

Florence is a difficult city in which to be a (good) tourist. The museums are wonderful (I like that kind of thing), but the tourist industry is so large that a lot of the things which are great about Italy aren't so prevalent. You have to be careful, or you find yourself paying $12 for a cup of coffee or $22 for a microwaved dinner surrounded by other tourists. If you go to Florence spend long enough and wander well enough to meet locals and find out where to go for fun (Slow Food will get you started for restaurants). </p>

Alternately pick another location in Italy, if you're eager to visit. Decide on what you want most and focus on that. Piedmont is my favorite part of Italy, and if you visit in late Spring, there aren't enough other visitors to get in the way. The cuisine is wonderful and the people don't see enough tourists very often to be turned off by them . If you find the good restaurants you can easily find yourself drinking wine with the local winemakers until 1-2 in the morning.</p>

Emilia-Romano is another wonderful foodie area of Italy.</p>

If you do Tuscany, just drop by Florence. Sienna is incredible, and the Tuscan coast is the best part for food anyway, and somehow less heavily touristed.
          </p>
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

It's true, one can go to Sienna. We stayed in Tuscan countryside, and it was nothing short of incredible. I am thinking next time to rent a villa with a cook with a bunch of friends.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]It's true, one can go to Sienna. We stayed in Tuscan countryside, and it was nothing short of incredible. I am thinking next time to rent a villa with a cook with a bunch of friends.
              [/quote]</p>

I am a huge fan of Florence. This last time that I was there I was able to have some amazing meals. But Sienna does also sound absolutely wonderful Faust. </p>
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

In the footsteps of David, my girlfriend and I are meeting up with the rest of my family in Hawaii on thursday.</p>

... and we JUST returned to San Antonio last night!</p>

Last week was Boston, NYC and a number of small towns around CT and MA.</p>

</p>

*whew*</p>

</p>
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

going to marrakech a week on sunday

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

[quote user="snafu"]going to marrakech a week on sunday[/quote]</p>

Fascinating city. I doubt you'll want to go back, but I bet you will have a lot of fun. Take a daytrip up into the mountains just east of town if you have time.
                    </p>
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

thanks any info advice would be recived with total thanks and much appreciated</p>

i was hoping to take some pics of some leather stuffs over with me and see if i could find someone who could maybe knock some things up, or atleast buy some nice leather while im over, because iv heard and read its quite a big thing over there, what do you think of the chances</p>

just basically going there to catch some sun, eat some nice food, and experience and different culture</p>

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="snafu"]

thanks any info advice would be recived with total thanks and much appreciated</p>

i was hoping to take some pics of some leather stuffs over with me and see if i could find someone who could maybe knock some things up, or atleast buy some nice leather while im over, because iv heard and read its quite a big thing over there, what do you think of the chances</p>

just basically going there to catch some sun, eat some nice food, and experience and different culture</p>

[/quote]</p>

There are still 2 real tanneries in Marrakech and 1 in Fez if I remember. From what I've seen, you will not find someone to knock off pieces to any satisfactory quality, though you may find some decent things if you look hard enough. The leather you will find in shops and the medina is almost exclusively crap, about the only things you will find in the medina that are worth anything are from some blacksmiths way in the back, and assorted odd shops here and there, it's mostly touristic shit. The tanneries (one may have shut since last year) are on the outskirts of town because they smell really bad, and are worth a visit. </p>

It's more somewhere to go for the experience than for shopping.
                        </p>

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

yeh i totally agree but it would have been more of a bonus if i did manage anything

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

thinking of going to the amalfi coast in italy. has anyone been? any recommendations?
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]thinking of going to the amalfi coast in italy. has anyone been? any recommendations?
                              [/quote]</p>

Isn't that where they shot all the spagetti westerns?
                              </p>

Comment

• iSuck
                                • Mar 2008

I lived in Siena for a while a few years ago and it is by far my favorite city in Italy. If you go during the summer you may be able to catch one of the Palio races. I don't know if someone would want to stay there for an entire week; but, if you can go for a month it makes a great spot to relax, decompress and use as a launch point to make 2-3 day trips to Florence, Venice, Rome, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎